Does one need to believe in Jesus for salvation.

Does one need to believe in Jesus for salvation.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
10 Jul 20

I say no. Thoughts?

Moves
10 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
I say no. Thoughts?
Hmmmm. What do you believe IS needed for salvation?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
10 Jul 20
3 edits

@dj2becker said
Hmmmm. What do you believe IS needed for salvation?
To believe in God, and diligently seek Him out for a relationship. That is all. Jesus already paid after that, even if one does not believe in Him. Praise Jesus! πŸ™‚

Moves
10 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
To believe in God, and diligently seek Him out for a relationship. That is all. Jesus already paid after that.
So when you say that you need to believe in God but not in Jesus do you mean to say the two are mutually exclusive? As is you don’t believe in the deity of Christ?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
10 Jul 20
4 edits

@dj2becker said
So when you say that you need to believe in God but not in Jesus do you mean to say the two are mutually exclusive? As is you don’t believe in the deity of Christ?
There are no scriptures that say one must believe in Christ, or accept Christ as their savior for salvation; none.
I fully believe, and know, the deity of Christ. He is Lord and Savior of the World.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
10 Jul 20
1 edit

Not if you don’t believe you need saving.

*Actually, I’m down with Jesus and I’m crazy about his mother. I just don’t think they need to save me...I ain’t drownin’

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
10 Jul 20
1 edit

@hakima said
Not if you don’t believe you need saving.
Please explain further; and thank you for the response.
Edit: I read your edit, and thank you.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
10 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
Please explain further; and thank you for the response.
Sorry, I edited while you reposted.

I’m an atheist who really likes Sunday School.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
10 Jul 20
1 edit

@hakima said
Sorry, I edited while you reposted.

I’m an atheist who really likes Sunday School.
Awesome. πŸ™‚ Can you go further on the Sunday school comment? It's interesting.

F

Moves
10 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
I say no. Thoughts?
I'll give this OP a thumbs up.

Moves
10 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
There are no scriptures that say one must believe in Christ, or accept Christ as their savior for salvation; none.
I fully believe, and know, the deity of Christ. He is Lord and Savior of the World.
What is your take on Acts 16:31?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
10 Jul 20
3 edits

@dj2becker said
What is your take on Acts 16:31?
I never said one good not be saved if they believed in Jesus. It is not a requirement for salvation. Good scripture tho.
[Hebrews 11:6 NKJV] 6 "But without faith [it is] impossible to please [Him], for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and [that] He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."

for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and [that] He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."
This is ALL that is required: Jesus paid from here on out.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
10 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
Awesome. πŸ™‚ Can you go further on the Sunday school comment? It's interesting.
I like stories and people. Sunday School is full of them...and synagogues and temples and mosques and bars and this chess site.

I suppose I am drawn to expressive humans and am fascinated by the ways we represent life’s meaning including reflective rituals.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
10 Jul 20
2 edits

@hakima said
I like stories and people. Sunday School is full of them...and synagogues and temples and mosques and bars and this chess site.

I suppose I am drawn to expressive humans and am fascinated by the ways we represent life’s meaning including reflective rituals.
Awesome. Please drop by often; there's plenty of expressive humans on the subject of spirituality in here. I'm certain you won't get bored.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
To believe in God, and diligently seek Him out for a relationship. That is all.
Who is your God?