1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 18:281 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I see you're still clamouring on about how your belief that there are beings on other worlds witnessing the eternal torture in hell is not "strange".

I think I almost feel sorry for you dude.
    In that quotation that you LOVE so dearly I showed you -

1. chains or "eternal bonds" was not that extra-biblical a concept.

2. Punishment as a warning or deterrent also is not that extra-biblical.

I don't recall any strong refutation of those demonstrations.

You need some new arguments Divegeester.
    You can't live on in the past forever.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 18:301 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    You can't live on in the past forever.
    Want a bet?

You are a rich vein of strange forum gold.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 18:32
    [b]You need some new arguments Divegeester. /b]
    You want me to produce "some new arguments" that there are in fact no beings on other worlds evidencing the carnage in your eternal hell as a warning to them?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 18:331 edit
    In that quotation that you LOVE so dearly...
    You said it mate...
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 18:584 edits
    You want me to produce "some new arguments" that there are in fact no beings on other worlds evidencing the carnage in your eternal hell as a warning to them?
    That is not your strongest argument.
    You do have a stronger argument which I probably have never completely dealt with.

I am being honest with you.
    it is evident that there are scenes of fearsome punishment of at least some opponents to God's will. And there is scarce little indication that it would be a good idea to join them to discover if the identical same fate would await "lesser" offenders (if such is possible).

I think that you have had a stronger objection than this which I don't think I have ever dealt with as fully as it needs for me.

Of course when someone raises a defense mechanism "Well, your posts are hair-dyer too long anyway. And I probably won't read your waffle" it doesn't encourage me to spend the time to carefully examine your objection.

If this is the effect that you want - to cause the poster not to want to debate, it can be an effective tactic. I won't waste time until someone comes along and asks about the same matter in a manner which indicates a mind willing to examine the problem carefully.

The Bible in fact, is not always easy to understand. Recently in the thread on "The Two Trees" I admitted that I was explaining some things that have aspects that I do not claim to understand that well.

I'm not in the mood today to tell you which of your annihilation arguments I find stronger than this stuff trying to portray Jesus as a Sadist. I am here seeking for the truth like other people.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 19:105 edits
    a thing of the past.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 19:17
    No I don't want you to produce new reasons not to believe the Bible's teaching. But if you want to examine which kind of interpretation is better, your past arguments have long been shown weak.

Arguing that eternal damnation is terrible, and is horrible, and is too ghastly to think about, and is really awful of a concept - is a non starter. We agree th ...[text shortened]... atan's rebellion. We Agree that it is terrible.

We just don't agree that it is non-existent.
    Is that a yes or a no?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 19:18
    That is not your strongest argument.
    You do have a stronger argument which I probably have never completely dealt with.

I am being honest with you.
    it is evident that there are scenes of fearsome punishment of at least some opponents to God's will. And there is scarce little indication that it would be a good idea to join them to discover if the ide ...[text shortened]... is stuff trying to portray Jesus as a Sadist. I am here seeking for the truth like other people.
    You're a strange guy with strange beliefs, but it's Friday night and I really don't care. Just feel free to apologise for calling me a liar if you want to.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 21:07
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    We do tend to try to avoid things we don't like. The thing about God's wrath is that is a
    very horrible thing, just as His love is a very good thing. He doesn't mix the two, when you
    do get one, you get it. So when His mercy is throughout all time, and adding no pain with
    it, His wrath will be as bad as His mercy is good. It isn't surprising that those ...[text shortened]... ver, those found out of it will be
    dealing with results, there are no other options before man.
    Its not about not liking it. Its simply illogical.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 22:10
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Its not about not liking it. Its simply illogical.
    What do you find illogical about casting away those that choose to reject God, instead of
    allowing them into His Kingdom.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Oct '17 03:25
    divegeester: Instead you prefer to blame FMF for the dozens of people you feel he has caused to go to hell.

Do you have a cut and paste quotation for that that I can examine
    divegeester has the detail wrong; you asserted that maybe hundreds - not dozens - of people on this web site will suffer eternal torment as a result of reading my non-Christian posts. You surely remember. Twice before you pretended not to remember saying it. And twice before I showed it to you.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Oct '17 03:54
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    As to the idea of "eternal damnation" (as opposed to the idea of "eternal punishment" ), what do you think happens to those found "wanting" at Judgement? Regardless of their punishment, whether "eternal" or short-lived, are they not "eternally" damned?

I mean anyone who has been in this forum for any length of time at all can tell, you're against this ...[text shortened]... I don't see why they should be conflated.

Or do you think man will escape judgement somehow?
    Hello? Hello?

Is this thing on?

divegeester, I didn't ask you these questions just to hear the "tikki-tak" of my keyboard, you know.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Oct '17 03:56
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Why a sane person would make such a post as that is beyond me. There is nothing apparent about your 'apparently.'

Why not simply ask Dive what he thinks happens to bad people when they die?
    Hey, I tried, and got exactly 'bupkis'.

Next suggestion?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '17 08:43
    a thing of the past.
    I shall ensure none of your strange sayings remain a thing of the past.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '17 08:451 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Hello? Hello?

Is this thing on?

divegeester, I didn't ask you these questions just to hear the "tikki-tak" of my keyboard, you know.
    I'm not avoiding you I just don't respond to posts with multiple questions as the point gets lost and the questioner tends to respond to the answer that suits them. Ask me a question and I'll respond.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree