1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 14:09
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    What? You are joking, right?
    No. I am very serious on the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oveido.

https://www.shroud.com/guscin.htm
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 14:11
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No. I am very serious on the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oveido.

https://www.shroud.com/guscin.htm
    How would I know if you show off with your humour and when you are serious?

When you state preposterous thoughts, then I assume you are joking, and we love to play along. Therefore you will always have these lengthy debates about ridiculous things.

When you say you are serious, are you just kidding us...?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 14:27
    How would I know if you show off with your humour and when you are serious?

When you state preposterous thoughts, then I assume you are joking, and we love to play along. Therefore you will always have these lengthy debates about ridiculous things.

When you say you are serious, are you just kidding us...?
    I am serious much of the time. However, I don't like to be serious all the time. I come on here to have fun. It is not fun to me to be so serious all the time.

There are certain things that I have serious beliefs on, but I don't claim to be infallible. I make mistakes just like other men. I can only present my opinions. Nobody has to accept them and many don't. So I am not offended if you think I am a moron and don't agree with me. I expect many people not to agree with me.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 14:38
    I am serious much of the time. However, I don't like to be serious all the time. I come on here to have fun. It is not fun to me to be so serious all the time.

There are certain things that I have serious beliefs on, but I don't claim to be infallible. I make mistakes just like other men. I can only present my opinions. Nobody has to accept them and ...[text shortened]... if you think I am a moron and don't agree with me. I expect many people not to agree with me.
    But why do you persist bringing your religious opinions to the Science Forum? Because that is in essence what it is. If you knew more about geology, radiology, measuring methods, history, scientific methodology not to mention evolution itself, you wouldn't look that the moron you say yourself you are.

I consider you as my friend, as long you respect me. But who will respect a moron? And as you say - you don't understand everything, then why are you consistently trying to convince everyone that you do? When you in fact move yourself in the Science forum as an elephant in a china shop?

Whenever you understand you are wrong, you say you are joking, and that you have humour and therefore expect to be respected anyway? Are you serious? then act seriously. Are you joking, then act like a man with humour. And not like a moron.

Would you like to be respected? Or do you not care...?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 14:47
    But why do you persist bringing your religious opinions to the Science Forum? Because that is in essence what it is. If you knew more about geology, radiology, measuring methods, history, scientific methodology not to mention evolution itself, you wouldn't look that the moron you say yourself you are.

I consider you as my friend, as long you respect me ...[text shortened]... man with humour. And not like a moron.

Would you like to be respected? Or do you not care...?
    The only way I could be respected by people on here is by saying the things the people believe and want to hear. I don't want respect like that. I would rather be considered a moron.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 14:55
    The only way I could be respected by people on here is by saying the things the people believe and want to hear. I don't want respect like that. I would rather be considered a moron.
    You don't have to say things you think people want to hear. Are your self esteem really that low? I don't go bla bla bla in subjects I don't know anything about. I wouldn't get any respect for that.

When people ask you about your opinion, then give them their opinion. don't tell them that they are wrong, ignorant, stupid, and should go to hell for their thoughts. Just give them your opinion, and let they decide if you are a moron or not.

As long you say you are a moron, people will believe you, because you act like one.

Respect others views, and you will see that they will respect yours. (Jesus said something about that once, and you believe what he said, right?)
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 15:15
    You don't have to say things you think people want to hear. Are your self esteem really that low? I don't go bla bla bla in subjects I don't know anything about. I wouldn't get any respect for that.

When people ask you about your opinion, then give them their opinion. don't tell them that they are wrong, ignorant, stupid, and should go to hell for the ...[text shortened]... will respect yours. (Jesus said something about that once, and you believe what he said, right?)
    My self esteem has gotten pretty far down there. I don't get much respect on here because of my YEC views.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 15:34
    My self esteem has gotten pretty far down there. I don't get much respect on here because of my YEC views.
    Nota bene and listen closely:
    You don't get much respect because you say nasty things about those who don't agree with you. You will never get respect by insulting others.
    You will never get any respect from anybody by seeing every thread as a fight that you just must win, with any methods whatsoever. Some fights you don't even have to win, but you cruch your debattants anyway, just to be sure.

But you will have respect, even as a YEC, if you listen at others, give others respect, and now and then end your posting with "and that is my opinion, you may have yours even if I don't agree with them".
    If you act as an adult, then you will be treated as an adult. If you act as a moron, then you will be treated as a moron.

If you want to be an instructor, then don't shove your opinions into other's throats. Don't give a link to a youtube-flic and expect to be treated as an instructor. Don't give us links to everywhere, don't quote any authority who just happen to agree with you in a certain detail. If you want to be an instructor, then you have first to earn respect.

Remember what Jesus said, or whoever said it: "Treat others the way you want to be treated yourself." Do you believe that? Then why are you so surprised that you are not respected by others?

Does anything of the above make any sense to you?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 16:08
    You don't get much respect because you say nasty things about those who don't agree with you. You will never get respect by insulting others.
    You will never get any respect from anybody by seeing every thread as a fight that you just must win, with any methods whatsoever. Some fights you don't even have to win, but you cruc ...[text shortened]... rised that you are not respected by others?

I believe you to be an arrogant and deceitful person.
  10. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 16:181 edit

I do, however, know some about evolution which, in fact, is a scientific branch of biology.

Let's not go off-topic. Let's have an honourable debate in a dedicated thread in the subject.
    This I've got to see!

Don't you know by now that RJH is totally incapable of an "honourable debate" on this, his favourite pet subject?

All he can say is : if you don't believe like me, you are all EVIL!

Edit: When I wrote this, I had not realised how far the thread had already progressed. Glancing through the postings, I can see my prediction was correct.

Go, FabianFnas!

πŸ˜€
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 16:32
    So the matter rests there. You will never understand what he just said, which was all true, there was ZERO arrogance there. He is FAR more intelligent than you but all you see is arrogance. Way to go. That is exactly why you have no respect here.
  12. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 17:48
    You will never get any respect from anybody by seeing every thread as a fight that you just must win, with any methods whatsoever. Some fights you don't even have to win, but you cruc ...[text shortened]... rised that you are not respected by others?

Where do you get the patience to write such a well -reasoned and calm response?πŸ˜‰
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 19:26
    An amusing game once, made tedious by repetition.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 08:23
    What happened right now? I reached out a hand toward you to give you my friendship, and you reject it? You give me back insults in a non-christly way. Are you christian or do you pretend to be so?

If you give insults, how can you expect to be respected? At all? And at the same time you do it in the name of Christ, is Christ just like you? Why do you think I would embrace christ when his followers are so insultive and hateful?

Was it a mistake? Then you have a chance to correct it. Please take it.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 08:25
    Originally posted by CalJust
    This I've got to see!

Don't you know by now that RJH is totally incapable of an "honourable debate" on this, his favourite pet subject?

All he can say is : if you don't believe like me, you are all EVIL!

Edit: When I wrote this, I had not realised how far the thread had already progressed. Glancing through the postings, I can see my prediction was correct.

Go, FabianFnas!

πŸ˜€
    I became deeply disappointed of him. I showed us half his sould and accepted that he was a lonely old man, wanting respect but getting none. I thought he understood the cause for this, but I was wrong. Now he showed me his black part of his soul. I am deeply disappointed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree