Does Hell seem over the top ?

Does Hell seem over the top ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
21 Apr 05
1 edit

F

Moves
21 Apr 05

I'm going to try and keep this short. No doubts what I say will be inflammatory to some, pointless to others and perhaps, as I hope, give some people, something to think and chill the hell out.

We've been around for many years as a species. No more than a blink of an eye in terms of the history of the planet - we could loose a few of the Christians here, what a debate about dinosaurs I once had...guy told me dragons are mentioned the bible so that’s that whole debate nicely taken care of. Now before your stub your fingers in religious retribution let me say this - I ain't dissing Christianity. I'm dissing every organised religion I can find. And guess what, I strongly believe in God. Kid you not, I am a true believer. Now this isn't me trying to sell you what I believe in, all I want to say is this:

More harm and hurt has been caused by religion than any other cause. "But that’s not me or my good Vicar's fault!" I hear you cry. No, your right, it's not yours or his, but collectively you subscribe to an organised religion that give some people the "right" in their minds to blow themselves up and take others with them, or kill doctor who perform abortion because "it's God's will". Not bloody likely. You reckon God wants to see us causing so much pain to so many? I don’t.

What I'd love to see is everyone minding their own damn business, believing in their own God, whoever he/she/it may be (I mean you really reckon God has a gender??) and leaving me the hell alone. I am not a saint...I sin lots, but I dont harm other people.

My dissatisfaction with religion stems from 3 points:
1) There are so many religions - so all but yours are wrong huh?
2) Many are born into religion, brought up by beliefs they know no different from - they going to hell coz they never knew god is actually Jewish...again, me thinks not. Again I ain’t targeting any Jews, calm down.
3) Most religious standards - what you live your life to were developed my man...specifically men but my point is more than mere gender - no religion I know of is in the hand of god - knowledge was written down by prophets or saints or whoever. Does it really take a leap of imagination to think that somewhere, perhaps in translation or an inflated ego, a word/sentence/paragraphs wasn't changed along the way, thereby changing the true intention of what God meant? Personally I don’t believe a word - how can I BELIEVE it when it's something I don’t KNOW to be true..

Ah yes - I can’t KNOW that God exists.
But that bit - that’s my bit, that’s where I make the choice - my belief - I know what I feel, not what someone else says I should, I try and listen to the options and the choices that I'm faced with and react in a way that my morals and what I imagine would please God, if I were to know his preference, would like me to do.

Apologies if I have offended you, it's not my goal. Please contradict what I have said if you can, but don’t do it by trying to convert me to your way as being the right way. I cant. I don’t see checkmate other than for the atheists amongst you - whom funnily, I feel both sorry for and a little envious of.

Peace.

b

Moves
21 Apr 05

Originally posted by menace71
Ok now I know you are not just a robot. I think you showed Christ more in that. Thanks for sharing I'm sure you will get your share of ridicule but at least we know your not just a robot. I will try to be brief but I became a Christian when I was 18 years old.I still made alot of mistakes after becoming a Christian. I attended church regularly had some goo ...[text shortened]... t for the sake of questioning is dumb but to question to find truth that is good. Manny
What are you questioning, yourself or GOD. The Holy Spirit is renewed in us every day. All the truth that we must find, is found in THE WORD OF GOD. There are many that go to church that will not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. Not to say that you are one. CHRIST gave us instructions on how to deal with how you feel. Even Paul had problems, but did not GOD say "that HIS Grace, was sufficient". Are we not not to follow CHRIST, are we not supposed carry our cross. Even CHRIST had His moment of doubt/concern. But where did HE turn? To GOD, to GOD and HIS WORD. Go to THE WORD OF GOD for the answers that you seek. The answers are there.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
21 Apr 05

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
21 Apr 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
What are you questioning, yourself or GOD. The Holy Spirit is renewed in us every day. All the truth that we must find, is found in THE WORD OF GOD. There are many that go to church that will not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. Not to say that you are one. CHRIST gave us instructions on how to deal with how you feel. Even Paul had problems, but did n ...[text shortened]... to GOD and HIS WORD. Go to THE WORD OF GOD for the answers that you seek. The answers are there.
I'm questioning my beliefs. ok blindfaith is there truth outside the bible?? I mean perhaps your right that I might find comfort in the words of the bible but I don't think that God can be boxed in by the Bible. oh what was this post about oh yeah Hell man how we can get off track. LOL 🙂 sorry everyone Manny

b

Moves
21 Apr 05

Originally posted by sasquatch672
[b]I think back to those days, and how GOD has allowed me to warn others not to do what I did.

What makes you think that everybody would walk down the same road you did?

It has been a long hard battle to get to where GOD has allowed me to come.

I was going to make a smartass remark here, but I'm going to let it go for the benefit of ...[text shortened]... (Sorry if that's a bit corny, everybody, but God knows what I meant.) Be well.

--Bigfoot [/b]
I traveled a road of sin. A road that others have traveled, and not survived. I am a sinner just like all men, and all men have traveled that road of sin. The road of sin is the life of every unsaved man on this planet. I neither care or am concerned what other say or feel about me. It is not about me. It is about The message of Salvation, that JESUS CHRIST offers. And every believers has their own personal struggles. You as well whether you are saved or not. What ever GOD mean to you, GOD means something to me. I cannot or will not debate the power of GOD in my life. I know that GOD is real. I know that the Saving Power of JESUS CHRIST is real. Which all of mankind has to accept or reject.
Which have you done, have you acceptted or rejected CHRIST? Are you saved? Are you living according to the teachings of JESUS CHRIST? Are you reading the BIBLE? If so, are you reading it from the "perspective" do you read it. If you are not saved, GOD will not answer your prayers. As it says in the WORD. But HE has answered mine, regardless of what you or others think of me. The message is still the same.
If you donot accept the saving power of JESUS CHRIST, you are going to everlasting punishment.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
21 Apr 05

Originally posted by buckky
Does the concept of Hell seem a little bit too strong of a punishment for the average Joe that just did not see the need in getting Saved ? Maybe the average Joe was a Jew. Maybe a Buddist. Maybe a Hindhu. Maybe a Muslem. It's amazing how the Christian idea of Hell has not been put into the trash can of time a long time ago. What a screwball concept it is. W ...[text shortened]... ay the idea of a Devil also seems wacked out. Christianity needs to wake up to rational thought.
Well an all good God needs to be just. He doesn't want to be around sin, so the unsaved will be seperated from him.

People use pride in not wanting to be saved and think that they can get to heaven on there own with out Jesus.

b

Moves
21 Apr 05

Originally posted by FelixMc
I'm going to try and keep this short. No doubts what I say will be inflammatory to some, pointless to others and perhaps, as I hope, give some people, something to think and chill the hell out.

We've been around for many years as a species. No more than a blink of an eye in terms of the history of the planet - we could loose a few of the Christians he ...[text shortened]... he atheists amongst you - whom funnily, I feel both sorry for and a little envious of.

Peace.
You have chosen your road. If you ever have had a chance to accept the Salvation that freely given by JESUS CHRIST. And you reject HIM than you are headed for everlasting punishment. If you have ever read HIS words and teachings the punishment will be worst. Repent, Repent and accept the teachings and Saving Power of JESUS CHRIST.

b

Moves
21 Apr 05

Originally posted by menace71
I'm questioning my beliefs. ok blindfaith is there truth outside the bible?? I mean perhaps your right that I might find comfort in the words of the bible but I don't think that God can be boxed in by the Bible. oh what was this post about oh yeah Hell man how we can get off track. LOL 🙂 sorry everyone Manny
GOD is not in a box. GOD is everywhere, HIS truth is everywhere. But when you stay in HIS WORD you will find out more about HIM.

e

Moves
21 Apr 05

GOD is not in a box. GOD is everywhere, HIS truth is everywhere.
I can't speak for him but I think he meant that people tend to compartmentalize their perceptions of God.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
21 Apr 05

Well since you donot believe in GOD, you should have no complaints.To you GOD is not real. So be it. Noone can force into believing.Noone can convince you, since you wish not to be convinced. But since you feel there is no GOD, why discuss Him. Are you searching for a way to believe? GOD is not cruel or uncaring, it's just your disputed view of HIM.
When I complain about God, it is similiar to when you complain about Allah or any other "false idols." You don't believe in them. In fact, I suspect that you believe that these false gods are lies made up by Satan to deceive the world. You can still take issue with the religions without believing that the idols upon which they rest are true.

That is what I am doing with your god. Having lived in the xtian faith for many years, I am familiar with the mythology. Now I am pointing out the inconsistencies and moral dilemmas that I see in your beliefs. This one happens to specifically be in regards to Hell and the righteousness of your idol.

Oh yes, and I discuss him because you brought it up. You are preaching, and I critiquing.

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
21 Apr 05

I traveled a road of sin. A road that others have traveled, and not survived. I am a sinner just like all men, and all men have traveled that road of sin. The road of sin is the life of every unsaved man on this planet. I neither care or am concerned what other say or feel about me. It is not about me. It is about The message of Salvation, that JESUS ...[text shortened]...
If you donot accept the saving power of JESUS CHRIST, you are going to everlasting punishment.
Ok, so you have taken a look at all the options and decided that posting endlessly about how everyone that has not jumped through the right hoops is going to hell. You have decided that instead of being loving and compassionate you should embrace the negative aspects of your faith and threaten everyone with hell (or should I say HELL?).

Why not encourage everyone to experience God by telling them about the love Christ has for us? Threatening people with HELL is not exactly the best course of action if you want people to listen to you. There are plenty of positive and encouraging things in the Bible that you could talk about.

As one of God's followers, don't you think it is important to portray God in the best light possible? Do you really think Jesus would use the same approach you do if he were using a chess website to convert the heathens? I think not.

TheSkipper

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
21 Apr 05

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
21 Apr 05
1 edit

Originally posted by TheSkipper
Why not encourage everyone to experience God by telling them about the love Christ has for us? Threatening people with HELL is not exactly the best course of action if you want people to listen to you. There are plenty of positive and ...[text shortened]... chess website to convert the heathens? I think not.

TheSkipper
So we should paint a pretty picture, sucker them in, then once they are hooked - give them the rest of the story.

Christ called a spade a spade. He did not soft petal his message.

I tend to agree with full disclosure. Don't mislead people - we're not selling cars - we're not selling anything - just spreading the truth.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
21 Apr 05

Originally posted by sasquatch672
....By the way - does God give you extra credit for typing his name in all caps?
It's like how some people feel it is better the stand up in church when reading the scriptures. It's a matter of showing respect.