1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '16 02:048 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The Greek word in the New Testament transliterated gennao means "to beget" "to bear". It is primarily used to mean rebirth or regeneration.

Fifteen times gennao is used as a verb in the writings of the Apostle John to mean regeneration. Gennao is also used in a compound word as the root where the meaning regeneration is explicitly meant.

There are TWO compounds words that can be translated to English -regeneration.

1.) Titus 3:5; Matt. 19:28 is one compound word in noun form.

2.) 1 Peter 1:3, 23

Each of these two compound words appear twice in the New Testament. Regeneration is implied in John 3:3-7 in the phrases -

"born from above"

Regeneration is also implied in verses 5-6,8) -

"born of water and of the Spirit"

Divine rebirth is meant in "born of" or "brought forth" in John 1:13; 1 John 2:29; 3:9; 4:7; 5:1, 4, 18; and James 1:18.

"In the regeneration [or restoration] " ... in Matthew 19:28 cannot be insisted to mean the ONLY regeneration that counts in the NT. And the regeneration [or restoration] in Matthew 19:28 comes after the personal begetting of children and sons of God in the epistles pertaining to events of the church age:

" .. who WERE begotten not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." (John 1:13) - During the church age before the second coming of Christ.

"If you know He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness also has BEEN begotten of Him." (1 John 2:29) - During the church age before the second coming of Christ.

"Everyone who has BEEN begotten of God does not practice sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he has BEEN begotten of God." (1 John 3:9) - During the church age before the second coming of Christ.

See also 4:7; 5:1, 4, 18

and James 1:18

" He BROUGHT us forth by the word of truth, purposing that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures." - During the church age before the second coming of Christ.

Before the regeneration [or restoration] of the millennial kingdom Christians are regenerated, begotten of God, born again, born from above, born of water and of the Spirit, born anew.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jun '16 14:02
    Originally posted by sonship
    The Greek word in the New Testament transliterated [b] gennao means "to beget" "to bear". It is primarily used to mean rebirth or regeneration.

Fifteen times gennao is used as a verb in the writings of the Apostle John to mean regeneration. Gennao is also used in a compound word as the root where the meaning regeneratio ...[text shortened]... rated, begotten of God, born again, born from above, born of water and of the Spirit, born anew.[/b]
    8 edits to write that nonsense?

Like Christ said .. there are some who think they will be heard when they talk a lot.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jun '16 15:12
    8 edits to write that nonsense?

Like Christ said .. there are some who think they will be heard when they talk a lot.
    He also said:

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jun '16 19:33
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    He also said:

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
    Your interpretation of that command is that everyone must follow false doctrines in order to show love? If you do not know my position on the right doctrine then read the opening post in the threads I have started.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jun '16 20:07
    Your interpretation of that command is that everyone must follow false doctrines in order to show love? If you do not know my position on the right doctrine then read the opening post in the threads I have started.
    Christ said we must love one another. Can you link me please to one of your posts on this site where you have shown such love. Is it to be found in one of the OPs you mention?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jun '16 20:161 edit
    Christ said we must love one another. Can you link me please to one of your posts on this site where you have shown such love. Is it to be found in one of the OPs you mention?
    You looking for love on the internet?
    Did not your mommy and daddy warn you against that?
    Anyway its past your bed time.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jun '16 20:21
    You looking for love on the internet?
    Did not you mommy and daddy warn you against that?
    Anyway its past your bed time.
    Hey dude, you're the one who says you follow the words of Christ and that actions are also required. Well Christ says you are to love your fellow man. I'm just not getting that love vibe from you.

Insomniacs don't have a bed time. Do pickled eggs?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jun '16 20:39
    Hey dude, you're the one who says you follow the words of Christ and that actions are also required. Well Christ says you are to love your fellow man. I'm just not getting that love vibe from you.

Insomniacs don't have a bed time. Do pickled eggs?
    Its not for you to judge.
    Thats your problem. Christ will judge people and whether or not they show love.
    My actions are known to Christ.
    I dont get love vibes from anyone, but Im not here for that.
    Im here to point our to those who are interested what Jesus Christ said.
    Im not here searching for love.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jun '16 21:13
    This sounds eerily familiar.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jun '16 21:15
    But it's okay for YOU to judge?

Pure hypocrisy.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Jun '16 07:38
    Thats your problem. Christ will judge people and whether or not they show love.
    My actions are known to Christ.
    I dont get love vibes from anyone, but Im not here for that.
    Im here to point our to those who are interested what Jesus Christ said.
    Im not here searching for love.
    And that's where you err.

Christ didn't tell you to 'search for love' but to 'show love.'

Or are 'you' not interested in what Christ said?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '16 11:10
    And that's where you err.

Christ didn't tell you to 'search for love' but to 'show love.'

Or are 'you' not interested in what Christ said?
    You are judging .. did you miss that point?
    I am not judging you or anyone for that matter.
    My aim is to discuss the doctrine of Christ and the Apostles.
    Since we are on the internet our personal lives are not known to each other.
    So whether or not I show love is for Christ to determine.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Jun '16 12:35
    You are judging .. did you miss that point?
    I am not judging you or anyone for that matter.
    My aim is to discuss the doctrine of Christ and the Apostles.
    Since we are on the internet our personal lives are not known to each other.
    So whether or not I show love is for Christ to determine.
    If that is truly your aim, you fail miserably. Almost all your posts are judgmental in nature.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '16 13:33
    If that is truly your aim, you fail miserably. Almost all your posts are judgmental in nature.
    My posts are judgmental because I have been here over 10 years and discussing these issues with the same people. You are like a clueless child that has landed in the height of a heated discussion and wondering why are the people so agitated. Hence the advice to refrain from coming to a conclusion unless you understand the history of the dispute.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Jun '16 14:31
    My posts are judgmental because I have been here over 10 years and discussing these issues with the same people. You are like a clueless child that has landed in the height of a heated discussion and wondering why are the people so agitated. Hence the advice to refrain from coming to a conclusion unless you understand the history of the dispute.
    Let's see. In your preceding post you stated "I am not judging you or anyone for that matter" and then in your last post "My posts are judgmental because I have been here over 10 years and discussing these issues with the same people."

So which is it? How can you state that you are not judging anyone and then in your next breath acknowledge that your posts are judgmental?

You are weakened sir by your inconsistency.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree