1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 12:42
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    That's because it's not actually part of Christianity, it's a man made teaching based on a handful of scriptures from the more poetic and supymbolic parts of the bible.
    As to the idea of "eternal damnation" (as opposed to the idea of "eternal punishment" ), what do you think happens to those found "wanting" at Judgement? Regardless of their punishment, whether "eternal" or short-lived, are they not "eternally" damned?

I mean anyone who has been in this forum for any length of time at all can tell, you're against this idea of torture, or "eternal punishment". Why are you conflating "eternal damnation" with this?

I tend to view "damnation" as the "judgement" while "punishment" is what God actually does about those who are damned. I don't see why they should be conflated.

Or do you think man will escape judgement somehow?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 13:024 edits
    How many people will be suffering eternal hell due to you wasting your time in here?
    So when Plan A fails - ie. Prove that Christ didn't say anything about damnation, you then go to your backup
    Plan B
    - Get the Christian to feel responsible for the lost because of spending time trying to help the lost to believe in Christ.

Now I have a little question for you in turn. Why don't you ask all the atheists participating here which one of them has a more favorable interest in the Scripture since you have labored to show eternal punishment is just annihilation into non-existence?

For me one or two who as a result of your denying God will send sinners to the lake of fire, has influenced them to re-open their Bibles to examine the life and words of Jesus.
    Has air-conditioning the lake of fire done anything to make these fellas more open to being saved ?

By the way, you may always pray believing prayers for people's salvation, as I do.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 13:142 edits
    That's because it's not actually part of Christianity, it's a man made teaching based on a handful of scriptures from the more poetic and supymbolic parts of the bible.
    Apparently people like Hitler will be in heaven with Dive according to people like Dive

Why a sane person would think that I don't know.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 14:20
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Apparently people like Hitler will be in heaven with Dive according to people like Dive

Why a sane person would make such a post as that is beyond me. There is nothing apparent about your 'apparently.'

Why not simply ask Dive what he thinks happens to bad people when they die?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 16:192 edits
    Originally posted by @sonship
    So when [b] Plan A fails - ie. Prove that Christ didn't say anything about damnation, you then go to your backup
    Plan B
    - Get the Christian to feel responsible for the lost because of spending time trying to help the lost to believe in Christ.

Now I have a little question for you in turn. Why don't you ask all the ath ...[text shortened]... g saved ?

By the way, you may always pray believing prayers for people's salvation, as I do.[/b]
    Sonship you waste your time in here when there are billions in peril of your eternal torture. I can honestly tell you that if I believed what you believed I'd be out there screaming at people. Metaphorically screaming f course. Instead you prefer to blame FMF for the dozens of people you feel he has caused to go to hell. Go on...deny saying that now!

I'm not interested in your vicarious question to atheists, ask them yourself.

You have called me a liar at least twice and then lacked the grace to apologise when proved wrong. Frankly I find you to be an odd character and a doctrinally fringe Christian who preaches strange beliefs and fails at the slightest hurdle of basic grace and humility.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 16:251 edit

Your idiotic interpretation of salvation is revealing of your lack of basic understanding. Good and bad are human constructs, they are relative and subjective, they have nothing to do with salvation. All that matters is faith, grace and atonement. Hitler will be no worse off than another people who are not "saved". Therefore what Hitler "did" is irrelevant.
    Furthermore Christ died for all and his blood covers all sins including the worst and most vile deeds.

Hypothetical question; would you rather Hitler was burning alive for eternity or saved by grace through no doing of his own, cleansed of what he did and a new creation?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 17:22

Some believe everyone is saved, against their wills because God wills it. Some believe it doesn't matter what we want God hand picked a few for salvation, our wills are just meaningless. Some still believe it has more to do with earning God's favor by doing works.

God made away for all, but only a few will find it, Jesus Christ the Way, the Truth, and the Life. We can't buy our way in, suffer our way in, earn our way in, show God we are worthy enough!

It's a gift from God and those that try to get in any other way reject God. I suppose they prefer their own gods that they make up or accept those the world offers.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 17:534 edits
    Sonship you waste your time in here when there are billions in peril of your eternal torture.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How I use my time as a Christian I will answer to Christ for, not to you Divegeester.

Didn't you read ?

"Who are you who judge another's householdd servant? To his own master he stands or falls, and he will be made to stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand." (Rom. 14:4)

In a PM you appealed to me implying that I was a fellow Christian.
    This exhortation above concerns fellow Christians receiving one another without passing judgment - judgments which are reserved for their Lord to conduct.

Down a few verses in 12 it reads -

"So then each one of us will give an account concerning himself to God."

You may remind me at any time - "Sonship, you will have to give an account before God of your service as a Christian."

Maybe, you so dislike to hear the truth from the Bible that you are desperate that I shut up and explain no more of what you cannot refute.

I can honestly tell you that if I believed what you believed I'd be out there screaming at people.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe you don't believe what I believe.
    Usually you draw up your own caricature of what I believe.

Either way, you'll answer at the judgment seat of Christ (if you are a believer) for you.
    And I will answer at the judgment seat of Christ for me.

That's what we told. Maybe you account that as only allegorical too. I don't know.

Metaphorically screaming f course. Instead you prefer to blame FMF for the dozens of people you feel he has caused to go to hell. Go on...deny saying that now!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have a cut and paste quotation for that that I can examine
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 17:59
    [b] Sonship you waste your time in here when there are billions in peril of your eternal torture.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How I use my time as a Christian I will answer to Christ for, not to you Divegeester.

Didn't you read ?

[quote] "Who are you who judge another's house ...[text shortened]... ybe I'll say I'm sorry for calling you a liar.
    I take no pleasure in hurting anyone's feelings.
    Your hairdryer mode of communication when under pressure, doesn't move me sonship.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 18:002 edits

You have called me a liar at least twice and then lacked the grace to apologise when proved wrong. Frankly I find you to be an odd character and a doctrinally fringe Christian who preaches strange beliefs and fails at the slightest hurdle of basic grace and humility.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote a paragraph about God's judgment being a deterrent to other worlds.
    You used it as an example of my strange teaching of aliens on other planets.

After I explained, on more than one occasion, that I was not making it a strong Christian doctrine that life on other planets we know exist, you did a "business as usual". You continued to trot out that quotation as my strange belief in other planet aliens.

After you read my clarifications that I was not insisting that the Bible clearly spoke of aliens on other planets, YOU, dude, ignored that because you just found it too rich to exploit my paragraph to push your "sonship's strange teaching" accusation.

That I count as DISHONEST.

You thought you could get away with acting like I never qualified that quotation, and do a "business as usual" lampoon that "sonship has a loony belief about extra-terrestial people".

The FIRST time you used that after my quotation about deterring other worlds, I can understand. But after clarification and qualification on the "other worlds" phrase you continued to exploit the matter - that I call dishonest.

Furthermore, the thought of "other worlds" we cannot absolutely disqualify as possibly meaning other lives because God says that He will make all things new. That is when He make a new heaven and a new earth. See Revelation 21:1,5

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and the sea is no more." (Rev. 21:1)

"And He who sits on the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And He said, Write, for these words are faithful and true." (v.5)

Did you ever conclusively demonstrate that such a creating all things NEW could not POSSIBLY involve new beings ? If you didn't then even the expectation that there might be other lives on "other worlds" is not that strange.

1.) After I showed that I did not insist on aliens on other planets either NOW or in the FUTURE, you dishonestly carried on as if it was a major tenet of my faith.

ie. "Sonship has weird and strange beliefs that the Bible teaches extra-terrestrial beings" [paraphrase]

2.) You never, as I recall, demonstrated that it is impossible that there could ever be lives on "other worlds" when God makes a new heaven and new earth. That takes the force out of your accusation that it is STRANGE or WEIRD to think that there might be.

So why don't you apologize to me and readers that you could not resist the temptation to continue to portray my paragraph as strange after I clarified that people on "other worlds" was something I was NOT insisting is a strong teaching in the Holy Bible ?

You show some humility and maybe I'll say I'm sorry for calling you a liar.
    I take no pleasure in hurting anyone's feelings.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 18:031 edit
    Your hairdryer mode of communication when under pressure, doesn't move me sonship.
    And your cute phrases like "hairdryer mode," (regurgitated from someone else I think) doesn't move me.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 18:061 edit
    And your cute phrases like "hairdryer mode," (regurgitated from someone else I think) doesn't move me.
    Yes from Gary Neville about Sir Alex Ferguson.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 18:101 edit
    [b]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...[text shortened]... ybe I'll say I'm sorry for calling you a liar.
    I take no pleasure in hurting anyone's feelings.[/b]
    I see you're still clamouring on about how your belief that there are beings on other worlds witnessing the eternal torture in hell is not "strange".

I think I almost feel sorry for you dude.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 18:19
    Yes from Gary Neville about Sir Alex Ferguson.
    *Laughter*
    *Applause*

Now that retort was just too entertaining.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 18:271 edit
    *Laughter*
    *Applause*

Now that retort was just too entertaining.
    It's just a fact, it wasn't meant to be anything else..
    But whatever blows your bags mate 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree