1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 12:02
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Evolution is not the claim "that an ape has evolved into a man". It claims that apes and mankind had a common ancestor (now extinct).
    However, the claim that apes and mankind had a common ancestor (now extinct) is not biological science.
  2. Subscribermoonbusonline
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 12:242 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    However, the claim that apes and mankind had a common ancestor (now extinct) is not biological science.
    At least get the claim right, before you reject it. Knocking over straw men isn't going to gain you any converts.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 12:31
    At least get the claim right, before you reject it. Knocking over straw men isn't going to gain you any converts.
    Well, they used to claim what I said. I just forgot about that Bristish guy changing the claim to what you stated.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 12:39
    The atheist believes he is the supreme being.

The problem with the word "evolution" is that it has taken on too many meanings. It is not always clear as to what one means when speaking of evolution.

When you say it does not happen much from generation to generation, I have no idea what you mean.
    "The atheist believes he is the supreme being."
    Who says that who is a supreme being? I don't understand...

Evolution is very well defined. Evilution, however, noone knows what it is, at all. Because it is not science.

You really have to read up on evolution. There are so many things that you have misunderstood.

Back to the topic - if some intelligent designer has once written in the DNA-code in Aramaic - you understand that you have fallen into the satire, don't you? That there are no hidden message in the code, more than what is needed by biology itself, right?
  5. Subscribermoonbusonline
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 13:02
    "Back to the topic - if some intelligent designer has once written in the DNA-code in Aramaic - you understand that you have fallen into the satire, don't you? That there are no hidden message in the code, more than what is needed by biology itself, right?"

If I were God and I wanted to send a message to my creatures, I would tattoo it on each one's back. No one would be able to see his own message; everyone would require someone else to read it to him. Thus, the very reading out of the message would intrinsically promote universal friendship and brotherhood.

What's on my back? Dude ! Sweet !
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 13:04
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    "The atheist believes he is the supreme being."
    Who says that who is a supreme being? I don't understand...

Evolution is very well defined. Evilution, however, noone knows what it is, at all. Because it is not science.

You really have to read up on evolution. There are so many things that you have misunderstood.

Back to the topic - if some inte ...[text shortened]... That there are no hidden message in the code, more than what is needed by biology itself, right?
    There are many things that people do not understand so I feel for you.

You are right that evilution is not science and that is my point. Evilution is really Evil - lution. However, I shortened it because many people confuse it with evolution. If you can view the following video, it explains better than I can what it is.

YouTube

I have read up all I need to about evolution. I think I understand it well enough for what I need to know about it.

I agree on the satire. It seems obvious that there was no DNA code in Aramaic. You don't know me very well. I like to joke around at times. As I said that part of the post was for fun and to bring attention to the topic I linked to. If you will notice the link does not contain anything about that ridiculous satire.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 13:12
    "Back to the topic - if some intelligent designer has once written in the DNA-code in Aramaic - you understand that you have fallen into the satire, don't you? That there are no hidden message in the code, more than what is needed by biology itself, right?"

If I were God and I wanted to send a message to my creatures, I would tattoo it on each one's bac ...[text shortened]... back? Dude ! Sweet !
    I would every year, that was a prime number, let it snow (not hexagonal, but) pentagonal snowflakes in the desert of Negev, and prevent it from melting. That would make the crazy evilutionists scratch their heads.
    I would rearrange the star to give a message of the ultimate truth. He could do it, he is omnipotent, and would turn every human being to believe in him.
    I wouldn't use a magazine known for satire to bring out the message. I simply wouldn't.

A god, worth his position, would give us a message that not only believers would believe in.
    ...if he thinks it is important. Which he obviously don't think.
  8. Subscribermoonbusonline
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 13:14
    Well, they used to claim what I said. I just forgot about that Bristish guy changing the claim to what you stated.
    It is generally considered a virtue of the scientific cast of mind to be willing to admit mistakes and correct them.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 13:20
    There are many things that people do not understand so I feel for you.

You are right that evilution is not science and that is my point. Evilution is really Evil - lution. However, I shortened it because many people confuse it with evolution. If you can view the following video, it explains better than I can what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ...[text shortened]... linked to. If you will notice the link does not contain anything about that ridiculous satire.
    You are right that evilution is not science and that is my point. Evilution is really Evil - lution.
    You are so right. It is created by creationists. And it has nothing to do with evolution. Because evolution is science and not religion.

I have read up all I need to about evolution. I think I understand it well enough for what I need to know about it.
    But you don't know. You have to study harder.

I like to joke around at times.
    I know that you have humour. Dinosaurs, 6000 years, cooling down the moon with water, shroud of Turin, the flooding, and all, and now messages from the supreeme programmer. I am relieved that you admit that you have humour and not are to be taken seriously. Thank you.

I don't have humour. I am always serious.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 13:21
    It is generally considered a virtue of the scientific cast of mind to be willing to admit mistakes and correct them.
    Well, in this case they reluctantly admitted to a mistake and replaced it with another mistake.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 13:493 edits
    Message From God Found Hidden Inside DNA Sequence

In a little-explored section of non-coding DNA, a team of top geneticists discovered a 22-word snippet of ancient Aramaic in which God confirms his existence and his role in creating life on Earth.

Entirely decoded, the message reads: "Hello my children. This is Yahweh, the one true Lord. You have found ...[text shortened]...

http://www.washington.edu/news/2013/12/12/scientists-discover-double-meaning-in-genetic-code/
    Counter productive sensationalism.

Codes, X-ray images in cloths, phony relics, gimmicks and inventions of the religious imagination are the things in danger of being claimed to "help" people believe the Gospel but are soulish, fleshly, natural, and risky. And many will say some day "But didn't we do many mighty works in your name?"

We need to pray about some of these kinds of things and touch the Holy Spirit. We need to discern if God's desire is that we present these kinds of things to announce why people should believe the Bible.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 13:51
    Originally posted by sonship

Codes, X-ray images in cloths, phony relics, gimmicks and inventions of the religious imagination are the things in danger of being claimed to "help" people believe the Gospel are risky. And many will say some day [b] "But didn't we do many mighty works in your name?"

We need to pray about some of things kind ...[text shortened]... desire is that we present these kinds of things to announce why people should believe the Bible.[/b]
    He has just admitted it was a joke. Nothing more. He wasn't serious. His posting wasn't meant to be serious. It was just a joke.

To sum it up - god doesn't present himself in the human DNA.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 13:581 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    He has just admitted it was a joke. Nothing more. He wasn't serious. His posting wasn't meant to be serious. It was just a joke.

To sum it up - god doesn't present himself in the human DNA.
    Okay. I didn't read that.

I like humor as much as the next guy. Sometimes I have to remember Proverbs 26:18,19

"Like a madman who shoots firebrands, arrows, and death, So is the man who deceives his neighbor, and says, Was I not joking?"
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 14:01
    Originally posted by sonship

Codes, X-ray images in cloths, phony relics, gimmicks and inventions of the religious imagination are the things in danger of being claimed to "help" people believe the Gospel but are soulish, fleshly, natural, and risky. And many will say some day [b] "But didn't we do many mighty works in your name?"

We nee ...[text shortened]... desire is that we present these kinds of things to announce why people should believe the Bible.[/b]
    Well, I do believe Christ left the Shroud of Turin as proof of His crucifixion and resurrection.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 14:02
    Well, I do believe Christ left the Shroud of Turin as proof of His crucifixion and resurrection.
    What? You are joking, right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree