1. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 14:16
    Do you REALLY believe in god?

Why?

And if you believe in god (no I won't waste a capital letter on the word god) then surely you must also beleive in the devil.

They come as a package - so it's a believe in one get one free type offer?

Do you really believe in what you have read in a book (and not such a good one at that) that was written so long ago? This book has had so many re-writes and it changes all the time.
    Reminds me of a game at school where we all sat in a large circle and one of us was chosen to whipser in the ear of the person sitting next to you a sentence. By the time it got back to you it had changed completely dramatically.
    Yet people who beleive in god beleive what is written. Can somebody tell me why please?

I'm not being nasty, or meaning to start a riot, I'd just like to know why you beleive, that's all.
  2. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 14:48
    Originally posted by TheSphinx

Why?

And if you believe in god (no I won't waste a capital letter on the word god) then surely you must also beleive in the devil.

Do you really believe in what you have read in a book (and not such a good one at that) that was wri ...[text shortened]... ot being nasty, or meaning to start a riot, I'd just like to know why you beleive, that's all.
    Unfotunately there is no point in discussing it as you are already clearly prejudiced and have made up your mind. Maybe a more neutral approach would be more fitting to a neutral discussion.

I will say as much that I do believe in God (capital) and in satan too.

Any problems?
  3. England
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 14:581 edit
    well yes we do know the devil is i belive in God, thro Abraham, Mosses, Jesus and my own personal life. they refer to the deciver of the world, so if i try to follow there teachings then the devil is. Why is it you question this?. the book (bible) has been changed from hebrew, greek, latin, english,etc so we could read for our selves and there are debates on its interpretation and other texts like the apocrypha etc but these are there for us to learn from, but if god is not in your heart then no words written will change that.
  4. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 15:06

Why?

Do you really believe in what you have read in a book (and not such a good one at that) that was wri ...[text shortened]... ot being nasty, or meaning to start a riot, I'd just like to know why you beleive, that's all.
    Do you REALLY believe that you came from nothing?

Why?

And if you believe that you came from nothing, then surely you must also beleive in evolution

I'm not being nasty, or meaning to start a riot, I'd just like to know if you actually believe in evoulution?
  5. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 15:08

Why?

Yes I do believe in God, and Satan, notice how I use capital on God and Satan? thats just proper english.
  6. Joined
    04 Jul '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 15:15

Do you really believe in what you have read in a book (and not such a good one at that) that was written so long ago? This book has had so many re-writes and it changes all the time.
    Reminds me of a game at school where we all sat in a large circle and one of us was chosen to whipser in the ear of the person sitting ne ...[text shortened]... ot being nasty, or meaning to start a riot, I'd just like to know why you beleive, that's all.
    You are right that the book has survived thousands of years. The only way we can tell if it is still genuine is if we find the original manuscripts.

These have been found.

Some of them are kept in Ireland in the Chester Beatty Museum. http://www.cbl.ie/perm_exhib/

These have been carbon tested and have been found genuine.

I do belive in the Devil, (which may not be a good thing) but non-the-less God does give the strength to overcome his attacks and tests.

Bye from Tim
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 15:16
    believe
    believe
    beleive
    believe
    believe
    beleive
    beleive
    4-3 for "Believe"
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 15:17
    This book has had so many re-writes and it changes all the time.
    All the time? 😕
  9. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 15:18
    Originally posted by Phledos
    You are right that the book has survived thousands of years. The only way we can tell if it is still genuine is if we find the original manuscripts.

These have been found.

Some of them are kept in Ireland in the Chester Beatty Museum. http://www.cbl.ie/perm_exhib/

I do belive in the Devil ...[text shortened]... ) but non-the-less God does give the strength to overcome his attacks and tests.

Bye from Tim
    You are correct, Take your first Rec 🙂
  10. Joined
    04 Jul '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 15:19
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    Take your first Rec 🙂
    Thank you.
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 15:23
    Originally posted by Phledos
    Didn't "they" say the same for the Shroud of Turin? 😕
  12. Joined
    04 Jul '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 15:30
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Didn't "they" say the same for the Shroud of Turin? 😕
    Read this, it might give any explanation better than I can.

http://www.shroudstory.com/

I dont realy no much about the Shroud Of Turin. Ive never heard of it before.

Bye from Tim.
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    26 Jul '05 08:13
    At this point I will not even attempt to say which god is True or not true. I do believe in a god though. I just can't accept that we came from nothing. In my mind at least it seems crazy to believe that we came from nothing. Order from nothing. I do know others will argue that god is how humans attempt to explain the unexplainable or whatever. Belief in god or gods is universal to man all over the world. Is it a sickness of man?? Why is it universal to mankind?? well anyway that is my 2cents. Manny ps I am a bit crazy 🙂
  14. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '05 09:281 edit
    Personally I don't believe in god, I feel that much of science (evolution and such) contradicts the bible too greatly; for example, the bible says the world and everything in it was created in a week, science says the world took millions of years to form and life and life on it took millions upon millions of years to evolve. This science has been backed up with computer models and proven theories, but the bible could so easily be written by a few philosophers.
  15. Joined
    15 Jul '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '05 09:49
    Reminds me of a game at school where we all sat in a large circle and one of us was chosen to whipser in the ear of the person sitting next to you a sentence. By the time i ...[text shortened]... cally.
    Yet people who beleive in god beleive what is written. Can somebody tell me why please?
    An important note: if you assume that God exists, then it is perfectly acceptable to believe that the Bible is still utterly intact, because the God of the New Testament wouldn't fail true believers by giving them a false book. Further, there's a chapter of the Bible (don't have time to grab it right now to quote, I'm headed off to work) that basically says, "So long as you truly believe that you are acting in good faith, and do not doubt that what you do honors Me, then you're fine."
    And since Christianity is a faith, it would defeat the purpose if you didn't have to overcome doubts to join in. Further, if there was hard proof, it would again defeat the purpose. The Christian God specifically chose to allow humans not to believe in Him (assuming He was the Creator, again).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree