1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Dec '22 18:57
    @divegeester said
    You made this silly analogy to Moonbus a few months ago and he completely dismantled it then.

Got anything else?
    Hearing what you want to hear doesn’t mean valid points are being made, and claiming something unspecific, like someone once said something, as if it were a historical event that means anything carries no weight either.

You really need to at least make some attempt at a argument with points, points that have do with the topic instead of these unspecified elusive ones without specifics. Backing up your points when questioned would be nice as well,
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Dec '22 20:10
    @kellyjay said
    Hearing what you want to hear doesn’t mean valid points are being made, and claiming something unspecific, like someone once said something, as if it were a historical event that means anything carries no weight either.

You really need to at least make some attempt at a argument with points, points that have do with the topic instead of these unspecified elusive ones without specifics. Backing up your points when questioned would be nice as well,
    Sure.

Do you have any evidence whatsoever to support your assertion that the bible is the complete, exclusive and inerrant word of God.

37th time of asking.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Dec '22 20:30
    @divegeester said
    Sure.

Do you have any evidence whatsoever to support your assertion that the bible is the complete, exclusive and inerrant word of God.

37th time of asking.
    I have given you the reasons I accept the scripture as the Word of God, out of hand you rejected them without giving specific reasons that went to points I gave.

You can claim that you have not gotten anything from me but that is simply not true. It doesn’t stop you from continuing saying it, as you do with many things with many topics.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Dec '22 21:08
    @kellyjay said
    I have given you the reasons I accept the scripture as the Word of God, out of hand you rejected them without giving specific reasons that went to points I gave.

You can claim that you have not gotten anything from me but that is simply not true. It doesn’t stop you from continuing saying it, as you do with many things with many topics.
    I accept your reasons for you believing what you believe.

What you are being asked for is evidential based reason why I should agree with you?

Do you understand what I’m asking you kellyjay?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Dec '22 21:19
    @divegeester said

What you are being asked for is evidential based reason why I should agree with you?

You don't even agree with you, or the Bible itself, how would you ever agree with me?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Dec '22 22:29
    @kellyjay said
    You don't even agree with you
    Lol, you said what?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Dec '22 05:19
    @divegeester said
    Lol, you said what?
    You are not consistent.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '22 06:341 edit
    @kellyjay said
    You are not consistent.
    Ha ha, so says the guy who has spent years - almost comically - insisting that every word in the Bible is "literally" true, and now here you are - because, perhaps, your conversational needs are different - insisting that the Bible is full of "visions, dreams, metaphors, parables, even figures of speech" [which are literally the opposite of being "literally" true] and which, by their very nature require subjective interpretation, which - of course - YOU engage in, BUT you condemn someone in the harshest and most sanctimonious of personal terms if their interpretation differs from yours. Consistent in your hypocrisy, as ever.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '22 09:47
    @kellyjay said
    You are not consistent.
    WHAT! I am absolutely consistent.

You on the hand shift your position on the bible being literal or not being literal whenever it suits you.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '22 09:47
    @fmf said
    Ha ha, so says the guy who has spent years - almost comically - insisting that every word in the Bible is "literally" true, and now here you are - because, perhaps, your conversational needs are different - insisting that the Bible is full of "visions, dreams, metaphors, parables, even figures of speech" [which are literally the opposite of being "literally" true] and which, by t ...[text shortened]... of personal terms if their interpretation differs from yours. Consistent in your hypocrisy, as ever.
    Exactly!
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '22 09:48
    @divegeester said

KellyJay?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Dec '22 12:36
    @divegeester said

You on the hand shift your position on the bible being literal or not being literal whenever it suits you.
    Actually no, when I read the Bible I have to change my opinion about the things
    said in it when I'm shown it doesn't mean what I think it does, not you, you have
    freely admitted that for you, your interpretation is true for you, limiting the truth
    of scripture to just your opinion, not the truth itself, which are two different things.

I do have thoughts and opinions about the text, but unlike you, I don't rate my
    opinion above the text, when I read it, it does not automatically mean I'm correct
    when it comes to scriptural truth, it corrects me not the other way around. People
    are not wrong, because they disagree with my interpretation of scriptural truth,
    they are right or wrong only as they agree with the truth expressed in scripture.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '22 22:28
    @kellyjay said
    Actually no, when I read the Bible I have to change my opinion about the things
    said in it when I'm shown it doesn't mean what I think it does
    Same here 👍🏻
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Dec '22 09:54
    @divegeester said

It is the Word of God, in context you get His truths which can be historical, though visions, parables, metaphoric, or clearly spoken. None of that should be rejected but pray-fully read and pondered, none of it is to be read by private interpretation.

Saying a verse was true for you suggesting the limits of its truth was limited to you. Did you misspeak, implying that the truth of scripture is simply truth only to what each person makes it out to be, that we get to make it whatever we want?

If you did mean that, how could it correct us if we get to make it say what we want?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '22 10:03
    @kellyjay said
    It is the Word of God, in context you get His truths which can be historical, though visions, parables, metaphoric, or clearly spoken.
    People have to interpret the meaning.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree