Do you know Islam?

Do you know Islam?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
12 Oct 06

Originally posted by ahosyney
Let me ask a question :

What make you think that Islam is not Good:

1. Islamic rules? if yes what specific Rule.

2. Muslims themselves.
I know a Muslim woman who's married to a Muslim man. The man had an affair with another woman. But there is no evidence. He 'keeps' his mistress in another house miles away. But somehow his wife found out the location, and one day caught her husband and that woman having sex in one of the rooms in that house. As fate would have it, the landlord of that house happened to be a lady friend of the wife.

Anyway, this Muslim woman went to the syariah court to demand a divorce from her husband, because of the above incident. The ustaz said that in order for the divorce to be approved, the wife must produce sufficient evidence for her allegation. So she brought her lady friend along as the witness. But the answer was still no, because that lady friend wasn't a Muslim. You see, somehow the rule is that that witness must be a Muslim too to qualify as a witness. And if that's not enough, one must find 4 witnesses!

That is not all, a muslim woman is not allow to refuse sex if the husband wants it. Is this wrong information?

a

Moves
12 Oct 06
1 edit

Originally posted by ckoh1965
I know a Muslim woman who's married to a Muslim man. The man had an affair with another woman. But there is no evidence. He 'keeps' his mistress in another house miles away. But somehow his wife found out the location, and one day caught her husband and that woman having sex in one of the rooms in that house. As fate would have it, the landlord of that hous muslim woman is not allow to refuse sex if the husband wants it. Is this wrong information?
Again my friend you didn't answer my question. All what you said so fae you are talking about people practicing Islam in a bad way. I can answer you question in the very specific case you described here. But this will not solve our problem because you will give me another one and so on and I will answer them all by GOD will but will you change your mind after all.

I have an answer but you will not accept it because you already have an idea that is seems you don't want to change.

Islam don't want me to defend it. Man live only one life. And there is only one GOD. If you didn't find the right way for your GOD, you will lose your only chance.

If you really want to know Islam, so you have to open your mind and your heart to get the message. Then you have the right to accept it or refuse it. It seems to me you refuse it before you get it.

If I follow your way certainly I will not choose any other religon because people of each religon , has drug dealers, killers, and terrorist, specially Christianity. Actually there are more in other religon that you can never find in a true Islamic socity.

Make a fair comparison and you will see what I see.

c

Moves
12 Oct 06

Again my friend you didn't answer my question. All what you said so fae you are talking about people practicing Islam in a bad way. I can answer you question in the very specific case you described here. But this will not solve our problem because you will give me another one and so on and I will answer them all by GOD will but will you change your mind aft ...[text shortened]... never find in a true Islamic socity.

Make a fair comparison and you will see what I see.
So what are you saying? Is a muslim woman allowed to divorce her husband according to Islamic law? What are the requirements, if any?

c

Moves
12 Oct 06

Never mind about what's the practice in Malaysia. What does it say in the Koran? Is a Muslim person allowed to convert to other religion? No, right? Is a non-Muslim allowed to convert to Islam? Yes, right?

a

Moves
12 Oct 06

Never mind about what's the practice in Malaysia. What does it say in the Koran? Is a Muslim person allowed to convert to other religion? No, right? Is a non-Muslim allowed to convert to Islam? Yes, right?
If Islam is truth , why do you want to leave it.

If you belive that it is the message of GOD, why need to switch.

But why do you care about this point now. You are not a Muslim why do you care about that.

What is so important to you at this stage is it the message of GOD or not. If you belive it is then you will be a Muslim and you will have no problem.

If you don't accept it then also no problem.

The answer of your question is yes, but what different does it make to you as a non muslim searching for the truth.

a

Moves
12 Oct 06

So what are you saying? Is a muslim woman allowed to divorce her husband according to Islamic law? What are the requirements, if any?
Yes a woman in Islam can get divorce.

There is regulation to control that. She don't need to Claim that her husband is sheating on her to get divorce.

But the Austaz as you said didn't refuse her requist because she is a women want divorce. But because she is a woman that claims that someone is having sex illegaly. There is a big different.

a

Moves
12 Oct 06

In Islam there are two ways to end marriage.

1. Divorce

Divorce is the right of the Man because he is the head of the family. But islam give the woman the write to Ask for this right too. If they agree on that so it is written in their wedding cirtificate and then she can divorce herself.

But if she don't have the right of divorce (and it is the common case) she still can get divorce if her husband is sick, away for a long time, don't work or don't have enough money to take care of her and her kits, or he treat her badly.

2. The other wat to end marriage is called Khul3

In this way there is no a specific reason for the woman except that she don't want to continue marraige. In this case the woman request Khul3 and the Judge ask her husband if he accept it. In this case the has to return to her husban the money he paid to her for marriage (Mahr). The judge could force the husband to accept that too.

What I said is the requilation if divorce is a must, but Islam also put regulation before the case reach divorce. Islam tell us that if there is a problem between husband and wife they should try to fix it first, consalt with their families, and ask help if needed. Islam ask a men to take care of their wifes and not take their money if they have some. In Islam the Man is responsible for his wife and she is like a queen in her house not required to any work except to take care of her family. Islam give the woman the right to learn , and work. To have her own money away from her husband.

As you said Islam ask the woman to not refuse to have sex if her husband ask her. But Islam also ask the Man to take care of his wife and to respect her fealing. Taking one part and ignore the other is unfair.

But as you can see there is a detailed rules for every thing in the human life. You will not find that system in any other religon.

That is the Islamic Law.

Moves
12 Oct 06

Why is it that Greek, Roman, and Jewish historians say that Jesus died, but the Koran says he didn't die?

Cape Town

Moves
12 Oct 06

Originally posted by dj2becker
Why is it that Greek, Roman, and Jewish historians say that Jesus died, but the Koran says he didn't die?
Please list these Greek, Roman, and Jewish historians as the only sources I have ever heard of were those reporting directly on Christians beliefs not on independant information.

a

Moves
12 Oct 06
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
Please list these Greek, Roman, and Jewish historians as the only sources I have ever heard of were those reporting directly on Christians beliefs not on independant information.
That is a good point, Juses only exist in the Bible. No historical book say anything about him, give me names.

a

Moves
12 Oct 06

Originally posted by dj2becker
Don't you belive that he is still alife

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
12 Oct 06

There is a big difference between disagree in opinions and insulting people.

Other people disagree with muslims that is a fact. But when other people come to insult muslims' values that is another story.

Give an example that doesn't include insulting. If you have no problem to insult your GOD but muslims are not.

you already disagree with muslims, ...[text shortened]... hed from God.

But will you let muslims do that. Will you accept the truth if you find it.
I haven't read the entire thread, but this post pretty well sums up why Muslims have a hard time assimilating into the world at large. Did it ever occur to you that it is none of your business if others want to be Muslims or not? It is NOT for everyone anymore than Christianity is for everyone.

This kind of "convert or else" thinking is why I tend to think that Islam is incompatible with democracy.

a

Moves
12 Oct 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
I haven't read the entire thread, but this post pretty well sums up why Muslims have a hard time assimilating into the world at large. Did it ever occur to you that it is none of your business if others want to be Muslims or not? It is NOT for everyone anymore than Christianity is for everyone.

This kind of "convert or else" thinking is why I tend to think that Islam is incompatible with democracy.
First of all I will ask you to read the thread because I said a lot of things about this stuff. Islam doesn't force you to be a muslim. But we are asked to ask you to be a muslim. Tell me what is wrong with that. Why do you think only Christianity has this right.

w

Moves
12 Oct 06

Originally posted by kirksey957

And this is why democracy is incompatible with Islam and why they demand theocracies to reign over them. It is the only solution.

a

Moves
12 Oct 06

Originally posted by whodey
And this is why democracy is incompatible with Islam and why they demand theocracies to reign over them. It is the only solution.
I don't understand you actually.

What is the relation between democracy and what we are talking about.

If you are talking about democracy Christianity is far from that. The history of Christianity is a far from democracy and freedom. How many people died by the name of the Church in the history of Christinity and GOD.

It will be very unfair to make claims and belive it then based on that you make your actions.

But Islam is a complete system. You don't know it or even read a bit about it.

But let me ask what do you mean by democracy. If you mean to be free, to do what you want. That is not freedom, that is simply a mess.

If you talk about choosing your leaders. I can argue with you that this is far from democracy as yo name it.

What democracy you mean and what in Islam prevent you from practicing it. If you know let me know. If not go find it and let me know.