Dive, FMF, KellyJay thread

Dive, FMF, KellyJay thread

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
14 Dec 22

There appears to be enough reasonable doubt about how, when, and who wrote the New Testament.

Yet, the Bible is supposed to be our direct influence from God. I don't think that a God who wants us to know Him would create a book with so much unknowns attached to it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Dec 22

@chaney3 said
There appears to be enough reasonable doubt about how, when, and who wrote the New Testament.

Yet, the Bible is supposed to be our direct influence from God. I don't think that a God who wants us to know Him would create a book with so much unknowns attached to it.
I don’t either, but everything can be questioned. Today many don’t know what bathrooms they should go in, so if you don’t want something to be true any excuse will do.

c

Moves
14 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
I don’t either, but everything can be questioned. Today many don’t know what bathrooms they should go in, so if you don’t want something to be true any excuse will do.
KellyJay, have you ever questioned the authenticity of the Bible?

If you say no, it would likely be dishonest.

F

Moves
14 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
Today many don’t know what bathrooms they should go in, so if you don’t want something to be true any excuse will do.
many don’t know what bathrooms they should go in

What does this have to do with the authorship of the Bible?

You're not running away, are you?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Dec 22

@chaney3 said
KellyJay, have you ever questioned the authenticity of the Bible?

If you say no, it would likely be dishonest.
Putting your faith in something or someone is trusting when you have doubts, being
able to question is a must or you are not thinking about it. Being 100% certain about
anything is a rare thing, outside of death and taxes, even walking across the ground
can cause you to sink unexpectedly as I found out in Alaska when a hole suddenly
showed up where I was.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Dec 22

@divegeester said
It is for me, yes.
For you it is, and for others, it may not be, wouldn't that simply be only your
opinion not a real statement of truth?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Dec 22

@divegeester said
For the 35th time;

Other than your handed down and deeply held personal belief; do you have any evidence at all that the bible is the complete, exclusive, inerrant word of God?

If not why should anyone believe your assertions and appeals to authority?
The world is free to pick and choose what it wants to believe in, I've given you the
reasons I believe and have continued to do so, with all of your inconsistencies.

F

Moves
15 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
The world is free to pick and choose what it wants to believe in, I've given you the
reasons I believe and have continued to do so, with all of your inconsistencies.
Ah yes, so we return to the narcissistic part of your Christianity. You believe that your personal opinion about "evidence" that's good enough for you saves you from the eternal torture that you believe other people ~ who don't share your personal opinion ~ deserve!

Christianity = misanthropy + narcissism.

Every human deserves to be tortured for eternity [misanthropy] but your personal opinions about [1] yourself and [2] your personal torturer God figure mean that you will have everlasting life in paradise [narcissism].

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
For you it is, and for others, it may not be, wouldn't that simply be only your
opinion not a real statement of truth?
It’s my personal opinion about that verse; same as you have your personal opinions about the bible.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Dec 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I’m not asking for the “reasons you believe”, I’m asking you for possibly the 36th time …

Other than your handed down and deeply held personal belief; do you have any evidence at all that the bible is the complete, exclusive, inerrant word of God?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Dec 22

@divegeester said
It’s my personal opinion about that verse; same as you have your personal opinions about the bible.
You pick and choose what you like about scripture, so no, you are wrong, we do
not view it the same way. It is the Word of God I don't play around with trying to
pick the parts I like and don't like, as you do.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Dec 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
I’m not asking for the “reasons you believe”, I’m asking you for possibly the 36th time …

You have no idea what faith and trust are, you also don't even grasp the meaning
of your own answers sometimes let alone the Bible, or what someone else says to
you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Dec 22

@divegeester said
Just a heads up, since this is where you appear to be most confused and unable
to grasp reality. Your opinion and my opinion are not what is important here it
is the reality of God's Word, you make opinions on par with reality, they are only
how we view it, not what it is.

F

Moves
15 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
Your opinion and my opinion are not what is important here it
is the reality of God's Word.
Wait, wait, wait, don't tell me. I know. I know. Your personal opinion coincides exactly with "the reality of God's Word", yes? In your opinion, that is. Did I get it right?

F

Moves
15 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
you make opinions on par with reality
Hang on though. You make YOUR own opinion about reality "on a par with reality". You do it all the time. One could even say it's all you do.