DNA Message From God

DNA Message From God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Feb 14

Originally posted by FabianFnas
What happened right now? I reached out a hand toward you to give you my friendship, and you reject it? You give me back insults in a non-christly way. Are you christian or do you pretend to be so?

If you give insults, how can you expect to be respected? At all? And at the same time you do it in the name of Christ, is Christ just like you? Why do you th ...[text shortened]... nsultive and hateful?

Was it a mistake? Then you have a chance to correct it. Please take it.
I want real friends, not those that pretend to be friendly, but are deceitful devils waiting for a chance to accuse and abuse.

F

Moves
27 Feb 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
I want real friends, not those that pretend to be friendly, but are deceitful devils waiting for a chance to accuse and abuse.
You will not have real friends, ever, if you meet them like that.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Feb 14

You will not have real friends, ever, if you meet them like that.
There is no reason I can see that you would honestly want to be my real friend since it is clear that we disagree on almost everything we have discussed.

F

Moves
27 Feb 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
There is no reason I can see that you would honestly want to be my real friend since it is clear that we disagree on almost everything we have discussed.
People who respect each other can always disagree. It's all about respect.

You can have your opinion, I don't mind. If you give me respect for my opinions, I give you respect for yours. That's what friendship is all about.

If you want to have respect for your person, you have to give respect for others. It's simple as that. Nothing strange at all.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
27 Feb 14
1 edit

I became deeply disappointed of him. I showed us half his sould and accepted that he was a lonely old man, wanting respect but getting none. I thought he understood the cause for this, but I was wrong. Now he showed me his black part of his soul. I am deeply disappointed.
I have tried on several occasions to gently rebuke him, and point out that his way of "Christian witnessing" is totally counter-productive. He is an embarrassment to all the Christians (well, with some possible exceptions, e.g. GB) on this site.

However, he sees any criticism as "being persecuted for the faith" and is encouraged by it!

When found out in a lie, he will respond "Glory glory glory! Hallelujah!" and post his smug face 😏

Trying to reason with him is like trying to catch a tadpole with one finger.

Responding to him, even very patiently and logically (like you have done in this thread) is an invitation for abuse, as you have just seen.

I recall some months ago (or maybe longer) there was an agreement by other RHP members just NOT to interact with him in any way. After a time, he said he was "resigning" from the Forum, and actually disappeared for a while - about three days, then he could not bear the outer darkness any longer!

Quit wasting valuable time in replying to him, let's rather have a proper discussion about any worthwhile subject, and refuse to respond to his posts.

πŸ˜•

F

Moves
27 Feb 14

Originally posted by CalJust
I have tried on several occasions to gently rebuke him, and point out that his way of "Christian witnessing" is totally counter-productive. He is an embarrassment to all the Christians (well, with some possible exceptions, e.g. GB) on this site.

However, he sees any criticism as "being persecuted for the faith" and is encouraged by it!

When found out ...[text shortened]... have a proper discussion about any worthwhile subject, and refuse to respond to his posts.

πŸ˜•
Jesus accepted even a prostitute, remember? I will try a while longer. Then he has to decide if he really wants respect and friendship. If he does, then we can all help him. If he doesn't, then we have to work harder.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
27 Feb 14

Jesus accepted even a prostitute, remember? I will try a while longer. Then he has to decide if he really wants respect and friendship. If he does, then we can all help him. If he doesn't, then we have to work harder.
If you are looking for a Biblical analogy, the prostitute example definitely does NOT apply!

She was very sure of her own weakness and shortcomings, and was engaging Jesus with sincerity and humility. Jesus always reacted positively to that approach.

RJH is the archetypal Pharisee. Self-righteous, judgemental, critical, abusive. Jesus reserved his harshest criticism for them.

I am afraid that if he were here in person, RJH would receive the same response from him, and not at all the crowns and praise that he so obviously anticipates.

F

Moves
27 Feb 14

If you are looking for a Biblical analogy, the prostitute example definitely does NOT apply!

She was very sure of her own weakness and shortcomings, and was engaging Jesus with sincerity and humility. Jesus always reacted positively to that approach.

RJH is the archetypal Pharisee. Self-righteous, judgemental, critical, abusive. Jesus reserved his hars ...[text shortened]... e same response from him, and not at all the crowns and praise that he so obviously anticipates.
Christians today reject prostitutes like plague. Any prostitute. Of any kind. Jesus accepted her, and embraced her, for what she was, and despite for what she were.

The prostitute wanted to be a better person. Does RJH want to be a better person? Would Jesus accept him, despite his insults to everyone? Yes, I think so, if he was to know and aknowledge his own weakness and shortcomings.

We should all respect him for all his opinions, but never respect him for his insults. If he want to be respected then he should repent and read the true words of Jesus until he understand what respect really mean.

To get respect you have to earn the respect. And one way to earn respect is to give others respect. To give insults on a regular basis is not a way to get respect. Never.

Über-Nerd

Moves
27 Feb 14
2 edits

"RJH is the archetypal Pharisee. Self-righteous, judgemental, critical, abusive. Jesus reserved his harshest criticism for them."

You chaps don't get it. RJH doesn't believe what he posts; he's presenting a fictitious Internet persona here. He gets his jollies by winding people up. He winds them up by assuming such a preposterous position that someone will feel compelled to take up the gauntlet. I would not be surprised to find he that copies pro-evolution (etc.) arguments from here and pastes them into pro-Evangelical forums to wind THEM up, with roles reversed.

The game is amusing initially, but once you've sussed the pattern, it wears thin.

F

Moves
27 Feb 14

Originally posted by moonbus
"RJH is the archetypal Pharisee. Self-righteous, judgemental, critical, abusive. Jesus reserved his harshest criticism for them."

You chaps don't get it. RJH doesn't believe what he posts; he's presenting a fictitious Internet persona here. He gets his jollies by winding people up. He winds them up by assuming such a preposterous position that someone wil ...[text shortened]... s reversed.

The game is amusing initially, but once you've sussed the pattern, it wears thin.
Interesting thought. Can it really be that way?

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
27 Feb 14
1 edit

... he's presenting a fictitious Internet persona here. He gets his jollies by winding people up. He winds them up by assuming such a preposterous position that someone will feel compelled to take up the gauntlet.
Come to think of it, this may be the Occam's Razor explanation....

πŸ˜€

Edit: and in that case, my recommendation not to engage him in any way, would still apply...

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
27 Feb 14

Christians today reject prostitutes like plague. Any prostitute. Of any kind. Jesus accepted her, and embraced her, for what she was, and despite for what she were.

The prostitute wanted to be a better person. Does RJH want to be a better person? Would Jesus accept him, despite his insults to everyone? Yes, I think so, if he was to know and aknowledge ...[text shortened]... s to give others respect. To give insults on a regular basis is not a way to get respect. Never.
FabianFnas, you humble me.

I am offended by his posts (whether true or trolling) but yes, I have to "accept" him.

What does this mean in practice? In normal society, we are told to "accept" each other, love our enemies, etc. But still, we exercise our powers of choice by associating with those with whom we feel comfortable and largely, who share our values.

This is probably the subject of a separate thread - to what extend do we have an obligation to accept, and at what point should we rather challenge and admonish to change. Paul had a specific strategy for those "inside" and a different one for those "outside".

If I understand your strategy correctly, it would be to continue to engage positively, with the hope of achieving, at some time, a change of heart in the person so engaged.

My question would be - for how long? After how many times of hitting your head against the wall should you stop and say: This is silly!

Seventy times seven?

Über-Nerd

Moves
27 Feb 14
1 edit

Interesting thought. Can it really be that way?
Read the last 15 threads he's initiated and tell me you don't see an obvious pattern:

1. Start new thread: wave red flag.
2. Some bull charges.
3. Cut, thrust, parry, stand-his-ground.
4. Go to step one, repeat...

Hey, this is a gamers' forum. But not all of us are playing CHESS here. I rather like the variety of it. Ya pays yer money (or not, as the case may be) and ya takes yer choice. Engage him if you want; just be aware that this is a gamers' forum.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
27 Feb 14

Read the last 15 threads he's initiated and tell me you don't see an obvious pattern:

1. Start new thread: wave red flag.
2. Some bull charges.
3. Cut, thrust, parry, stand-his-ground.
4. Go to step one, repeat...

Hey, this is a gamers' forum. But not all of us are playing CHESS here. I rather like the variety of it. Ya pays yer money (or not, as t ...[text shortened]... be) and ya takes yer choice. Engage him if you want; just be aware that this is a gamers' forum.
πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Über-Nerd

Moves
27 Feb 14
1 edit

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
The mistake some sparring partners make with him is in supposing (or concluding) that he's a moron (i.e., unintelligent). It is an image he cultivates, to draw people out. He is certainly not dim; he's just playing on a different plane than most people here suspect. Think Sherlock & Moriarity ...