San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 00:02
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 00:13
    Will God protect his earth from man's ruining of it?
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 00:32
    Originally posted by galveston75
    God will cause the end of the world
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 02:02
    2 Peter 3:10
    But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

2 Peter 3:12
    Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Looks like God plans on wasting the place.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 09:18
    Originally posted by josephw
    2 Peter 3:10
    But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

2 Peter 3:12
    Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on f ...[text shortened]... d, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Looks like God plans on wasting the place.
    HEY CHRISTIAN DUDES!!! Stop putting a barrier between you and God. Nothing is set in stone,(or scripture), we all have the power to AFEECT the future on this planet on many different levels-tap into it 🙂
  6. England
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 09:41
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    HEY CHRISTIAN DUDES!!! Stop putting a barrier between you and God. Nothing is set in stone,(or scripture), we all have the power to AFEECT the future on this planet on many different levels-tap into it 🙂
    would help tho if we stopped sinning, the law of god is set in stone.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 10:121 edit
    According to the bible, god will destruct it anyway, so why bother?

(...as I've heard fundamental christians reason.)
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 10:50
    In a few billion years our sun will start to expand as it begins to run out of energy, the Earth will be cooked if not enveloped by the sun.

I'd like to see God stop that one.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 10:56
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    In a few billion years our sun will start to expand as it begins to run out of energy, the Earth will be cooked if not enveloped by the sun.

I'd like to see God stop that one.
    Er....um....the Bible says that the earth and the universe will pass away, so you might say it agrees with science.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 11:14
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Not if I can do anything against it.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 11:18
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Not if I can do anything against it.
    Actually I thought that the entire universe would vanish at some point according to science.
  12. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 17:25
    Originally posted by whodey
    Actually I thought that the entire universe would vanish at some point according to science.
    The jury is still out on that one. Science can change, Is the universe expanding until an eventual (lack-of) heat death or will it at some point contract for an (excessive) heat death or will it reach a steady-state. Many ideas - no generally accepted answer. People will keep trying to figure it out.

On the other hand - the planet, demonstrably, will not be able to support life at some point. What can we do to extend that? What are we doing? All human activity now should be focused around preparing for the big-rock. I doubt we will even pass that hurdle 'cause most find squabbling about things they have no actual information or reasons about to be more important (religion, racism, greed.) Who will hold us accountable for the failure to protect the future? (Most better hope there is no accounting.)
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 18:27
    So some scriptures have been quoted that says the "earth and heavens" will pass away. Some say the will be burned. One says he is creating a new heavens and new earth.
    But what about the scriptures that say things such as Ecl 1:4, Ps 78:69, 104:5, 119:90?
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 18:50
    So some scriptures have been quoted that says the "earth and heavens" will pass away. Some say the will be burned. One says he is creating a new heavens and new earth.
    But what about the scriptures that say things such as Ecl 1:4, Ps 78:69, 104:5, 119:90?
    Yes. There are times when one wonders why the Bible says things that makes one think, 'what does this mean'?

Actually, it's not that hard to understand. You have to consider the context first. A point is being made by the way a thing is worded to illustrate something else.

Eccl. 1:4
    One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

Here the comparison is made between the length of a mans life and how long the earth will be around.

Besides, the earth won't cease to exist, it will simply be burned up and made new.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 20:00
    Originally posted by josephw
    Yes. There are times when one wonders why the Bible says things that makes one think, 'what does this mean'?

Actually, it's not that hard to understand. You have to consider the context first. A point is being made by the way a thing is worded to illustrate something else.

Eccl. 1:4
    One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the e ...[text shortened]... nd.

Besides, the earth won't cease to exist, it will simply be burned up and made new.
    But then one could ask..Why does the earth need to be destroyed or even burned if the problem with the way things are with wickedness and such, is not the fault of the planet earth? It is man that's causing the problems as well as the demonic influance of Satan of course...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree