1. Standard memberShallowBlue
    Bah Humbug!
    C:\Drive
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 13:051 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Correct. Are you thickheaded or slow to apprehend?
    Lol - Slow to apprehend! Was this deliberate?

Edit - Just realised that there is another meaning for apprehend.
    Sill - it made me smile when thinking about it in the first context I thought of. 😵
  2. London
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 13:38
    Originally posted by telerion
    When I was a young boy and given to sincerely believing such nonsense, I would sometimes think of my relatives' state in hell. I have always found it quite difficult to comprehend eternity, but, as I really thought of what it would be like for them at that very moment, knowing that you will suffer continually, without hope or peace, some horrible awarenes ...[text shortened]... for their attitude that I can think of is far too cruel for even the most spiteful human being.
    In my estimation, that certain xians here can so casually dismiss your question as trivial betrays a kernel of disbelief in their minds. The only other explaination for their attitude that I can think of is far too cruel for even the most spiteful human being.

There is a third explanation - not every Christian wants to play Scribs' "games". If he is sincerely looking for information or an open, honest debate - then I'm up for it. But if he's looking to score points (and this thread sounds like one of those) - then you shouldn't be surprised at the casual response of Christians. It isn't that they don't believe in the reality of Hell, or that they have this "cruel" attitude you speak of - they're looking for honest conversation.
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 14:50
    Originally posted by lucifershammer

There is a third explanation - not every Christian wants to play Scribs' "games". If he is sincerely looking for information or an open, honest debate - then I'm up for it. But if he's looking to score points (and this thread sounds like one of those) - then you shouldn't be surprised at the casual response of Christians. It isn't that they ...[text shortened]... that they have this "cruel" attitude you speak of - they're looking for honest conversation.
    LOL. Please. I'll give you the most honest conversation you could want. In fact, it is my suspicion that that is exactly why people dodge my questions - the honesty makes them uncomfortable.

I'm honest when I say that I don't believe I have relatives suffering in eternal torment. Now you be honest and say whether you think you do.
  4. London
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 16:08
    LOL. Please. I'll give you the most honest conversation you could want. In fact, it is my suspicion that that is exactly why people dodge my questions - the honesty makes them uncomfortable.

I'm honest when I say that I don't believe I have relatives suffering in eternal torment. Now you be honest and say whether you think you do.
    I mean honest in your intentions. I wrote about this in another thread contrasting RBHill and yourself.

Anyway, to answer your question, no - I don't think I have any relatives in Hell. I can never be sure though - I have no way of knowing their last thoughts.
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 16:29

Anyway, to answer your question, no - I don't think I have any relatives in Hell. I can never be sure though - I have no way of knowing their last thoughts.
    Do you suppose the majority or the minority of people in the world go to hell?
  6. London
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 16:32
    Do you suppose the majority or the minority of people in the world go to hell?
    I think it's a small minority. But, again - I'm not the official judge of that.
  7. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 20:20
    [b]In my estimation, that certain xians here can so casually dismiss your question as trivial betrays a kernel of disbelief in their minds. The only other explaination for their attitude that I can think of is far too cruel for even the most spiteful human being.

There is a third explanation - not every Christian wants to play Scribs' "games ...[text shortened]... that they have this "cruel" attitude you speak of - they're looking for honest conversation.[/b]
    Pity. I had not counted on laziness or fear. Since you, at the very least, tell yourself (and others) that you believe hell is a real place, it would do you some good to think on the victims who are suffering there right now. Their anguish will not expire. In this moment, they know that there is no chance ever. But then very few xians like to think such sad thoughts. Kills the religious buzz.

As for me, I'm very glad to be out of the idol-creating business, whether the figure be composed of wood, stone, precious metal, an ethereal substance, or a mental collection of presuppositions. I'd rather live with my eyes open, even when it is painful to do so, than master the art of self-deception and exist, anesthetized, in a fog of confusion.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 20:57
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I have a question and I apologize if this gets away from your thread.
    Does not fire require a combustion that consumes matter? So how can there be "eternal" torment unless hell defies reality.
    Very good Rev.....Fire IS NOT a preservative....
    I agree 100%.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 21:06
    Many evangelists here say that you must do this and you must do that, such as saying the Sinners Prayer or having a personal relationship with Jesus, in order to avoid hell.

My question to them is, Have all of your relatives done those things, or do you have relatives who are burning in eternal torment?
    Yes, in fact all that have died, with the exception of Jesus Christ are in "Hell".
    The biblical definition for hell is the "grave". That's it. There is no place of eternal torment, nor will there ever be....
  10. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 21:111 edit

Are you changing your avatar again, Dear Doctor ?

Say hi to Ali G. fo me ...... 😀
  11. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 21:17

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 21:20
    Originally posted by telerion
    Pity. I had not counted on laziness or fear. Since you, at the very least, tell yourself (and others) that you believe hell is a real place, it would do you some good to think on the victims who are suffering there right now. Their anguish will not expire. In this moment, they know that there is no chance ever. But then very few xians like to think suc ...[text shortened]... to do so, than master the art of self-deception and exist, anesthetized, in a fog of confusion.
    It is not permitted for a Roman-Catholic to assume a particular person or a somebody is in hell.
  13. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 21:22

14. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 21:341 edit

15. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 21:52
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    blah blah.. what music is played in hell?
    Händels's "Music for the Royal Fireworks" and "Water Music" ...... hehe .....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree