1. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    29 Dec '11 23:563 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    APPARENTLY, I am not as stupid as some who will accept this kind of
    so-called refutation. I did not refute it because it makes no sense
    and it does not refute anything than requires me to refute. Crazy, huh?
    😏
    My point is that regardless of the strength of the refutation, you accept your original link as 100% proof which cannot possibly be refuted (i.e. that magnetic field strength has been decreasing at a constant proportional rate). Yet there is still vast amounts of evidence in other areas which does prove that this planet and the universe is much more than 6,000 years old (e.g. evidence from radioactive decay, light reaching us from stars which are more than 6,000 light years away, fossil evidence, DNA evidence). A combination of scientific work in biology, nuclear physics, relativity and astrophysics done all the time that you can't even carry out if all of this was incorrect.

I can just about accept why many people will believe in old Earth creationism as well as evolution (something I do not agree with, by the way, but that will be digressing), but belief in young Earth creationism is completely beyond comprehension.

EDIT: It is also certainly possible to work out what the magnetic field strength was at certain points in history. Are you suggesting you cannot work out how old a tree is by just chopping it down? Even if you weren't around hundreds of years ago to be able to plant it?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 00:04
    Originally posted by lausey
    My point is that regardless of the strength of the refutation, you accept your original link as 100% proof which cannot possibly be refuted (i.e. that magnetic field strength has been decreasing at a constant proportional rate). Yet there is still vast amounts of evidence in other areas which does prove that this planet and the universe is much more than 6,00 ...[text shortened]... ust chopping it down? Even if you weren't around hundreds of years ago to be able to plant it?
    If the tree was created by God as a mature tree, Adam would not be
    able to tell how old it was by any method we have today. If it was
    planted from a seed, he could get a much better idea how old it is.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 00:08
    APPARENTLY, I am not as stupid as some who will accept this kind of
    so-called refutation. I did not refute it because it makes no sense
    and it does not refute anything than requires me to refute. Crazy, huh?
    Declaring that "it makes no sense" to you does not constitute evidence, proof or a refutation of anything.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 00:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    Declaring that "it makes no sense" to you does not constitute evidence, proof or a refutation of anything.
    Okay, have it your way, BURGER KING. 😀
  5. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 01:36
    From the Laws on Magnetism and Thermodynamics:

The Decay of the Earth's Magnetic Field as Evidence of a Young Earth

The known decay in the earth's magnetic field and the inexorable depletion
    of its energy clearly point to an imminent and inevitable end of the earth's
    magnetic field. A Department of Commerce publication lists evaluations of
    the stre ...[text shortened]... Earth's Magnetic Field, Impact No. 100
    Institute for Creation Research, 1981.)
    i'm sorry, dear boy. you'll need to read further than the introduction of the physics book in order to understand physics.
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 01:42
    Is anyone actually stupid enough to believe someone measured the strength of
    earth's magnetic field 6,500 years ago. It must have been one of Adam and
    Eve's grandsons. This is all to stupid to make a good joke.
    heheh. add geology to another one of the sciences that you have absolutely no clue about.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 04:33
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    heheh. add geology to another one of the sciences that you have absolutely no clue about.
    Right, I have never even picked up a geology book and don't care to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree