1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 07:30
    Some people say that I am an embarrassment to the Christians on this forum.
    There was one Christian in the past that said I should tone down the way I
    present Christianity. I have made an effort to do that. Sometimes I forget.
    However, I was wondering how many Christians look at me with embarrassment.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 08:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It's not for me to say what your fellow Christians think, but, for what it's worth, I would say that you are a very ineffective - and arguably alienating - advocate of your belief system.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 08:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's not for me to say what your fellow Christians think, but, for what it's worth, I would say that you are a very ineffective - and arguably alienating - advocate of your belief system.
    You seem alienating and obnoxious yourself.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 08:37
    I don't find you an embarrassment to Christianity because I think you are a troll or fake persona here and therefore your childlike, often scriptuarly inaccurate and usually inept platitudes have little credibility. A bit like the chess experts view your chess rating. If I have got you wrong I will publicly apologise.

I on the other hand, am a bit of an embarrassment to Christianity.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 08:40
    I simply thought that seeing as you were reflecting on your demeanour towards others - something that I have urged you to do several times - that some candid input from a fellow regular poster would be welcome, even if I am not a Christian. Personally, I think it would be to this forum's benefit if you were a more effective advocate of your belief system.
  6. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 08:401 edit
    I haven't been following your latest posts but, yes, I have been cringing in my heart with embarrassment at many of your utterances.

Humility is a Christian virtue in which you seem to be most lacking. Clearly, we do NOT have all the answers. Paul says we look into an unclear mirror, or "through a glass darkly". Glib one-liners are therefore not a solution to the deep divisions which reflect the complexities of the spiritual path.

Maybe this post is an indication that there may well be a change of heart, and that you may still be willing to admit to fallibility.

But for goodness' sake, drop the smug "so there, now I've really told you off!" face that you so often sign off with!
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 09:01
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Maybe this post is an indication that there may well be a change of heart, and that you may still be willing to admit to fallibility.
    Apparently not, considering his second post in the thread.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 10:241 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I don't find you an embarrassment to Christianity because I think you are a troll or fake persona here and therefore your childlike, often scriptuarly inaccurate and usually inept platitudes have little credibility. A bit like the chess experts view your chess rating. If I have got you wrong I will publicly apologise.

I on the other hand, am a bit of an embarrassment to Christianity.
    Why would I use my real name if I were a troll or fake persona? I think I am
    smarter than that. In that case, I would probably use a made up name like
    divegeester, VoidSpirit, Proper Knob, Dasa or maybe some initials like FMF.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 10:34
    Originally posted by CalJust
    I haven't been following your latest posts but, yes, I have been cringing in my heart with embarrassment at many of your utterances.

Humility is a Christian virtue in which you seem to be most lacking. Clearly, we do NOT have all the answers. Paul says we look into an unclear mirror, or "through a glass darkly". Glib one-liners are therefore not a ...[text shortened]... the smug "so there, now I've really told you off!" face that you so often sign off with!
    All my smug comments are aimed at atheist, evolutionists, and those with other
    religious beliefs. They think they are wise and know the truth. I am here to
    let them know they are believing in lies. Sometimes that requires tough
    language and a little smugness IMO and a HalleluYah ever now and then.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 11:01
    let them know they are believing in lies.
    Well you are doing a terrible job. Mostly you just convince us even more that your brand of Christianity is a sign of insanity.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 11:38
    I am here to let them know they are believing in lies. Sometimes that requires tough language and a little smugness IMO and a HalleluYah ever now and then.
    And yet even you now seem to realize it's counterproductive; hence this thread. The "tough language" and "smugness" come across too often as just insecurity and mean-spiritedness, as if your faith is failing to give you that sense of spiritual poise and deportment - or even joy - that others might want to emulate or be more curious about. The main victim of all this is your ability to act well as an ambassador for your belief system.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 11:41
    let them know they are believing in lies. Sometimes that requires tough
    language and a little smugness IMO and a HalleluYah ever now and then.
    How you, a proven chess engine user, can go on about making claims about peoples supposed lies is simply bewildering. Do you have a mirror? If so i suggest taking a good long, hard look in it.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 12:15
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    How you, a proven chess engine user,
    He probably thinks hes teaching us chess too.
  14. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 13:00
    I guess you ignored the advice from your friend to tone it down.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 18:18
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Well you are doing a terrible job. Mostly you just convince us even more that your brand of Christianity is a sign of insanity.
    Well, I think my brand of Christianity is far less insane than the brand of
    atheisim that believes evolution is a proven fact and the unniverse came into
    existence by an explosion or "Big Bang" from no telling what.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree