1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 08:31
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    So then you disagree with Brian Eno's quote?
    Yes, in so far as it might have applied to me 15, 20, 30 years ago.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 08:57
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Yes, in so far as it might have applied to me 15, 20, 30 years ago.
    So based upon your experience the quote is false?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 08:59
    So based upon your experience the quote is false?
    Based on my experience, and some of the people I've met on my travels, Brian Eno's perspective may well be bang on the nose for many religionists.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 09:03
    Based on my experience, and some of the people I've met on my travels, Brian Eno's perspective may well be bang on the nose for many religionists.
    Based upon your own religious experiences it is false.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 09:06
    Based upon your own religious experiences it is false.
    You asked me if I disagree with Brian Eno's quote in so far as it pertains to me. And I answered immediately and point blank. Did you not read it? Why are you asking me about it again ...as if you didn't read my answer?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 09:16
    You asked me if I disagree with Brian Eno's quote in so far as it pertains to me. And I answered immediately and point blank. Did you not read it? Why are you asking me about it again ...as if you didn't read my answer?
    You seemed to make two contradictory statements. Based upon your religious experience his statement is false but based upon your experience and travels it's true? 🙄
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 09:19
    You seemed to make two contradictory statements. Based upon your religious experience his statement is false but based upon your experience and travels it's true? 🙄
    There is nothing contradictory about my statements. Read them. They are both true.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 09:24
    There is nothing contradictory about my statements. Read them. They are both true.
    My statement, "Based upon your own personal religious experiences his statement is false." is also true.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 09:28
    My statement, "Based upon your own personal religious experiences his statement is false." is also true.
    If you are confused by the two separate things I said, and if you think they contradict each other, just go and read them carefully again. There is no contradiction.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 09:37
    If you are confused by the two separate things I said, and if you think they contradict each other, just go and read them carefully again. There is no contradiction.
    There is no confusion on my side.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 09:39
    There is no confusion on my side.
    Twenty minutes ago you said "You seemed to make two contradictory statements." Clearly, you are - or were - confused.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 09:45
    Twenty minutes ago you said "You seemed to make two contradictory statements." Clearly, you are - or were - confused.
    Well there is no contradiction in the fact that religion didn't really liberate you yet somehow you still believe that it does. 🙄
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 09:55
    Well there is no contradiction in the fact that religion didn't really liberate you yet somehow you still believe that it does. 🙄
    Huh? I "somehow ... still believe that" religion liberated me? Where did you get that from? Why can't you just read and address the words I post?
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 09:59
    Huh? I [b]"somehow ... still believe that" religion liberated me? Where did you get that from? Why can't you just read and address the words I post?[/b]
    I did not say ...liberated you.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 10:09
    I did not say ...liberated you.
    So your clumsy question was based on the premise that, if religious beliefs have a 'liberating' effect on some religious people, then those beliefs would have the same 'liberating' effect of everybody with religious beliefs? Is that it? That seems a bit daft. Try engaging in a normal conversation instead of trying so hard to be contrary for the sake of it all the time. There was no contradiction between the two things I said.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree