1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 10:02
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"Clearly you have no idea who I am or what it is that I do."

What does it matter? We're all the same. We get up each day with the sun in our eye, a bladder full, and we put our pants on one leg at a time.[/b]
    One leg at a time?

Not me dude. I've mastered the double jump technique.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 10:08
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    All religions are exclusive. Every religion has its starting points and its deductions, and those starting points exclude. For example, Hinduism has two non-negotiable beliefs: karma and reincarnation. No Hindu will trade these away.
    Of course a Hindu wouldn't 'trade away' their belief in reincarnation. Just as a Christian wouldn't trade away their belief in the resurrection. - What thread have you been following?

What is wrong in looking for similarities across different religions, rather than focusing on the obvious differences?
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 12:14
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Not sure why you feel the need to do that, get caught up in semantics and looking for contradictions, rather than simply giving your opinion to the idea that 'reaping what you sow' (or karma) is common across most religions.

I get that you don't like the expression 'pay the price' so move on dude. Clearly my intent was in line with karma, and that ...[text shortened]... you never linked to that part of my post).

The confusion, and obfuscation, is all yours sir.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 12:381 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 12:392 edits
    Not sure why you feel the need to do that, get caught up in semantics and looking for contradictions, rather than simply giving your opinion to the idea that 'reaping what you sow' (or karma) is common across most religions.

I get that you don't like the expression 'pay the price' so move on dude. Clearly my intent was in line with karma, and that ...[text shortened]... you never linked to that part of my post).

The confusion, and obfuscation, is all yours sir.
    Whenever GoaD makes an idiotic claim (which is often), he just makes more in an effort to make up for it. It what he's done ever since he started posting on this forum and is part of his trolling technique.

Not sure why you feel the need to do that, get caught up in semantics and looking for contradictions rather than simply giving your opinion to the idea that 'reaping what you sow' (or karma) is common across most religions.

GoaD knows full well that I have given my opinion to his "idea" which is that it is "poorly thought out".

GoaD knows full well that the fact that there are contradictions in what he's been writing is an indication that his "idea" was "poorly thought out".

I get that you don't like the expression 'pay the price' so move on dude.

GoaD knows full well that the problem is with his idiotic and contradictory claims - not that I simply "don't like the expression 'pay the price."

Clearly my intent was in line with karma, and that bad actions have consequences for which we 'pay the price'. (NOT clear the debt).

Goad know full well that earlier he made claim that "[he] said 'has paid the price' rather than 'is paying the price' as I was under the impression that the whole 'Jesus dying for our sins' thing had repaid that particular debt" which contradicts this latest idiotic claim.

Of course it could be that GoaD isn't trolling at all and simply lacks the wherewithal to keep from making idiotic and contradictory claims. More's the pity.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 13:01
    Whenever GoaD makes an idiotic claim (which is often), he just makes more in an effort to make up for it. It what he's done ever since he started posting on this forum and is part of his trolling technique.

[b]Not sure why you feel the need to do that, get caught up in semantics and looking for contradictions rather than simply giving your opinion to t ...[text shortened]... ply lacks the wherewithal to keep from making idiotic and contradictory claims. More's the pity.
    My OP stated:

' Does the modern Christian not believe that mankind has paid the price for the original 'bad karma' and that they were saved as a result of the 'good karma' of Jesus and his atonement?'

The above clearly shows that by 'paid the price' I meant 'had to reap what was sown' and that any saving or 'debt repayment' was done by Jesus through atonement.

Yes, like many expressions, 'paid the price' has more than one meaning and could mean both 'got your comeuppance' and 'settled the bill' etc. However it is quite clear what meaning I meant in my OP, especially as I immediately clarified that man was 'saved as a result of the 'good karma' of Jesus.'

Why you have chosen to misunderstand that distinction, and why you find that more interesting that the topic at hand is beyond me.

Karma is 'paying the price' for our bad (or good) actions, 'reaping what was sown.' If you honestly don't get that (or have an opinion on that) your posts are just an irritation and if anyone is trolling it's you. (My thread dude).
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 13:05
    My OP stated:

' Does the modern Christian not believe that mankind has paid the price for the original 'bad karma' and that they were saved as a result of the 'good karma' of Jesus and his atonement?'

The above clearly shows that by 'paid the price' I meant 'had to reap what was sown' and that any saving or 'debt repayment' was done by Jesus ...[text shortened]... on that) your posts are just an irritation and if anyone is trolling it's you. (My thread dude).
    And more of the same from GoaD.

Of course it could be that GoaD isn't trolling at all and simply lacks the wherewithal to keep from making idiotic and contradictory claims. More's the pity.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 13:08

My OP is there for all to read. No contradiction.

Your unpleasant character is also there for all to see, and if karma is real dude, you're coming back as a wasp.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 13:101 edit

Your unpleasant character is also there for all to see, and if karma is real dude, you're coming back as a wasp.

10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 13:141 edit

Spamming this thread is just an example of your troll like behaviour.

I created this thread out of a genuine interest to discuss karma and how it related to other religions. Clearly you have no interest in discussing the topic (another example of your troll like behaviour) so just go somewhere else to vent your spleen. (Please make it Jupiter).
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 13:18
    One leg at a time?

Not me dude. I've mastered the double jump technique.
    Ya, I hear that. Some days I just don't wear pants. 😉
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 13:21

Trolling again. Doesn't take you long to diverge from the topic and start your character assassinations does it?
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 13:25
    Originally posted by josephw
    Ya, I hear that. Some days I just don't wear pants. 😉
    🙂 Hey, my humour is finally rubbing off on you.

Now Joe, if we were to view karma as synonymous with 'reaping what you sow' (that bad deeds come back to get you) would you be willing to concede a convergence between Hinduism and Christianity when it comes to the concept of being accountable for the good and bad things we do in life? (I'm not asking you to accept reincarnation or give up anything Christian).
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 13:401 edit

"' Does the modern Christian not believe that mankind has paid the price for the original 'bad karma' and that they were saved as a result of the 'good karma' of Jesus and his atonement?' "

Not getting the answer you're looking for Ghost?

"' Does the modern Christian not believe that mankind has paid the price for the original 'bad karma'..."

There are probably two ways of looking at this. One, yes mankind is suffering from the impact of our first parents sin. Two, each individual will be held accountable for his/her own sins.

If you have children, then you know they are going to pick up good and bad habits from you, but when they come of age and do what they know is wrong they pay the consequences.

"...and that they were saved as a result of the 'good karma' of Jesus and his atonement?' "

Only the blood of Jesus can wash away the stain of sin.

Karma, and its attendant definition and meaning, is mystical superstition of which there is no Biblical foundation for, and in the application of Biblical principles in Christian living.

How's that?
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 14:01
    🙂 Hey, my humour is finally rubbing off on you.

Now Joe, if we were to view karma as synonymous with 'reaping what you sow' (that bad deeds come back to get you) would you be willing to concede a convergence between Hinduism and Christianity when it comes to the concept of being accountable for the good and bad things we do in life? (I'm not asking you to accept reincarnation or give up anything Christian).
    That, and I really do have a sense of humor. But it gets bottled up sometimes.

Not sure about the question. As to the idea of a "convergence" between the Biblical principle of reaping and sowing, and the Hindu concept of karma, I'd have to say that while there are apparent similarities they still remain mutually exclusive.

Look at it this way if you will. Life on planet earth, as it is related to human experience with the spiritual, is like a woven rug. And woven into the rug is a thread that is distinct and separated from the other threads because it was placed there by the weaver in such a way that if it were removed the rug would fall apart. If one were to weave one's own life into that rug, then it would be expedient that that the one's life was as closely interwoven with that one distinct and separate thread to ensure absolute assurance of stability and security.

That's how it is with the Biblical narrative. It is that thread that is the foundation for the whole of life. Beware counterfeit threads.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree