1. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 03:58
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    You were the only one playing. I never introduced any hypotheticals.
    So I guess the answer to my last question from my previous post would be: "no".
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 04:01
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    Do you want specifics?
    Not if you believe they are in hell only by the given definition, unless you hold that definition to be correct.
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 04:01
    Originally posted by lioyank
    So I guess the answer to my last question from my previous post would be: "no".
    I hope you don't mind if I ask you a personal question.

Are you dense?
  4. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 04:03
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    insane
    I'm not positive on this one, but I believe that there are specific rules for these type of people. I think that there are certain special circumstances where people can be given an "exemption" from hell. I think Ivanhoe would know more about this.
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 04:05
    Many evangelists here say that you must do this and you must do that, such as saying the Sinners Prayer or having a personal relationship with Jesus, in order to avoid hell.

My question to them is, Have all of your relatives done those things, or do you have relatives who are burning in eternal torment?
    When I was a young boy and given to sincerely believing such nonsense, I would sometimes think of my relatives' state in hell. I have always found it quite difficult to comprehend eternity, but, as I really thought of what it would be like for them at that very moment, knowing that you will suffer continually, without hope or peace, some horrible awareness of suffering endlessly would come to me in fleeting moments of cognition. Tremendous waves of empathy would wash over me, and I would weep.

In my estimation, that certain xians here can so casually dismiss your question as trivial betrays a kernel of disbelief in their minds. The only other explaination for their attitude that I can think of is far too cruel for even the most spiteful human being.
  6. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 04:06
    I hope you don't mind if I ask you a personal question.

Are you dense?
    From dictionary.com

dense:

adj. dens·er, dens·est

Having relatively high density.
    Crowded closely together; compact: a dense population.
    Hard to penetrate; thick: a dense jungle.

Permitting little light to pass through, because of compactness of matter: dense glass; a dense fog.
    Opaque, with good contrast between light and dark areas. Used of a photographic negative.
    Difficult to understand because of complexity or obscurity: a dense novel.
    Slow to apprehend; thickheaded.

I assume it is this last definition that you are referring to. Correct?
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 04:09

I assume it is this last definition that you are referring to. Correct?
    Correct. Are you thickheaded or slow to apprehend?
  8. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 04:10
    Not if you believe they are in hell only by the given definition, unless you hold that definition to be correct.
    Okay then I guess I won't offer specifics because I don't really believe in Hell or Heaven. I guess I was offering specifics because I believe this person was a textbook Hell dweller....good thread
  9. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 04:12
    I'm not positive on this one, but I believe that there are specific rules for these type of people. I think that there are certain special circumstances where people can be given an "exemption" from hell. I think Ivanhoe would know more about this.
    Yes I believe you are right but I question if the close relative was truly insane or just selfish or just both?
  10. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 04:16
    Correct. Are you thickheaded or slow to apprehend?
    Well, I guess so. I mean, if I had to check to make sure that I had the right definition of that word, just to understand what your question was... 😉
  11. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 04:19
    Well, I guess so. I mean, if I had to check to make sure that I had the right definition of that word, just to understand what your question was... 😉
    That's what I thought. When you get some time to work your way through telerion's post, I'd like to see you address the dichotomy that he presents.
  12. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 04:29
    That's what I thought. When you get some time to work your way through telerion's post, I'd like to see you address the dichotomy that he presents.
    I wish I could. However, being the dense person that I am, I don't understand this "xtians" word. I looked it up, but there were no entries for it. Would you mind telling me what it means?
  13. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 04:30
    I wish I could. However, being the dense person that I am, I don't understand this "xtians" word. I looked it up, but there were no entries for it. Would you mind telling me what it means?
    It means Christians.
  14. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 04:38
    It means Christians.
    Hmm, makes sense now. But why would someone feel the need to shorten the word "Christians" to "xtians"?
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 04:42
    Hmm, makes sense now. But why would someone feel the need to shorten the word "Christians" to "xtians"?
    For the same reason you shortened the phrase "can not" to "can't".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree