1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Oct '06 17:09
    Originally posted by rwingett
    It's going to change elsewhere too. Women now comprise a majority of Iran's university enrollement. If that trend continues how long before the hajib becomes a thing of the past? How long before Islam becomes the 'peaceful' religion it is purported to be?

Change is a-comin'. Just don't expect it to all happen in our lifetime.
    I wonder how a Hooters would go over in Tehran.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '06 17:27
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    Hi the only country that I know that somehow incorporate Islamic Law is Sudia Arebia. Although they also sometime deviate from it.

But the question is when did Islamic Countries deviated from Islamic Laws and why. Do you have an Idea
    I must first understand more about Islamic law before I could answer your question about why people do not apply it today. Can you give a brief description of what you deem is "Islamic law"? Also, why is democracy akin to heresy in terms of Islamic law?
  3. The sky
    Moves
    15 Oct '06 19:06
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    What I think she is not a happy woman.

She has to work to support herself.

Many womens are the only parent because the father is not there.

She cann't walk in the streets safly.

She has to dress well to got Job.

She has to uncover her body to be loved.

Do you think she is happy?

Although she is supposed to be living in a very civilise ...[text shortened]... less rights than man. She is paid less and may work more.

And she could die during abortion.
    Some comments from another Western (although not American) woman...

She has to work to support herself.

Why would that have a negative influence on her happiness? Most men have to support themselves, too; do you think they are all unhappy? Personally, I can definitely say that I would be less happy without my work. I do something I consider meaningful, I can use some of my talents in my work, and I can feel pride in being able to support myself.

Many womens are the only parent because the father is not there.

Yes, I am sure this can be tough. But it's often a choice the woman makes herself. In Western societies women can make this choice because they are able to support themselves. They don't have to stay in disharmonic or abusive relationships.

She cann't walk in the streets safly

This may be true for parts of the US, but I have never felt that I can't walk in the streets safely in Germany or Norway.

She has to dress well to got Job.

That depends on the job, just like it does for men. My employer hadn't even seen me when I got my job, as I had my job interview over the phone. At work I can wear whatever I wish.

She has to uncover her body to be loved.

If you mean "loved" in a sexual sense, I can't say much about that as I am not interested in that kind of love. Other love certainly isn't dependent on uncovering the body.

She has less rights than man. She is paid less and may work more.

I don't know of any rights men in Norway have which I don't have. I get paid the same amount a man in the same position would get. It's true, though, that jobs in areas which are traditionally dominated by men are often paid better than jobs in areas which are traditionally dominated by women. I hope this will change over time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree