Embarrassment to Christians

Embarrassment to Christians

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
12 Mar 12
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Oh I see LORD RJH. I forgot you are a reader of hearts and you are the JUDGE of all. Please forgive me oh HOLY ONE, our LORD.
Maybe the J stands for Jesus, Ron the real deal Jesus Hinds πŸ™‚

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Mar 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Maybe the J stands for Jesus, Ron the real deal Jesus Hinds πŸ™‚
You know I think we need to be careful here Robbie. He could be the one... He says Jesus will come back to earth and well, he seems to qualify, at least in his imagination. So what do you think we should do?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Mar 12

You know I think we need to be careful here Robbie. He could be the one... He says Jesus will come back to earth and well, he seems to qualify, at least in his imagination. So what do you think we should do?
So what do you think we should do?

Crucify him, i'm off to fetch my hammer.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Mar 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]So what do you think we should do?

Crucify him, i'm off to fetch my hammer.[/b]
Lol...

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
12 Mar 12

lol

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Mar 12

Oh I see LORD RJH. I forgot you are a reader of hearts and you are the JUDGE of all. Please forgive me oh HOLY ONE, our LORD.
You should smile when you say that. Like this πŸ˜€

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Mar 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
You should smile when you say that. Like this πŸ˜€
πŸ™ Should I send donations my LORD? I'll give you all this poor servant has...

ZellulΓ€rer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
12 Mar 12

Originally posted by FMF
It's not for me to say what your fellow Christians think, but, for what it's worth, I would say that you are a very ineffective - and arguably alienating - advocate of your belief system.
Christianity is not a 'belief system' that can be 'advocated'.

But: by their fruits shall ye know them ... and I believe your comment is targeting RHinds' fruits.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Mar 12

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Christianity is not a 'belief system' that can be 'advocated'.

But: by their fruits shall ye know them ... and I believe your comment is targeting RHinds' fruits.
This seems to have gotten off topic.

Illinois

Moves
13 Mar 12

Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the
money changers doing business. When He had made a whip of cords, He drove
them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the
changers’ money and overturned the tables. And He said t ...[text shortened]... udy the Holy Bible so you know what you are
talking about. Glory be to God. HalleluYah !!!
What do you think of this? Was Jesus being nice to these people doing business
by driving them out with a whip and overturning their tables. Doesn't it seem a
little rude too?

The difference is, Jesus is acting righteously by casting the merchants out of the temple. Your rudeness has no righteous element. It is simply degrading.

Do they have the right to accuse me of all types of evil, but I can not defend
myself.

"Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord" (Rom. 12:19).

That is not what Jesus did when He was accused of breaking the
Sabbath command by the Pharisees was it? He called them a bunch of names.

RJ, you are not contending with Pharisees here. Neither do you have the authority to pronounce judgment on a Pharisee even if you were. Only God has the authority to judge. Period.

Is it loving your
neighbor to tell them the lies they want to hear? Or is it loving them to tell
them the truth because they need to hear it?

Telling the truth doesn't necessitate being insulting. You seem to be mistaking saying something hurtful with telling someone a truth that hurts.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Mar 12

Originally posted by epiphinehas
[b]What do you think of this? Was Jesus being nice to these people doing business
little rude too?

The difference is, Jesus is acting righteously by casting the merchants out of the temple. Your rudeness has no righteous element. It is simply degrading.

Do ...[text shortened]... You seem to be mistaking saying something hurtful with telling someone a truth that hurts.
Good comments for sure but I don't think he's listening.... Too bad but maybe something will sink in.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Mar 12

gOriginally posted by epiphinehas
[b]What do you think of this? Was Jesus being nice to these people doing business
little rude too?

Do ...[text shortened]... You seem to be mistaking saying something hurtful with telling someone a truth that hurts.
You say only God has the authority to judge; yet you proceed to judge me by
declaring my words have no righteous elements. Sounds like you are being a
little hypocritical to me.

I ask a question about my right to defend myself. And you quote a passage
about wrath and vengence. This passage refers to violent revenge due to
anger. I have no anger or intend no harm to these people who insult me and
make evil accusations about me. I only speak in a harsh way to wake them up.
This is the tough love approach. I am just taking the hint from the Master.
However, I understand I am not equal to Him. Sometimes the truth does hurt
the pride of those that do not what to hear or accept it. What can I say? That
is just the way it is.

😏

u
semper fi

Moves
13 Mar 12

RJ

I just read through the thread. You know what I think of you already, so I don't need to elaborate on that issue. You started this thread wanting to know the opinion of other christians in regards to your tactics. You got your answer. Instead of taking it in, you accused them of not being true christians. Is a true christian supposed to support your inadequate approach to missionary work? We all know that your command of the English language is not the best, but that is no big deal. You missionary work is lacking because you alienate your audience. Instead of asking thought provoking questions to help state your case, you blast away with your blinders on and don't seem to care who listens. Its all one subject with you, and anyone who is not a YEC is a bad christian. Would your god want you to condemn those who don't see eye to eye with you, or would he want you to be accepting of the diferences of others and try to learn something new? I'm not asking you to change your thinking. Im simply asking you to be less of a hypocrite.

Oh by the way...... You cheat at chess😏 Did I get the smug smiley right?

Illinois

Moves
13 Mar 12
1 edit

I ask a question about my right to defend myself. And you quote a passage
about wrath and vengence. This passage refers to violent revenge due to
anger. I have no anger o ...[text shortened]... that do not what to hear or accept it. What can I say? That
is just the way it is.

😏

Your insults have no righteous elements (e.g., idiot, nitwit, fool, moron, ignorant, stupid, doofus, etc., etc.). I've seen you use these on many occasions. But Jesus said, "whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, You fool, shall be in danger of hell fire" (Matt. 5:22). "Raca" is a Syriac word that means "stupid" or "senseless". All of the words you have used against various people in this forum are variations of "raca"! You like to make light of your use of these words, but to God it is no laughing matter. In the day of judgment you must give account for every careless word you have spoken (Matt. 12:36).

j

Moves
13 Mar 12
5 edits

Who in their right mind wants criticism? Sure anyone would rather have
affirmation. But a little constructive criticism would be helpful if it came
from Christian who know what they are talking about. I haven't heard any
of that so far.
Who in their right mind wants criticism? Sure anyone would rather have affirmation. But a little constructive criticism would be helpful if it came from Christian who know what they are talking about. I haven't heard any of that so far.

Brother James constrasts the wisdom that he says comes from above with the wisdom which does not descend from above.

Notice first that both are a kind of wisdom. But then notice how James shows the contrast:

"But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not boast and lie against the truth.

This wisdom is not that which descends from above, but is earthy, soulish, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition are, there disorder and every worthless practice are.

But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, forbearing, compliant, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial, without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace." (James 3:14-18)

It helps me to consider the difference in quality of these two wisdoms. It is not easy. But often praying before posting and praying afterwards I find helpful.

We learn by practicing. Like cutting hair, you just don't learn unless you practice. And to testify for the Lord Jesus, you also don't learn unless you practice.

But we have to remember how cynical and unbelieving we were until we met Christ. If you can remember how you were before you touched Christ, it may help you to be forbearing toward others who have yet to have the experience of meeting Christ.

We should seek to present Jesus Christ to some people until Jesus becomes an issue. It is not until YOU become an issue. It is not until I become an issue. It is until Jesus becomes an issue. There's a difference.

You're just a forerunner. Like John the Baptist, you are just someone coming BEFORE until per chance by God's mercy, one day someone meets the Lord Jesus.

You asked for a little constructive fellowship. That's what I would share for both of us.