1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 05:29
    does anybody know anything about the antichrist? i dont remember it too well, but he make peace with the world or something like that?
  2. Joined
    21 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 09:29
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    does anybody know anything about the antichrist? i dont remember it too well, but he make peace with the world or something like that?
    Sorry, need to know basis.

Damn, I shouldn't even have said that much.
  3. Standard memberHand of Hecate
    Merciless Vagabond
    Deep in it.
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 12:09
    He'll definitely be Chinese... fo some time I thought darvlay was the anti-Christ, but, he's Chinkrish and only half chinese.
  4. Joined
    17 May '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 17:00
    He's supposedly an agent of satan who deceives the world into making him it's leader and who ushers in 3 1/2 years of peace through a united world government (sort of an evil mimicking of christ's millenial rule). The catch is that the populace must receive the mark of "the beast" in order to be able to transact commerce. The "beast" is something that desecrates the temple in jerusalem (some speculate it is a supercomputer that the antichrist uses to issue edicts worldwide and to continually blaspheme). Those not receiving the mark, who are belatedly loyal to christ (the fortunate ones who were already loyal escape this terrible time through a "rapture" by fundamentalist reckoning), are ruthlessly persecuted.
    The next 3 1/2 years bring down god's wrath on the earth (the 4 horsemen of the apocolypse). The tribulation culminates in Christ's return with the angelic host at the battle of armageddon whereby the antichrist and his army are destroyed.
    Christ then rules over the physical earth as the rightful king of kings for 1000 years.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 17:10
    Originally posted by Regicidal
    He's supposedly an agent of satan who deceives the world into making him it's leader and who ushers in 3 1/2 years of peace through a united world government (sort of an evil mimicking of christ's millenial rule). The catch is that the populace must receive the mark of "the beast" in order to be able to transact commerce. The "beast" is something that dese ...[text shortened]... rist then rules over the physical earth as the rightful king of kings for 1000 years.
    Nice summary, however, to be clear, the exact time of the Rapture in relation to the 7 years of tribulation is only assumed by most to be before it begins. It could very well happen during or after the tribulation. 😲😉🙄
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 18:06
    The End Times is the last word in journalism.
  7. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 19:29
    He's supposedly an agent of satan who deceives the world into making him it's leader and who ushers in 3 1/2 years of peace through a united world government (sort of an evil mimicking of christ's millenial rule). The catch is that the populace must receive the mark of "the beast" in order to be able to transact commerce. The "beast" is something that dese ...[text shortened]... rist then rules over the physical earth as the rightful king of kings for 1000 years.
    apocalypse
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 20:131 edit
    He's supposedly an agent of satan who deceives the world into making him it's leader and who ushers in 3 1/2 years of peace through a united world government (sort of an evil mimicking of christ's millenial rule). The catch is that the populace must receive the mark of "the beast" in order to be able to transact commerce. The "beast" is something that dese rist then rules over the physical earth as the rightful king of kings for 1000 years.
    Then what? The cycle starts all over again?
  9. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 20:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Then what? The cycle starts all over again?
    Pretty much...It's the Kali Yuga...

Ever noticed the striking similarity between the rider on the pale horse in Revelations and Kalki? You'd think the guy who wrote the book had been to India...

For the salvation of the good, the destruction of the evil-doers, and for firmly establishing righteousness, I manifest myself from age to age. ( Bhagavad Gita 4:7-8 )
  10. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 21:37
    did you know some believe the antichrist will be a pope?

25.6. There is no other head of the Church but the Lord Jesus Christ: nor can the Pope of Rome in any sense be head thereof; but is that Antichrist, that man of sin and son of perdition, that exalts himself in the Church against Christ, and all that is called God.

The London Baptist Confession of 1689:

26.4. The Lord Jesus Christ is the Head of the church, in whom, by the appointment of the Father, all power for the calling, institution, order or government of the church, is invested in a supreme and sovereign manner; neither can the Pope of Rome in any sense be head thereof, but is that antichrist, that man of sin, and son of perdition, that exalteth himself in the church against Christ, csacss. This view was then codified by St. Bellarmine, who gives in full the Catholic theory set forth by the Greek and Latin Fathers, of a personal Antichrist to come just before the end of the world and to be accepted by the Jews and enthroned in the temple at Jerusalem—thus endeavoring to dispose of the Protestant exposition which saw Antichrist in the pope. Bellarmine's interpretation, in modified form, is now accepted by most premillennial dispensationalists.[9]
  11. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 22:10
    Al Franken wrote that someone said it would be a Jew. I don't remember who decided that. The argument was that the Christ was a Jew, therefore by symmetry so will the anti-Christ.
  12. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 22:13
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Al Franken wrote that someone said it would be a Jew. I don't remember who decided that. The argument was that the Christ was a Jew, therefore by symmetry so will the anti-Christ.
    also some believe it will be muslim.
  13. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 22:202 edits
    And some believe he will be called "Steve", and work in a call centre, and have an impossibly low IQ.
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 22:23
    Originally posted by dottewell
    And some believe he will be called "Steve", and work in a call centre, and have an impossibly low IQ.
    Any relation to Gareth from The Office?
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Oct '06 07:37
    Originally posted by dottewell
    I cant believe nobody has mentioned Bush yet! I'm sure some people think he's the anti-Christ!