1. Meddling with things
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 01:20
    Originally posted by pcaspian
    Read an article in N. Scientist and in a flurry of social experiments, seems when confronted with the thought of mortality, on avergage, people's level of anxiety rose quite substantially. In one study, people tended to become more insular when reminded of their mortality. They tended to group together where they shared common bonds. In another study, a gr ...[text shortened]... at either reject the notion of a Christian God, or do not believe in God at all.

thanks

PC
    Nope. Perfectly at ease with death. Try atheism and enjoy the thought that when you're dead you're dead.
  2. Meddling with things
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 01:22
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I'm going to respond to this thread not because I am an atheist, but because I have had the honor of talking to and pastoring tens of thousands of individuals in the latter stages of death (6 months or less), so I feel I can speak with some authority about the role of faith in addressing anxiety in the face of looming death. I have talked to people wit ...[text shortened]... ain, this is very individual, so it is hard for me to say "do this and you will die at peace."
    I take my hat off to you Sir.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree