1. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Aug '07 09:08
    Originally posted by Dudefromabove
    When i say satanist i mean someone who believes that satan will destroy the kingdom of God and therefore is trying to get power for themselves by being evil
    I still haven't seen anyone provide any evidence that such people exist. How can so many people make so many claims about a hypothetical group of people?
  2. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    06 Aug '07 17:50
    Originally posted by Ramned
    Most Satanists do believe in God. They don't worship the Devil literally. The main ideas of that cult is disobedience. They worship and follow the devil only as a symbol of the many beliefs they share with him.
    Based on darvlay's article, "Most satanists do believe in God" is wrong, and "worship" is too.

But I am right when I said they use satan as a symbol, mainly in normal Christian views as disobedience and radical ideas.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 07:50
    Originally posted by Ramned
    Based on darvlay's article, "Most satanists do believe in God" is wrong, and "worship" is too.

But I am right when I said they use satan as a symbol, mainly in normal Christian views as disobedience and radical ideas.
    But the satanists Darvlay is talking about are not the satanists that were being asked about in the thread as Dudefromabove has clarified what he means by satanist. He probably however doesn't actually know if such people exist but has either heard about them from his pastor or other church members or just heard the term satanist and made his own conclusions about what such people must believe.
  4. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 09:50
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But the satanists Darvlay is talking about are not the satanists that were being asked about in the thread as Dudefromabove has clarified what he means by satanist. He probably however doesn't actually know if such people exist but has either heard about them from his pastor or other church members or just heard the term satanist and made his own conclusions about what such people must believe.
    Corr! Members of Christian based faiths spreading ideals of negative stereotypes and casting dispersions on other religious factions that don't follow similar beliefs to them?!

You don't see that very often!
  5. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 13:04
    Originally posted by darvlay
    So now Satanists are demons?
    We’d like to cite for you the following fatwa issued by Sheikh M. S. Al-Munajjid, a prominent Saudi Muslim lecturer and author, who states:

“Allah Almighty has created certain creatures, some of them are known to us and some of them are not.

The Qur’an and Sunnah indicate that jinn exist, and that there is a purpose for their existence in this life, which is to worship Allah Alone with no partner or associate. Allah Almighty says: “And I (Allah) created not the jinns and humans, except they should worship Me (Alone).” (Adh-Dhariyat: 56)

Scholars are in disagreement over the difference between jinn and demons. Some of them say that the word jinn goes far to encompass the jinn as well as the demons.

However, the word demon or shaytan(Satan) is used to refer to the unbelieving ones among the jinn. Allah Almighty says, “…and the devil was ever an ingrate to his Lord.þ” (Al-Isra’: 27)

The world of the jinn is an independent and separate world with its own distinct nature and features that are hidden from the world of humans. Jinns and humans have things in common, such as the ability to understand and choose between good and evil. The word jinn comes from the Arabic root meaning “hidden from sight”. Allah Almighty says: “… Verily he (shaytan)or(Satan) and his soldiers(Satanist) from the jinn or his tribe see you from where you cannot see them…” (Al-A`raf: 27)

“The angels were created from light, the jinn were created from fire, and Adam was created from that which has been described to you.” (Reported by Muslim)
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 13:131 edit
    So?
  7. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 13:25
    Originally posted by spiritmangr8ness
    We’d like to cite for you the following fatwa issued by Sheikh M. S. Al-Munajjid, a prominent Saudi Muslim lecturer and author, who states:

“Allah Almighty has created certain creatures, some of them are known to us and some of them are not.

The Qur’an and Sunnah indicate that jinn exist, and that there is a purpose for their existence i ...[text shortened]... from fire, and Adam was created from that which has been described to you.” (Reported by Muslim)
    So........What?
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 13:31
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The Satanists I am talking about are the only Satanists I know exist as an orginization. Granted, I've never met one personally or attended a meeting, so in the Schroedinger sense, they may not exist at all. However, my research has led me to believe that the Church of Satan is a real organization with "real life" members.

The Satanists dudefromabove is talking about don't actually exist outside of the Black Metal scene in Norway. 😛
  9. Standard memberPureRWandB
    CCC Club Leader
    Denver, CO
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 00:081 edit
    Holy Bible-New International Version

James 2:19
    "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder."
  10. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 00:48
    Just wondering if satanists believe in God or if they have something against him!
    Of course not! We have something against STUPIDITY (i.e. religion delusion).
  11. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 00:50
    Originally posted by twiceaknight
    In order to have something against him they must first believe in him.

You can't have something against something that you don't believe exists.

I think they probably do believe in him and have something against him.
    Satanists have nothing against god because we don't believe in god!
  12. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 00:51
    Originally posted by darvlay
    What do you actually think Satanism is? A literal belief in Satan and the actual worship of him/her? Do you believe that Satanists actual believe in a literal God and fight against him/her/it as part of some kind of occult army? 😕
    Apparently, you "think" you know what Satanists believe, but you don't.
  13. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 00:54
    Just getting peoples thoughts/opinions on an intriguing thing
    Yes, Satanism is very intriguing. And is more logical and attactive once you have freed yourself from superstitious christian/religious thought.
  14. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 00:55
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Anton LaVey was amusingly described as an old-fashioned steak and martini Playboy type--and a total charlatan, of course.
    Yeah, what's your source?
  15. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 00:56
    um have u read the bible?
    yeah, that's why I discard it as contradictory crap!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree