Don't look at me

Don't look at me

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
30 Oct 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
The evidence in the Bible is clear: the wine Jesus made at the wedding feast was superior. I imagine this superiority refers to the balance and harmony of the flavors that lead to wine's complexity.

Aging wine affects this harmony and balance. Wines can be aged too long or not long enough for their optimal flavor, and every wine is different as to its op ...[text shortened]... dfaith101 might not be wrong about the alcohol content, but he is wrong about the cause (aging).
Wulebgr: " The evidence in the Bible is clear: the wine Jesus made at the wedding feast was superior. I imagine this superiority refers to the balance and harmony of the flavors that lead to wine's complexity.

It's getting sadder and sadder .......

I wonder what is more sad ? RBHill's claim that the whine Jesus "produced" was without alcohol or your "scientific" evaluation of the Biblical facts.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
30 Oct 05
1 edit

Originally posted by kirksey957
RB, are you telling me that you've murdered someone? I believe that if you will just come out and say that people will leave you the hell alone. I'd like to hear more about this. Did you hold up a convenience store? I was thinkin that only brothaz like me did that.
Having "fun" again, reverend ?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
30 Oct 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe
Wulebgr: " The evidence in the Bible is clear: the wine Jesus made at the wedding feast was superior. I imagine this superiority refers to the balance and harmony of the flavors that lead to wine's complexity.

It's getting sadder and sadder .......

I wonder what is more sad ? RBHill's claim that the whine Jesus "produced" was without alcohol or your "scientific" evaluation of the Biblical facts.
What's the theological position of the RCC on the alcohol content of Jesus wine? At communion in the US, the Church uses alcoholic wine although I believe it is normally watered down somewhat. The Vatican doesn't have a problem with alcohol in moderation, does it?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
30 Oct 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Nemesio
You're the one who says that your mother will burn in hell for all eternity because
she is a filthy Catholic.

And I'm sorry you consider my correcting your gross errors about the Bible's content
'rude.' A person who was close to Christ would accept rebuke on God's Word with
gratitude, not rudeness.

Nemesio
Gratitude ...... hmmmm ...... we'll have to wait and see .... in your case.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
30 Oct 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
What's the theological position of the RCC on the alcohol content of Jesus wine? At communion in the US, the Church uses alcoholic wine although I believe it is normally watered down somewhat. The Vatican doesn't have a problem with alcohol in moderation, does it?
Biblical whines contained, as far as I know, alcohol.
The whine used in the Eucharist contains alcohol. About the same as port and sherry, about 18 %. The alcohol percentage may vary though.

The taste is superb, it resembles a dessert-wine, nice and sweet .... at least the one I drank.

Marauder: "The Vatican doesn't have a problem with alcohol in moderation, does it?

Roman-Catholic teaching doesn't have a problem with moderate alcohol use .... with the explicite emphasis on "moderate".

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
30 Oct 05
1 edit

Biblical whines contained, as far as I know, alcohol.
The whine used in the Eucharist contains alcohol. About the same as port and sherry, about 18 %. The alcohol percentage may vary though.

The taste is superb, it resembles a dessert-wine, nice and sweet .... at least the one I drank.

[b]Marauder: "The Vatican doesn't have a problem with alcohol ...[text shortened]... t have a problem with moderate alcohol use .... with the explicite emphasis on "moderate".
[/b]
So, you deny RBHILL's claim that the communion wine served in Catholic churches is stale grape juice?

e

Moves
30 Oct 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
So, you deny RBHILL's claim that the communion wine served in Catholic churches is stale grape juice?
The Catholic churches in my area offer both grape juice and wine (with alcoholic content) so that those who abstain from alcohol or wish their children to not be exposed to the drug can have an alternative while still participating in communion. I know that this is true for the three Catholic churches with which I have experience in my county.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Oct 05

There is nothing wrong with alcohol as far as I know. If it is used in moderation there is no problem. Of course there is the occasional preacher who uses it for "medicinal" purposes.😉

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
30 Oct 05

Originally posted by echecero
The Catholic churches in my area offer both grape juice and wine (with alcoholic content) so that those who abstain from alcohol or wish their children to not be exposed to the drug can have an alternative while still participating in communion. I know that this is true for the three Catholic churches with which I have experience in my county.
I believe this is true in my area as well.

Thank you, Ivanhoe for your answer.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
31 Oct 05

I believe this is true in my area as well.

Thank you, Ivanhoe for your answer.
You're welcome.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
31 Oct 05

Originally posted by Nemesio
And you have murdered the Bible by repeatedly lying about its
contents even after being repeatedly reprimanded.

It is this utter lack of contrition that convinces me that you ain't
got Jesus. Some who's got Jesus strives for correctness in God's
Word. You don't.

Nemesio
Stop your nonsense.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
31 Oct 05

Originally posted by kirksey957
Ivanhoe, I read today that the Dutch courts have ruled that witches in the Netherlands can deduct the costs of their education as an expense. Have you heard of this?
Stop pretending you're black, reverend.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
31 Oct 05

Stop pretending you're black, reverend.
Why do you think Reverend Kirk isn't really black?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
31 Oct 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Why do you think Reverend Kirk isn't really black?
Because he isn't.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
31 Oct 05
1 edit

Because he isn't.
Guess what. I started learning Dutch last night. I may start responding to you in Dutch to practice, once I get some more vocabulary under my belt.