1. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 12:07
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    come on!!! surely they worship Satan!!!!
    Not the ones I've heard of. A name does not a fact make.
    Worshiping Satan would be rather stupid anyway. If you truly thought Satan was better than God you would probably call Satan, God and God, Satan. But then maybe you do considering the actions of the entity you currently call God!

There is a tendency amongst some groups of Christians (similar to their persecution complex) to believe that there are a lot of devil worshipers. They often talk about them and what they are up to but can never seem to point out a single one or provide any actual evidence that such people exist.

Where I come from a lot of people (Christians) believe that the Masons are devil worshipers.
  2. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 13:03
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Worshiping Satan would be rather stupid anyway. If you truly thought Satan was better than God you would probably call Satan, God and God, Satan. But then maybe you do considering the actions of the entity you currently call God!

There is a tendency amongst some groups of Christians (similar to ...[text shortened]...

Where I come from a lot of people (Christians) believe that the Masons are devil worshipers.
    I take it you are an atheist! i know of one person that kills animals and chants rubbish while pouring dead animals blood over him... tells me he does it for the beast we call Lucifer... i take it that is a Satanist or devil worshipper.... i try to steer clear of him!!!
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 13:09
    Originally posted by Stregone
    I think that if you would look in the mirror, you'd discover that you're the nut-job!
    I don't deny that.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 13:11
    Now there you go. You've got 1 of the eleven down, so think/reflect about the other 10, and you'll, too, become one of us!
    No thanks. Your little club sounds pretty gay.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 13:39
    I take it you are an atheist! i know of one person that kills animals and chants rubbish while pouring dead animals blood over him... tells me he does it for the beast we call Lucifer... i take it that is a Satanist or devil worshipper.... i try to steer clear of him!!!
    Thats interesting. I have never met anyone like that. Does he call himself a Satanist? Have you actually witnessed him doing that? Do you think he believes it? Do you think he is sane?
  6. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 14:48
    Thats interesting. I have never met anyone like that. Does he call himself a Satanist? Have you actually witnessed him doing that? Do you think he believes it? Do you think he is sane?
    1. he does
    2. yes unfortunatly
    3. yes sadly
    4. to a degree... he has a bank job...seems reasonable down the pub... but i think a part of him is unhinged!!!
  7. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 03:412 edits

There is a tendency amongst some groups of Christians (similar to ...[text shortened]...

Exactly. I remember reading several Frank E. Perretti novels (This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness) when I was young (and a devoted Christian). In those stories, half the town are secret devil worshippers, including all the powerful local government officials. As you say, such nonsense flows right out of American Christians' persection complex/fantasy.

Edit: Also consider Carmen's early big hit "song" "Witch's Invitation."

YouTube

In it he re-creates what he has claimed to be the true story of his evangelist friend's powerful spiritual encounter with a modern day witch. The whole story smacks of BS, but American Christian's eat this stuff up.
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 03:501 edit
    1. he does
    2. yes unfortunatly
    3. yes sadly
    4. to a degree... he has a bank job...seems reasonable down the pub... but i think a part of him is unhinged!!!
    If any part of that story is true, then this psycho is most definitely unhinged. How did you possibly witness him performing such acts, and why didn't you do anything to stop him?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 04:02
    Your post implied you thought Mother Teresa was "serving others ahead of her own desires". That is not the case. She desired to serve God (probably to get into heaven or a combination of similarly selfish reasons). In fact, it was more important to her to convert people to Christianity than to serve them.
    She was not free of Christianity because she inco ...[text shortened]... you, you are both free to disobey me and not free (imprisoned by your fear) at the same time.
    My, my, I did'nt realize you knew Mother Theresa so well. You judge the hearts of men and women as though you were God himself.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 19:47
    come on!!! surely they worship Satan!!!!
    There is no doubt that some do becuase I have heard of documented cases. However, saying that all do is perhaps assuming to much. The trouble is that those that do would more than likely not admitt to it. Why would they? Should they not lie as their master lies? Is it something to be proud of? The reason some may do it I think is nothing more than personal gain or selfish amibition. Why would anyone want to broadcast that to the world? Would there not be a lot of people frowning upon such selfish endevours? It would be akin to Hitler announcing to the world that he wants to kill all Jews and then take over the world single handedly and then run for pulbic office. Who would vote for him?
  11. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 01:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    My, my, I did'nt realize you knew Mother Theresa so well. You judge the hearts of men and women as though you were God himself.
    That's one of the attitude of Satanists: "we are Gods!"
  12. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 01:26
    Well....being Satanists that means they like the devil and hate God!!!:'(
    On the contrary. Being a Satanist means that we pursue our selfish aims and desires without guilt or shame. We like the devil because He is more like ourselves: egotisical, selfish and self-centered. We hate the god that stupid christians claim to follow, when most just pay lip service, and pursue their selfish aims and desires.
  13. Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 01:27
    Originally posted by Dudefromabove
    Just wondering if satanists believe in God or if they have something against him!
    How could Satanists not believe in God? It's based upon the fact that He exists that there even is a Satan.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 03:121 edit
    On the contrary. Being a Satanist means that we pursue our selfish aims and desires without guilt or shame. We like the devil because He is more like ourselves: egotisical, selfish and self-centered. We hate the god that stupid christians claim to follow, when most just pay lip service, and pursue their selfish aims and desires.
    So you like the so-called "Christians" who proport to serve the God of the Bible even though they are more focused on their selfish ambitions like yourself?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 03:14
    That's one of the attitude of Satanists: "we are Gods!"
    I would agree so long as you use a little "g". Did not the serpent in the garden say, "You will be as gods?" You see, you agree with the Bible. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree