1. Standard memberXYYZ
    The 'Fett'
    Phx
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 00:50
    Why do Christens always preach eternal damnation to people who question the existence of the biblical God? Because you were told something and now believe it to be true, does NOT make it a fact. It is your opinion and your belief and should not be inferred.
    I've noticed science never gives ultimatums on whether to believe it or not. Physicists never tell you that you're going to fry on a Bunsen burner for eternity just because you have different beliefs.
    This is what a Trump supporter should call 'fake news'.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 02:47
    Originally posted by @xyyz
    Why do Christens always preach eternal damnation to people who question the existence of the biblical God? Because you were told something and now believe it to be true, does NOT make it a fact. It is your opinion and your belief and should not be inferred.
    I've noticed science never gives ultimatums on whether to believe it or not. Physicists never tell ...[text shortened]... because you have different beliefs.
    If you believed it to be a real threat everyone faces, you think you'd be quiet about it?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 02:492 edits
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 03:24
    Originally posted by @sonship
    In other words - you're here chasing Christians down the road begging -

[b] "Oh, Please, Please talk about hell!"
    [/b]
    sonship, your depraved torture god ideology forms the very essence of your supposed moral compass - you refer to it as "perfect morality" - and what you call "ultimate justice". Seeing as the rest of what you talk about is merely regurgitated dogma - that might just as well be Hindu or Scientology or any ideology - for which you seem to have no real-world applications that you can talk about, it's only natural that some people will follow you all the way up the river to your heart of darkness and question you in your guise as Col. Kurtz.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 04:09
    I've noticed science never gives ultimatums on whether to believe it or not. Physicists never tell ...[text shortened]... because you have different beliefs.
    So how do you like yourself, well done or medium rare?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 04:09
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    If you believed it to be a real threat everyone faces, you think you'd be quiet about it?
    I think that a Christian who truly believes that non-Christians will be deliberately tortured in hell for eternity and then spends one minute of their time on this forum, instead of out there preaching to those in danger of that torture has to be a sick and amoral person.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 04:11
    Originally posted by @sonship
    In other words - you're here chasing Christians down the road begging -

"Oh, Please, Please talk about hell!"
    How many people will be suffering eternal hell due to you wasting your time in here?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 04:18
    I believe that a Christian who finds that the teaching of their version God's terrible final judgment helps them greatly to forgive their enemies and those who mistreat them, is a very mixed up individual.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 05:52
    Welcome to the site.

I've never understood the eternal damnation thing with Christanity. It doesn't make sense
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 06:001 edit
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Welcome to the site.

I've never understood the eternal damnation thing with Christanity. It doesn't make sense
    That's because it's not actually part of Christianity, it's a man made teaching based on a handful of scriptures from the more poetic and supymbolic parts of the bible.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 10:041 edit
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Welcome to the site.

We do tend to try to avoid things we don't like. The thing about God's wrath is that is a
    very horrible thing, just as His love is a very good thing. He doesn't mix the two, when you
    do get one, you get it. So when His mercy is throughout all time, and adding no pain with
    it, His wrath will be as bad as His mercy is good. It isn't surprising that those that refuse
    to accept it, also refuse much of the rest of scripture too. The very first doctrine ever
    rejected of God's was the warning of what would come if we turned to evil, and look at
    the results of that choice. His kingdom will endure forever, those found out of it will be
    dealing with results, there are no other options before man.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 12:262 edits
    Why do Christens always preach eternal damnation to people who question the existence of the biblical God?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christians, with whom I have associated with for decades, do not " ALWAYS" preach eternal damnation when speaking of the origin of creation.

What I think is happening is that when eternal damnation IS spoken about it makes such a strong impression on your memory that you explode the matter thinking - " Why do they ALWAYS mention that?"

My guess is that your memory is exaggerating the number of occurrences this has happened to you.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 12:29

Because you were told something and now believe it to be true, does NOT make it a fact. It is your opinion and your belief and should not be inferred.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is important WHO spoke of this matter of eternal damnation. It is significance from whose mouth the world learned of this.

The Person who spoke to the world of eternal punishment was the same Person who spoke the most impressive words of God's love, mercy, longsuffering, pardon, forgiveness, and redemption.

It is significant to many of us that the SAME MOUTH, that of Jesus spoke both matters - "eternal life" and "eternal punishment".

It is WHO is doing the speaking, which adds great significance to the matter - Jesus Who says He is the Son of God. And He acted the part impressively too.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 12:291 edit

I've noticed science never gives ultimatums on whether to believe it or not.

Physicists never tell you that you're going to fry on a Bunsen burner for eternity just because you have different beliefs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That may be true that ultimatum like statements scientists don't make. Though lately Richard Dawkins seems to be making some about the nature of theistic belief.

The mouth that spoke arguably the greatest words about the LOVE of God also spoke about an "eternal sin". This mouth of grace spoke of ALL manner of sins being forgiven, yet there exists an unforgivable "eternal sin".

Apparently, an "eternal sin" must be accompanied by "eternal punishment". It seems like a sin one is stuck in repeating forever. And forever God will let that person know exactly what the eternal God thinks about that person's eternal sin.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 12:292 edits
    Along the way in collecting fascinating facts about how the mechanics of the universe work, it is also important to be reconciled to its Creator and God. It helps me to compare the infinite size and nature of the universe to the infinite moral perfectness of its highest authority - God.

If in your mind you kind of consider the scientific character could be converted into a corresponding moral power of its Author - you may see that being reconciled to God is not an insignificant matter. Not being on the justified and reconciled side of God is not a good option. Being reconciled, justified, and made one with Him is an eternally glorious option.

Through Jesus the Son of God, I can have that and still have many happy hours of studying how the various mechanics of His creation work.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree