1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 12:551 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Have you heard of the term 'Swan Song'?

Well this thread (although in no way beautiful) is probably that metaphor for you here.
    You seem to have ignored my smiley face ( 😀 ) And as far as the "Swan Song",
    It is known to be false. 😏

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/swan-song.html
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 14:272 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Are you claiming you know James wrote as many letters as Paul? I don't think
    James was any more clearer than any of the others writers. For they can all
    be easily misunderstood, the JWs and many Christian denominations is proof.
    Are you claiming you know James wrote as many letters as Paul?

No. That is not what I said. That is not what I meant anyone to understand. However many James wrote, more room was given to the Apostle Paul.

Luke wrote no letters that I know of. Yet Luke occupies a large bulk of New Testament writing in his Gospel of Luke and the book of Acts.

I don't think James was any more clearer than any of the others writers. For they can all be easily misunderstood, the JWs and many Christian denominations is proof.

I may not be following you here. What I wrote, in essence, was that Paul's insight into the nature of the new covenant was clearer than that of James the brother of Jesus.

But there is no need to pit one man against the other in a competitive way. All are ours as Christians, whether Paul or Peter or Apollos or James. All are ours. And we are Christ's. And Christ is God's.

James persuaded Paul to pretend he was still under the old law keeping rituals of Moses. James thought this would appease the suspicious Jews and Jewish disciples of Jesus in Jerusalem. Paul went along with the "trick". And it blew up in his face.

I believe that it was after this experience that Paul wrote some of his clearest letters on the nature of the new covenant - Ephesians, Galatians, Philppians, and Colossians.

My opinion is that he thought something like "I'll NEVER make that mistake again."
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 15:00
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Are you claiming you know James wrote as many letters as Paul?

No. That is not what I said. That is not what I meant anyone to understand. However many James wrote, more room was given to the Apostle Paul.

Luke wrote no letters that I know of. Yet Luke occupies a large bulk of New Testament writing in his Gospel of Luke and the boo ...[text shortened]...

My opinion is that he thought something like "I'll NEVER make that mistake again."
    It is just a matter of emphasis in my opinion. But do you consider me an
    embarrassment?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 06:522 edits
    But do you [jaywill] consider me an embarrassment?
    I think his silence speaks volumes.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 07:321 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I think his silence speaks volumes.
    I think it means he is busy with more important matters than posting on RHP.
    He probably has not read this post yet. I am sure he would reply one way or
    another if he had.
  6. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 08:561 edit
    by usmc7257 Oh by the way...... You cheat at chess

reply by RJHinds I don't condemn you. You are welcome to your opinion, but remember that
    opinion is not science.

I just noticed that in the whole debate about RJH's cheating, the focus has been on how one can be found out, and how reliable that is.

At no time did RJH ever categorically deny this - maybe he IS, after all, hesitant to pronounce an outright lie. Which, I suppose, is good!

So here is a direct question, Ron, YES or NO: Do you use chess engines in some of your RHP games?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 10:192 edits
    Originally posted by CalJust
    by usmc7257 [b]Oh by the way...... You cheat at chess

reply by RJHinds I don't condemn you. You are welcome to your opinion, but remember that
    opinion is not science.

I just noticed that in the whole debate about RJH's cheating, the focus has been on how one can be found out, and how reliable that is.

At no time did R ...[text shortened]... a direct question, Ron, YES or NO: Do you use chess engines in some of your RHP games?[/b]
    You are wrong. Go to the Chess Form, towards end of 1st page, thread entitled
    "Did White Use Computer Engine" then go to the 14th page and you will see the
    challenge to swear that I did not use a computer engine during a RHP game on
    post 3. My answer is in post 11 on that page.

P.S. The first to ask that question was Proper Knob in a personal message to me.
    He was the first to accuse me.
  8. Joined
    12 Oct '09
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 10:38
    by usmc7257 [b]Oh by the way...... You cheat at chess

opinion is not science.

At no time did R ...[text shortened]... a direct question, Ron, YES or NO: Do you use chess engines in some of your RHP games?[/b]
    Just remember if and when you get an answer that RJH is an admitted troll, fake, cheat and liar
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 10:52
    Originally posted by deenny
    Just remember if and when you get an answer that RJH is an admitted troll, fake, cheat and liar
    Just remember this statement of yours, if you are asked if you have ever lied.
  10. Joined
    12 Oct '09
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 10:57
    Just remember this statement of yours, if you are asked if you have ever lied.
    Of course I have lied, but not in this case. Your own words are there to confirm it.
  11. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 13:20
    You are wrong. Go to the Chess Form, towards end of 1st page, thread entitled
    "Did White Use Computer Engine" then go to the 14th page and you will see the
    challenge to swear that I did not use a computer engine during a RHP game on
    post 3. My answer is in post 11 on that page.

P.S. The first to ask that question was Proper Knob in a personal message to me.
    He was the first to accuse me.
    Sorry, can't find it.Went to page 11, then page 14 and there is nothing on that page.

So I still don't know. Why so evasive? Why not humour me and say: I was asked before and I said categorically NO, I do not do that??!
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 13:561 edit
    Sorry, can't find it.Went to page 11, then page 14 and there is nothing on that page.
    It's interesting that on page 15 of that thread RJHinds said this to Zygalski:

"Since you have agreed to be fair and have apparently judged me as a cheat. Then I will agree to the punishment you believe fair. I will agree to leave this website and resign all games in progress if you believe that is appropriate."

RJHinds to Zygalski: "What is your decision as Judge of this matter. Am I quilty? Yes or No."

Zygalski's judgement was "The analysis indicates idiotic engine use". [same page, top]

And yet RJHinds is still here. How odd!
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 17:04

So I still don't know. Why so evasive? Why not humour me and say: I was asked before and I said categorically NO, I do not do that??!
    It is post 11 on page 14. Look for my reply to Rank outsider on page 14.
    Forget about page 11. It is post 11 the one replying to Rank outsider on
    page 14. I would reference the post id number if I knew how to do that.
  14. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '12 12:58
    It is post 11 on page 14. Look for my reply to Rank outsider on page 14.
    Forget about page 11. It is post 11 the one replying to Rank outsider on
    page 14. I would reference the post id number if I knew how to do that.
    The forum page in question:
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=145363&page=14

Post 3 by rank outsider:

Given these statistics, RJHinds, I think it would be interesting to know if you are prepared to swear, in the name of Jesus Christ, that you have never used an engine during any competitive game on the RHP site.

Post 11 by RJHinds:

Proper Knob asked me a similiar question in a messege he sent to me and I said, "No". He did not believe me and I doubt you will either. Jesus said,

“Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.’ But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God’s throne; nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black. But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

(Matthew 5:33-37 NKJV)

Post 12 by RJHinds in response to Zygalski

What is your decision as Judge of this matter. Am I quilty? Yes or No.

Post 1 on the next page by Zygalski

The analysis indicates idiotic engine use.

Post 7 by RJHinds:

Since you have agreed to be fair and have apparently judged me as a cheat.
    Then I will agree to the punishment you believe fair. I will agree to leave this
    website and resign all games in progress if you believe that is appropriate. It
    is your call.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be reply. However, I think this exchange fairly decisively labels RJHinds as both a cheat and a liar and that RJ himself accepts this. It's only the decision on the punishment that is missing.

--- Penguin.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '12 13:26
    Originally posted by Penguin
    However, I think this exchange fairly decisively labels RJHinds as both a cheat and a liar and that RJ himself accepts this. It's only the decision on the punishment that is missing.
    What does 'the honourable thing to do' for RJHinds have to do with a poster called Zygalski? Why is RJHinds still here?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree