DIvine Seed

DIvine Seed

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Jun 16

I can find no evidence of the Bible speaking of this 'divine seed'. Yet so many Christians are certain that the Bible speaks of it. If there is anyone with some references and some explanation, I would be happy.

It appears to be critical to eternal life, but nothing in the Bible about it. Maybe it is just part of church doctrine. Comments welcome.

T

Moves
11 Jun 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
I can find no evidence of the Bible speaking of this 'divine seed'. Yet so many Christians are certain that the Bible speaks of it. If there is anyone with some references and some explanation, I would be happy.

It appears to be critical to eternal life, but nothing in the Bible about it. Maybe it is just part of church doctrine. Comments welcome.
Luke 8
11“Now the parable is this: the seed is the word of God.

1 John 3
9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

John 8
31So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”... 34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. 35“The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.

y

Moves
11 Jun 16

Never heard of this divine seed, could you elaborate on what you are talking about?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Jun 16

Originally posted by yoctobyte
Never heard of this divine seed, could you elaborate on what you are talking about?
In the thread "Putting the cart before the Horse", sonship explains what it is about in the last few posts, of that thread. Checkbaiter has also used the expression.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Jun 16

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Luke 8
11“Now the parable is this: [b]the seed is the word of God.

1 John 3
9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

John 8
31So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; ...[text shortened]... sin. 35“The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.[/b]
Well that makes sense that the seed is the word of God, and whoever is born of God, has the word of God [seed or divine seed] within him and therefore he cannot sin.

However sonship and checkbaiter are using the expression 'divine seed' ro mean something else. Not sure how to express it. Lets hope they contribute.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Jun 16

(from a non Christian POV ) a divine seed may be seen as the spiritual potential which according to Lord Buddha, we all possess as humans.

Moves
11 Jun 16

In the thread "Putting the cart before the Horse", sonship explains what it is about in the last few posts, of that thread. Checkbaiter has also used the expression.
Never heard of it but not surprised that sonship came out with it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Jun 16

1 John 3

The seed is part of the new birth. It is used interchangeably with spirit. When one is born again God can only give what He is "spirit". He creates this seed or spirit in the new Christian. This is also the part of the Christian that remains uncontaminated by sin.
When a person is born again it is truly called seed, that is, you become a child of God by seed.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jun 16

Originally posted by checkbaiter
1 John 3

The seed is part of the new birth. It is used interchangeably with spirit. When one is born again God can only give what He is "spirit". He creates this seed or spirit in the new Christian. This is also the part of the ...[text shortened]... When a person is born again it is truly called seed, that is, you become a child of God by seed.
Where in the Bible is the 'seed' used interchangeably with 'spirit', if you dont mind me asking.

Seems to me that the most likely interpretation of 'seed' is the 'word of God' as Jesus used it in the parable of the sower. If the 'word of God' = 'teachings of Christ, is truly within a man, then that man will refrain from sin.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jun 16

Originally posted by karoly aczel
(from a non Christian POV ) a divine seed may be seen as the spiritual potential which according to Lord Buddha, we all possess as humans.
May very well be. The parallel to what the Bible says is that people have the knowledge of good and evil and this is what the conscience is all about, telling them right from wrong.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jun 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Never heard of it but not surprised that sonship came out with it.
Came out with it, elaborated, explained, discussed it as if it were a Bible expression. The guy is good 😀

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jun 16

Commentary for: 1 Peter 1:23

for you have been born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, through the living and enduring word of God.

“seed.” The Greek word is spora (#4701 σπορá½± ), and it means “the sowing of seed,” and by extension, “seed” or that which is sown. When a person acts on Romans 10:9, and confesses that Jesus is Lord and believes that God raised him from the dead, he is “born again.” This birth is real, and involves God spiritually sowing his nature (or His seed), holy spirit, into the individual. Like God who gave it, the spiritual seed is “imperishable.” This should be a great source of comfort to every Christian, because the New Birth is irrevocable--it cannot be undone, and it guarantees salvation and everlasting life. God sows His imperishable seed into each Christian by creating it in him, which is why, upon being born again, each Christian is a “new creation” (2 Cor. 5:17).

“born again.” Through the centuries of the Christian era, there has been a huge debate about whether a Christian can lose his salvation. We assert Scripture teaches that when a person is born again of God’s holy spirit, his salvation is guaranteed, and he is not in danger of the “Second Death” (Rev. 20:12-15). Salvation is of ultimate importance to every human being, since those who are saved will live forever and those who are not will be annihilated in the Lake of Fire [For annihilation, see commentary on Rev. 20:10]. Therefore, God has spent considerable time on the issue of the permanence of salvation and has approached it from many different angles, so we must do the same, and take some time to expound the issue. [For more information on the permanence of Christian salvation, see Appendix 1: “The Permanence of Christian Salvation.”]

http://www.revisedenglishversion.com/1-Peter/chapter1/23

Moves
12 Jun 16

1 John 3

The seed is part of the new birth. It is used interchangeably with spirit. When one is born again God can only give what He is "spirit". He creates this seed or spirit in the new Christian. This is also the part of the ...[text shortened]... When a person is born again it is truly called seed, that is, you become a child of God by seed.
Are you something to do with this ministry?

http://www.divineseedministries.co.uk

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jun 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Are you something to do with this ministry?

http://www.divineseedministries.co.uk
No, never heard of it. I am with this group.....
http://www.stfonline.org/

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jun 16

Commentary for: 1 Peter 1:23

for you have been born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, through the living and enduring word of God.

“seed.” The Greek word is spora (#4701 σπορá½± ), and it means “the sowing of seed,” and by extension, “seed” or that which is sown. When a person acts on Romans 10:9, and confesses that J ...[text shortened]... ence of Christian Salvation.”]

http://www.revisedenglishversion.com/1-Peter/chapter1/23
The fact that Peter addresses the Elect of God, apparently has escaped your notice. Using a statement made for this special group chosen by God, and applying this statement to every Christian is poor interpretation and leads to false doctrines.