1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148452
    13 Dec '15 17:06
    In today's struggles, what part do you think this verse plays?

    Ephesians 6:12

    For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    13 Dec '15 17:33
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    In today's struggles, what part do you think this verse plays?

    Ephesians 6:12

    For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    All of our struggles are inward struggles.
  3. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    13 Dec '15 17:42
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    In today's struggles, what part do you think this verse plays?

    Ephesians 6:12

    For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    What struggles exactly ?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    13 Dec '15 18:52
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    In today's struggles, what part do you think this verse plays?

    Ephesians 6:12

    For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    Today it is about the evil ideology of those against Christianity just as it was in the days of the apostles. 😏
  5. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    13 Dec '15 23:25
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    In today's struggles, what part do you think this verse plays?

    Ephesians 6:12

    For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    This is specifically speaking of demonic activity, spiritual wickedness from on high.
    We are not told to fight it but to resist it. It also is saying not to fight or wrestle against people because those who oppose God are being swayed by the evil one.
    We are warned that in order to stand, we must put on the whole "armour" of God.

    The "helmet" of salvation, (in other words don't be deceived by people like rajk who tries to tell you salvation can be lost), the shield of "faith"( knowing God stands by His Word or promises),the breast plate of righteousness (knowing you are righteous because of Christ and the cross), the gospel of peace and the sword of the spirit ( the word of God to use against demonic powers).
    Eph 6:14-18

    14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints
    NKJV


    10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
    NKJV
  6. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    13 Dec '15 23:50
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    This is specifically speaking of demonic activity, spiritual wickedness from on high.
    We are not told to fight it but to resist it. It also is saying not to fight or wrestle against people because those who oppose God are being swayed by the evil one.
    We are warned that in order to stand, we must put on the whole "armour" of God.

    The "helmet" of s ...[text shortened]... that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
    NKJV[/quote]
    Rajk is saying, as does Paul and all the Apostles and Jesus himself that Christians live in the HOPE OF SALVATION.

    But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, (1 Thessalonians 5:8-9).

    And if the life of the Christian is displeasing to Christ, his name will be blotted out of the book of life.
  7. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    14 Dec '15 00:22
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Rajk is saying, as does Paul and all the Apostles and Jesus himself that Christians live in the HOPE OF SALVATION.

    [i]But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and [b]for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
    For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, (1 Thessalon ...[text shortened]... ife of the Christian is displeasing to Christ, his name will be blotted out of the book of life.[/b]
    That's part of your problems, you think hope in the bible means the same as today's meaning...
    Like I hope it doesn't rain... I won't give you the bible meaning because you really need to do some bible study on your own... Ask God to show you, since you are unable to receive from me...
  8. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    14 Dec '15 01:13
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    That's part of your problems, you think hope in the bible means the same as today's meaning...
    Like I hope it doesn't rain... I won't give you the bible meaning because you really need to do some bible study on your own... Ask God to show you, since you are unable to receive from me...
    Lol .. good one.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148452
    14 Dec '15 04:13
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    This is specifically speaking of demonic activity, spiritual wickedness from on high.
    We are not told to fight it but to resist it. It also is saying not to fight or wrestle against people because those who oppose God are being swayed by the evil one.
    We are warned that in order to stand, we must put on the whole "armour" of God.

    The "helmet" of s ...[text shortened]... that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
    NKJV[/quote]
    So you believe that our real struggle isn't against ISIS, Atheist, or any other group of
    humans, but spiritual wickedness?

    If so I'd agree with you, we are not at war with anyone *human*, but the evil one who has
    blinded the world. It is a sad thing seeing people cry out God is good as they murder
    someone else and die too. They are about to see that God is good, to their horror.
  10. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    14 Dec '15 04:44
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    So you believe that our real struggle isn't against ISIS, Atheist, or any other group of
    humans, but spiritual wickedness?

    If so I'd agree with you, we are not at war with anyone *human*, but the evil one who has
    blinded the world. It is a sad thing seeing people cry out God is good as they murder
    someone else and die too. They are about to see that God is good, to their horror.
    Yes, I agree
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    14 Dec '15 06:221 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    So you believe that our real struggle isn't against ISIS, Atheist, or any other group of
    humans, but spiritual wickedness?

    If so I'd agree with you, we are not at war with anyone *human*, but the evil one who has
    blinded the world. It is a sad thing seeing people cry out God is good as they murder
    someone else and die too. They are about to see that God is good, to their horror.
    You are sounding like Obama now. We can't win a war when we refuse to define the enemy.

    Obama, "We are not at war against Islam and never will be."

    YouTube
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148452
    14 Dec '15 07:04
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are sounding like Obama now. We can't win a war when we refuse to define the enemy.

    Obama, "We are not at war against Islam and never will be."

    [youtube]1zpb3ShK7RI[/youtube]
    The thing I see is that Jesus died for those in ISIS just like He did for me. If Jesus
    is to receive the reward for His suffering we should be reaching out to them no
    differently than we do to any other.

    Matt 5:
    43 Ye have heard that it was said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy: 44 but I say unto you, love your enemies, and pray for them that persecute you; 45 that ye may be sons of your Father who is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sendeth rain on the just and the unjust. 46 For if ye love them that love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the Gentiles the same? 48 Ye therefore shall be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148452
    14 Dec '15 10:281 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    This is specifically speaking of demonic activity, spiritual wickedness from on high.
    We are not told to fight it but to resist it. It also is saying not to fight or wrestle against people because those who oppose God are being swayed by the evil one.
    We are warned that in order to stand, we must put on the whole "armour" of God.

    The "helmet" of s ...[text shortened]... that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
    NKJV[/quote]
    "We are not told to fight it but to resist it. It also is saying not to fight or wrestle against
    people because those who oppose God are being swayed by the evil one. "

    You got me thinking about this, can you speak to not fighting it but resisting it. I'm not sure
    how that would play out in life.
  14. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    14 Dec '15 13:331 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    "We are not told to fight it but to resist it. It also is saying not to fight or wrestle against
    people because those who oppose God are being swayed by the evil one. "

    You got me thinking about this, can you speak to not fighting it but resisting it. I'm not sure
    how that would play out in life.
    We are to love the people not what they do. Sometimes we have to physically defend ourselves even war.
    Some people go to the extreme and let people walk all over them.. This is wrong as well...
    Some people think Gods love is mushy, like let them do what they wish... Wrong again, love is not an emotion.. Gods kind of love is giving..
    I agree that people hell bent on destroying us should be exported and blocked from entering in to our country.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148452
    14 Dec '15 15:22
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    We are to love the people not what they do. Sometimes we have to physically defend ourselves even war.
    Some people go to the extreme and let people walk all over them.. This is wrong as well...
    Some people think Gods love is mushy, like let them do what they wish... Wrong again, love is not an emotion.. Gods kind of love is giving..
    I agree that people hell bent on destroying us should be exported and blocked from entering in to our country.
    I think that sound reasonable.
Back to Top