1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 22:011 edit
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    It is not permitted for a Roman-Catholic to assume a particular person or a somebody is in hell.
    Is it permitted for a Roman-Catholic to assume a particular person or a somebody is in heaven?

Is it required for a Roman-Catholic to assume all particular persons are in heaven?
  2. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 22:04
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    What music do you reckon they play in hell? I think the polish pop from my polish house mates bedrooms would be a prime contender, worse than any physical torture!
    "polish pop"... sounds interesting
  3. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 22:081 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 22:08
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Is it permitted for a Roman-Catholic to assume a particular person or a somebody is in heaven?
    I don't think so. Unless they're a saint. But you hear it all the time anyway... "He/she's in heaven now. He/she's in peace. He/she's in a better place." etc, etc...
  5. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 22:10
    FAR from it!!! well interesting in a self harm sort of way!
    does it sound closer to actual "pop", or does it sound like techno, or rap?
  6. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 22:15

7. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 22:161 edit

8. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 22:30
    Tell us about them, how they were on earth, and how you suppose they are suffering now.
    I can't identify specific people. I'm merely saying that on the balance of probability, there are people I'm related to (not necessarily particularly close relatives) who are in hell.

How they were on earth? Quite possibly fine upstanding citizens, good neighbours, and generally nice people to be around. It doesn't matter that much.

How they are suffering now? Again, I wouldn't know specifics. I don't necessarily believe there's a bunch of demons using red hot pokers. Just knowing where they are and that God isn't there may be suffering enough.

I'm certainly not trying to be glib about this. There's simply a limit to what I know, and quite frankly if I *did* know then the knowledge would probably be far too distressing for me to want to discuss it on a message board with a bunch of near total strangers.

Let me say this, though: the one thing I'm not looking forward to about heaven is discovering who isn't there.
  9. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 22:32
    Originally posted by orfeo

Let me say this, though: the one thing I'm not looking forward to about heaven is discovering who isn't there.
    If the people that you would like to see there don't make the cut, will it still be a perfect place for you?
  10. Standard memberShallowBlue
    Bah Humbug!
    C:\Drive
    Moves
    30 Sep '05 00:09
    Ive had the misfortune to catch polish rap on occasions.. it doesnt bare thinking about!
    I once had some Polish metal....
    Oh, wait... Now I thinkabout it, it might have been metal polish.
  11. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Sep '05 00:20
    Many evangelists here say that you must do this and you must do that, such as saying the Sinners Prayer or having a personal relationship with Jesus, in order to avoid hell.

My question to them is, Have all of your relatives done those things, or do you have relatives who are burning in eternal torment?
    You know I dont think we can judge or possably tell who goes where. Only God can count all the factors, whereas Humans looks at the "works",
    And I think its Childish to have disscusions about who is going to hell and who isnt.

Ben
  12. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Sep '05 00:291 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Yes, in fact all that have died, with the exception of Jesus Christ are in "Hell".
    The biblical definition for hell is the "grave". That's it. There is no place of eternal torment, nor will there ever be....
    You are correct. But whats the Biblical Defintion of "lake of Fire", and "everlasting torment", and "knashing of teeth", and "depart from me for I know ye not"?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Sep '05 00:36
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    You are correct. But whats the Biblical Defintion of "lake of Fire", and "everlasting torment", and "knashing of teeth", and "depart from me for I know ye not"?
    Go here.

http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=455
  14. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    30 Sep '05 01:07
    Originally posted by flyUnity

And I think its Childish to have disscusions about who is going to hell and who isnt.
    Is it childish for the Catholic catechism to have a section on that topic?
  15. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    30 Sep '05 03:11
    If the people that you would like to see there don't make the cut, will it still be a perfect place for you?
    I really don't know what you mean by 'perfect'. Heaven is in God's presence, and to a certain extent that would make other factors pale by comparison. I don't know that once I'm THERE I would feel regret. After all, there will be no more crying, no more death, no more pain.

I can only tell you what I feel *now* about the issue of other people not being there, which is that it makes me unhappy. But I don't own the place, so I don't make the admission rules.

Also, when I think about it a little, I wonder how people who had rejected God would behave if they actually found themselves in heaven. Would they enjoy it, or just be terrified out of their mind? Would they try and ruin it for everyone else?

I don't have answers to any number of questions about heaven, and most of the time I don't spend much effort on pondering them. The one thing I'm clear on is that a ticket has been offered to me. I intend taking it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree