Moves
    30 Jun '11 04:45
    What is the significance of dreams?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '11 08:421 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    are they not attempts by the mind to make sense of the events in our lives?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jun '11 11:04
    According to the Bible its one way by which God communicates with people. As for the significance I guess you will need an interpreter .. 🙂
  4. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    30 Jun '11 11:14
    The release of stress.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jun '11 12:21
    Originally posted by buckky
    The release of stress.
    This is a spirituality forum so I dont think he was referring to your wet dreams.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '11 15:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    are they not attempts by the mind to make sense of the events in our lives?
    I wonder if having a person from your past, who has passed away, appear in a dream, is one of the reasons that early humans came to believe that we live on after death. Visitations from the spirit world, etc.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Jun '11 16:07
    Hebrews 1, for one.
  8. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    30 Jun '11 16:42
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    This is a spirituality forum so I dont think he was referring to your wet dreams.
    Are you sure ?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '11 19:391 edit
    I wonder if having a person from your past, who has passed away, appear in a dream, is one of the reasons that early humans came to believe that we live on after death. Visitations from the spirit world, etc.
    its possible although there are many other possibilities as well, for example the cycles of nature which people would have observed, with its seasons of figurative death and rebirth. I know from personal experience that anxiety can be manifested through dreams, like we are being chased and cannot move, or that we are conscious of dreaming, yet we are paralysed and cannot move a muscle. Somewhere in the vast library of the subconscious these details are being stored and sorted, attempts made to come to terms with them, or failure to come to terms with them, may be manifest through dreams.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Jun '11 21:04
    Dreams are very significant for the individual as they reflect his/her dharma.
    Water in dreams has been accosiated with emotions and fire is cleansing and on it goes...
    Ever been in a dream where you think you keep waking up but you just wake up into another dream?

There is also flying ,falling ,levitating, dissappearing and a whole host of other types of dreams that do not match the "stressed mind dream" model.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '11 21:17
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Hebrews 1, for one.
    That's sort of my point. I think dreams play a significant role in the development of spiritual beliefs.
  12. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 08:25
    Dreams are significant and there seems to be a variety of dreams too; and are related to the types of sleep, such as REM (Rapid Eye Movement with eyelids closed when th subject is asleep) sleep and NREM (Non-Rapid Eye Movement). The more vivid dreams occur during REM and the ordinary dreams during NREM sleep.

Some types of dreams are listed below...
    1) Dreams arising out of the stress / busyness / events of the day
    2) Dreams that are just simple, silly dreams with no meaning at all
    3) Dreams/Visions of the future usually with symbols, animals
    4) Dreams of long past events, deaths of loved ones, parents ect.
    5) Dreams of terror - Nightmares & Recurring dreams.
    6) Day Dreams

The recalling of dreams seems to have some therapeutic effect if not the the capacity to clear out the junk from our sub-conscious (sp?) and inspire us to new and greater things/ideas.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 08:28
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Dreams are very significant for the individual as they reflect his/her dharma.
    Water in dreams has been accosiated with emotions and fire is cleansing and on it goes...
    Ever been in a dream where you think you keep waking up but you just wake up into another dream?

There is also flying ,falling ,levitating, dissappearing and a whole host of other types of dreams that do not match the "stressed mind dream" model.

how do you know these are not attempts of the mind to make sense of some event or emotion?
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 14:29
    That's sort of my point. I think dreams play a significant role in the development of spiritual beliefs.
    When you read the first part of Hebrews, you'll find that at an earlier time in history, God used dreams (among other formats) to get His message to man. It goes on to say that now (at the time of writing) He has spoken to us through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. We find that message in the written word of God, the Bible. Thus, dreams and prophecy (for the time being) have been supplanted by the word of God, which has become the focal point of our development.
  15. St. Peter's
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 14:30
    I dream of Jeannie

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree