1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '22 12:51
    @kellyjay said
    You pick and choose what you like about scripture, so no, you are wrong, we do
    not view it the same way. It is the Word of God I don't play around with trying to
    pick the parts I like and don't like, as you do.
    You asked about that scripture specifically, and I have said that we have the same view of that particular scripture.

I’m not “playing around” at all KellyJay, until I see evidence that which supports your assertion and handed down personal opinion that the bible is the complete, exclusive and inerrant word of God then I am quite comfortable rejecting parts of it.

The onus is on you to convince me otherwise, and as you cannot do that because you have no evidence whatsoever, then you can stick to your personal opinion and I’ll stick with mine.

These are our personal opinions.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Dec '22 16:41
    @divegeester said
    It’s my personal opinion about that verse; same as you have your personal opinions about the bible.
    Yes, and our opinions and the truth are two different things! Our opinions don’t change truth, they can only do two things, three if you punt, agree or disagree.

The gospel of Jesus Christ according to John was either written by John or someone else. Jesus Christ is the Word of God made flesh who came into the world to save us from our sins or not. The Bible is the Word of God or not.

We can be corrected with truth saying that something is your truth is calling your opinions the truth because they are your opinions, then you in error do the same to others. Deny something is now no big deal all that is required is a second opinion.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '22 18:35
    @kellyjay said
    Yes, and our opinions and the truth are two different things! Our opinions don’t change truth, they can only do two things, three if you punt, agree or disagree.

The gospel of Jesus Christ according to John was either written by John or someone else. Jesus Christ is the Word of God made flesh who came into the world to save us from our sins or not. The Bible is the Word o ...[text shortened]... r do the same to others. Deny something is now no big deal all that is required is a second opinion.
    Are you implying that your personal opinion about he bible is more truthful than my personal opinion?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Dec '22 19:201 edit
    @divegeester said
    Are you implying that your personal opinion about he bible is more truthful than my personal opinion?
    If we are talking about the Bible and we are offering different opinions about it, saying we are offering different opinions about it, is not an argument solution.

The one who is closer to the truth about the Bible is the one closer to the truth. If we are talking about the authors of the gospels, the one closest to getting it right will be. If there is a binary question that we split opinions on, the right answer can only be with one, truth doesn’t contradict itself, falsehood and people do.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '22 20:03
    @kellyjay said
    If we are talking about the Bible and we are offering different opinions about it, saying we are offering different opinions about it, is not an argument solution.

The one who is closer to the truth about the Bible is the one closer to the truth. If we are talking about the authors of the gospels, the one closest to getting it right will be. If there is a binary question ...[text shortened]... on, the right answer can only be with one, truth doesn’t contradict itself, falsehood and people do.
    Here’s my question again…

6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Dec '22 22:37
    @divegeester said
    Here’s my question again…

Yes, not because it’s my opinion, I don’t believe that you accept the scripture as from God, that puts you are all over the place, this part is from God, that isn’t. You are without a sure foundation.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '22 00:45
    @kellyjay said
    Yes, not because it’s my opinion, I don’t believe that you accept the scripture as from God, that puts you are all over the place, this part is from God, that isn’t.
    Why is it your opinion that it's all "from God"?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Dec '22 02:33
    @kellyjay said
    Yes, not because it’s my opinion, I don’t believe that you accept the scripture as from God, that puts you are all over the place, this part is from God, that isn’t. You are without a sure foundation.
    Well similarly I think my personal opinion is more relevant than your personal opinion.

What else you got?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Dec '22 09:22
    @divegeester said
    Well similarly I think my personal opinion is more relevant than your personal opinion.

What else you got?
    I know, according to you, it is all about me and you, you are so stuck on yourself
    that you leave out the relevance of the text itself, the very topic of most importance
    because it is the Word of God that matters. Your arrogance has you fixated on what
    is relevant to you, and that only. You are also not the only one who thinks that so
    you have company.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Dec '22 09:22
    @divegeester said

What else you got?
    Nothing that can get past your love of yourself.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '22 10:59
    @kellyjay said
    I know, according to you, it is all about me and you, you are so stuck on yourself
    that you leave out the relevance of the text itself, the very topic of most importance
    because it is the Word of God that matters. Your arrogance has you fixated on what
    is relevant to you, and that only.
    Oh, the irony.

Your personal opinions are "all about you" as well.

Gosh, this riff of yours - that your personal opinions are somehow not personal opinions - is so feeble, but you just don't seem to realize.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Dec '22 17:30
    @kellyjay said
    I know, according to you, it is all about me and you
    But it is you and I who are discussing it. Oddball.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Dec '22 17:31
    @kellyjay said
    Nothing that can get past your love of yourself.
    Just keep the insults coming KellyJay, it all adds to the undoing of your assertions and claims about your personal beliefs.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Dec '22 17:41
    @divegeester said
    But it is you and I who are discussing it. Oddball.
    If we were arguing over driving over a cliff, your failure to address the reality of the
    cliff to continue to remind me it was my opinion there was a cliff ahead would be
    no different than what we are doing here. The reality, not the fact we have different
    opinions is what we are talking about, and once you find yourself with undeniable
    proof, as you go flying off the cliff, will turn all opinions of the cliff into something
    meaningless, reality doesn't bend due to our opinions. I'm discussing God and
    the Bible, you're discussing me and you, get over yourself.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Dec '22 17:51
    @kellyjay said
    If we were arguing over driving over a cliff, your failure to address the reality of the
    cliff to continue to remind me it was my opinion there was a cliff ahead would be
    no different than what we are doing here. The reality, not the fact we have different
    opinions is what we are talking about, and once you find yourself with undeniable
    proof, as you go flying off the cl ...[text shortened]... to our opinions. I'm discussing God and
    the Bible, you're discussing me and you, get over yourself.
    You made this silly analogy to Moonbus a few months ago and he completely dismantled it then.

Got anything else?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree