1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    29 Sep '05 01:38
    Many evangelists here say that you must do this and you must do that, such as saying the Sinners Prayer or having a personal relationship with Jesus, in order to avoid hell.

    My question to them is, Have all of your relatives done those things, or do you have relatives who are burning in eternal torment?
  2. Not Kansas
    Joined
    10 Jul '04
    Moves
    6405
    29 Sep '05 02:32
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Many evangelists here say that you must do this and you must do that, such as saying the Sinners Prayer or having a personal relationship with Jesus, in order to avoid hell.

    My question to them is, Have all of your relatives done those things, or do you have relatives who are burning in eternal torment?
    I wonder if Lucy is burning.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    29 Sep '05 02:57
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Many evangelists here say that you must do this and you must do that, such as saying the Sinners Prayer or having a personal relationship with Jesus, in order to avoid hell.

    My question to them is, Have all of your relatives done those things, or do you have relatives who are burning in eternal torment?
    I have a question and I apologize if this gets away from your thread.
    Does not fire require a combustion that consumes matter? So how can there be "eternal" torment unless hell defies reality.
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    29 Sep '05 03:04
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I have a question and I apologize if this gets away from your thread.
    Does not fire require a combustion that consumes matter? So how can there be "eternal" torment unless hell defies reality.
    Reverend, your observation is correct, which is to say, in accord with the Catholic Encyclopedia.

    http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07207a.htm

    From Section VI:

    "It is quite superfluous to add that the nature of hell-fire is different from that of our ordinary fire; for instance, it continues to burn without the need of a continually renewed supply of fuel. How are we to form a conception of that fire in detail remains quite undetermined; we merely know that it is corporeal. The demons suffer the torment of fire, even when, by Divine permission, they leave the confines of hell and roam about on earth. In what manner this happens is uncertain. We may assume that they remain fettered inseparably to a portion of that fire."
  5. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    1561
    29 Sep '05 03:09
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    hell defies reality.
  6. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    1561
    29 Sep '05 03:10
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Reverend, your observation is correct, which is to say, in accord with the Catholic Encyclopedia.

    http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07207a.htm

    From Section VI:

    "It is quite superfluous to add that the nature of hell-fire is different from that of our ordinary fire; for instance, it continues to burn without the need of a continually renewed s ...[text shortened]... s is uncertain. We may assume that they remain fettered inseparably to a portion of that fire."
    cut to the chase...
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    29 Sep '05 03:12
    Originally posted by lioyank
    cut to the chase...
    Do you have relatives in hell?
  8. Standard memberorfeo
    Missing 285 + 1
    On a ship of fools
    Joined
    26 May '04
    Moves
    25590
    29 Sep '05 03:26
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    My question to them is, do you have relatives who are burning in eternal torment?
    Yes. Probably.

    Gosh, that was easy. Give us a hard one.
  9. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    29 Sep '05 03:30
    Originally posted by orfeo
    Yes. Probably.

    Gosh, that was easy. Give us a hard one.
    Tell us about them, how they were on earth, and how you suppose they are suffering now.
  10. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    1561
    29 Sep '05 03:33
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Do you have relatives in hell?
    If one exists, and it exists as the RCC describes it, then maybe. I say maybe because I do not know many of the private lives of my relatives. My best guess would be that they probably would be in purgatory (from the knowledge I DO know about them), and possibly some of them in hell. Not many would make a non-stop flight to heaven. Not many people in general die "sinless". Of course, this is all in the "if" category.
  11. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    1561
    29 Sep '05 03:35
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Tell us about them, how they were on earth, and how you suppose they are suffering now.
    Why don't you tell us about your relatives first? Seeing as you brought this up in the first place. Don't forget to be specific. Give names and intricate details about their lives.
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    29 Sep '05 03:37
    Originally posted by lioyank
    Why don't you tell us about your relatives first? Seeing as you brought this up in the first place. Don't forget to be specific. Give names and intricate details about their lives.
    I don't believe that I have any relatives burning in eternal torment.
  13. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    1561
    29 Sep '05 03:42
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I don't believe that I have any relatives burning in eternal torment.
    But I thought we were playing the "if" game? Or was I the only one playing? In any case, can't you at least pretend?
  14. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    29 Sep '05 03:54
    You were the only one playing. I never introduced any hypotheticals.
  15. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Joined
    28 Sep '04
    Moves
    19210
    29 Sep '05 03:57
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Many evangelists here say that you must do this and you must do that, such as saying the Sinners Prayer or having a personal relationship with Jesus, in order to avoid hell.

    My question to them is, Have all of your relatives done those things, or do you have relatives who are burning in eternal torment?
    Well I believe by definition I have a very close relative burning in Hell. I didn't know this person that long but basically I think they were emotionally disturbed and insane. This person was racist and rather childish and not a very good role model. I guess the evangelists would say "Well this person had it coming." Do you want specifics?
Back to Top