1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 13:36
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Meeting sarcasm with sarcasm. How witty.

BTW, tell us who thinks we evolved from apes?
    "It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man." H. L. Mencken
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 21:03
    Meeting sarcasm with sarcasm. How witty.

BTW, tell us who thinks we evolved from apes?
    Most of those who belive in Darwin's theory of evolution believe that man evolved from apes.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 18:01
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Most of those who belive in Darwin's theory of evolution believe that man evolved from apes.
    Would you point to someone who believes in Evolution who also believes we evolved from apes?

BTW, if we evolved from apes, why are there still apes around? Usually the winner of the evolutionary prize knocks out the competition.

Anyway, point me to those people who believe in evolution AND we evolved from apes.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Mar '14 16:59
    Would you point to someone who believes in Evolution who also believes we evolved from apes?

BTW, if we evolved from apes, why are there still apes around? Usually the winner of the evolutionary prize knocks out the competition.

Anyway, point me to those people who believe in evolution AND we evolved from apes.
    So three weeks have gone by with no response. Could it be he has passed on the the great engine in the sky?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Mar '14 19:47
    So three weeks have gone by with no response. Could it be he has passed on the the great engine in the sky?
    Nope, he moved 27 minutes ago so he is still here, just sulking....
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '14 07:53
    Nope, he moved 27 minutes ago so he is still here, just sulking....
    Still sulking...
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Mar '14 23:511 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Still sulking...
    Perhaps he saw the error of his ways and decided enough BS was enough?

BS= El Toro Poo poo🙂
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Mar '14 21:30

Jerry Coyne, a professor of Ecology and Evolution at the University of Chicago and author of the book, Why Evolution is True, says humans evolved from chimpanzees, gorillas, and orangutans at about 12:50 minutes into the video. This video was referred to me by FabianFnas in the thread "Problems with Evolution" to prove evolution to me I guess.

YouTube

"The mainstream view is that humans evolved from the same group as African great apes: chimps, bonobos, and gorillas."

Orangutans May Be Closest Human Relatives, Not Chimps
    By James Owen
    for National Geographic News, June 23, 2009

This is according to John Grehan, of the Buffalo Museum of Science in New York State, and Jeffrey Schwartz, of the University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/06/090623-humans-chimps-related.html

It looks like they are just guessing to me.

"While the orangutan lineage was evolving in Asia, the primates that led to the modern day African great apes and humans were still in Africa."

http://www.orangutanrepublik.org/become-aware/orangutan-specifics-40237/orangutan-evolution
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Mar '14 23:06
    Jerry Coyne, a professor of Ecology and Evolution at the University of Chicago and author of the book, Why Evolution is True, says humans evolved from chimpanzees, gorillas, and orangutans at about 12:50 minutes into the video. This video was referred to me by FabianFnas in the thread "Problems with Evolution" to prove evolution to me I guess.

http://www ...[text shortened]... ]

http://www.orangutanrepublik.org/become-aware/orangutan-specifics-40237/orangutan-evolution
    If Jerry Coyne says we evolved from chimps and gorillas, he was either misquoted or he is one of the dumbest professors in existence. Our origins go WAY back before gorilla's, we both had common ancestors like 5 to 10 million years ago, of course you are free to poo poo the dates but they stand the test of time, nobody but YEC's doubt it and you in particular have nothing to base your stance on but the stories of other people who also have an agenda to destroy, not find the truth.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Mar '14 23:16
    Now I understand why you atheists believe in millions and billions of years by the way you exaggerate time.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Mar '14 05:56
    [b]"The mainstream view is that humans evolved from the same group as African great apes: chimps, bonobos, and gorillas."

[/b]
    Yes. About 8 million years ago we shared a common ancestor.

That is NOT saying that we evolved from chimps!!!

Current primates were not around 8 million years ago!
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Mar '14 07:171 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Yes. About 8 million years ago we shared a common ancestor.

That is NOT saying that we evolved from chimps!!!

Current primates were not around 8 million years ago!
    It does not matter what type of ape was the so-called common ancestor or how long ago, the fact is that they are all wrong. That is the point !!!!!!
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '14 08:53
    It does not matter what type of ape was the so-called common ancestor or how long ago, the fact is that they are all wrong. That is the point !!!!!!
    Well it does matter. If you don't understand this, then you don't understand the scientific evolution theory.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Mar '14 13:53
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Well it does matter. If you don't understand this, then you don't understand the scientific evolution theory.
    Oh he understands it quite well I think. He just enjoys pulling our chain.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he is actually an atheist just having fun at our expense.

I doubt it but it could happen.

You do realize we ARE feeding the troll here?
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '14 14:12
    Oh he understands it quite well I think. He just enjoys pulling our chain.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he is actually an atheist just having fun at our expense.

I doubt it but it could happen.

You do realize we ARE feeding the troll here?
    No, I actually believe it is the symptoms of his diagnosis that is showing. I don't think he understands anything about evolution. He doesn't read anything that goes against his opinions. The only article he reads are from those creationist sources that agrees with his delusional beliefs.

I don't know much about psychiatry, but I would guess it is some dementia. It fits very well with other signs that he shows.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree