1. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '13 13:43
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    just like all arguments with robbie. he cherry picks bits of information that he thinks supports his view and ignores those that conflict. totally unable to take an objective view on anything.
    wow thats bitter.
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 May '13 13:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    wow thats bitter.
    what, the pill you need to swallow?
  3. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    14 May '13 14:15
    Originally posted by sonship
    james and john seem like psychopaths. why is jesus hanging out with dudes like that anyway. doesnt the bible say you should choose your friends wisely?

They got rebuked and they got educated. And they went on to mature and become more representative ambassadors of Christ.

And I would say all who would follow Jesus, start out as incomp ...[text shortened]... We Christians are glad that there is some record about HOW they were perfected by their Master.
    So, eternal torment and damnation, yes or no?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '13 15:481 edit
    what, the pill you need to swallow?
    oh dude waz up, can you not prove that your evaluations are normal, rational, substantiated with empirical evidence or scientific? there there you bad ol putty cat, it will be alright, offer up incense to an effigy of Darwin see if he will come to your aid.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 May '13 15:571 edit
    oh dude waz up, can you not prove that your evaluations are normal, rational, substantiated with empirical evidence or scientific? there there you bad ol putty cat, it will be alright, offer up incense to an effigy of Darwin see if he will come to your aid.
    still waiting in the other thread to find out which is dirtier, public transport or your wifes vagina?

(i bet your wife will be peeved that its taking so long to answer)
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    14 May '13 17:26
    still waiting in the other thread to find out which is dirtier, public transport or your wifes vagina?

I'm sure Mrs Carrobie is delighted that once again her husband is broadcasting to an Internet chess forum that he thinks his wife has a dirty fanny.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '13 17:421 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I'm sure Mrs Carrobie is delighted that once again her husband is broadcasting to an Internet chess forum that he thinks his wife has a dirty fanny.
    I am quite sure those who frequent the spirituality forum are equally aggrieved at the depths of depravity that you and our friend seems to be able to drag it down to.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 May '13 18:15

This kind of language is uncalled for! This brings this forum to a new low...
  9. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    14 May '13 18:34
    james and john seem like psychopaths. why is jesus hanging out with dudes like that anyway. doesnt the bible say you should choose your friends wisely?

They got rebuked and they got educated. And they went on to mature and become more representative ambassadors of Christ.

And I would say all who would follow Jesus, start out as incomp ...[text shortened]... We Christians are glad that there is some record about HOW they were perfected by their Master.
    How do you know that they were rebuked
    and then went on to lead blameless lives?

How do you know that they suddenly after being
    rebuked became role models for the rest of us to
    look at and follow?

Where you there? Did you see them being rebuked?
    Did you see a change later?

No, you didn't. You only know what some other bastard wrote
    and so you take his word for it.

It's hearsay, hearsay is not evidence and it is not admissible
    in a court of law.

Hearsay is not fact and therefore has to be rejected.
    So don't preach about something unless you were there
    and you saw it for yourself.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 May '13 21:306 edits
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody

look at and follow?

No, you didn't. You only know what some other bastard wrote ...[text shortened]... ejected.

First of all it should be obvious that Jesus rebuked them.

Secondly, I didn't say they immediately went on to lead "blameless lives", as if they needed no more correction after this one instance.

John went on to write the three epistles of John which manifest a deep level of maturity.

I don't think it was the last mistake they ever made in that afterwards they were "blameless."

look at and follow?

I didn't say that suddenly they became role models. I don't think a person jumps from 5th grade to 12th grade after one lesson. I don't think a teenage immediately acts like a 32 year old adult after only one correction.

Still they were disciple, perfected as in a relative sense, not in an absolute sense. I suspect until the day they died or were martyred they still considered themselves in need of spiritual growth.

Paul in Philippians said he did not count himself to have arrived at full maturity. But by the time he wrote his letters to Timothy, just before his likely martyrdom, he said he had "finished the course, kept the faith, and run the race"

God's will is that all the disciples be conformed to the image of His Son. And that is the work that the first disciples pioneered to allow Christ to perform upon them.

I was not there of course. By reading the plain text and observing their continued following of the Lord I can see with little problem that they stuck it out and matured.

Do you have evidence that Christ's word to them made no impression upon their lives whatsoever ? What is your evidence for your skepticism ?

This James is not the same James who wrote the NT epistle after the name of James. However, I do believe it the same James who was killed for his faith in Christ.

And the three letters of the disciple John - First, Second, and Third John are wonderful models of a man saturated with the Holy Spirit - completely consecrated to Jesus Christ.

The question may be would you know that if you saw it ?

No, you didn't. You only know what some other bastard wrote
    and so you take his word for it.

The question is would someone like you know spiritual maturity in Jesus Christ if he saw it. You seem to have difficulty in seeing the holiness in the Son of God Himself.

The names of the twelve apostles - including John and James are on the foundation of the New Jerusalem, the consummate glorious city -

"And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb." (Rev. 21:14)

What an honor that the names of John and James and Peter - all imperfect men, will be eternally written on the foundations of the glorious and holy city of God.

I have full confidence that they were sanctified, transformed and conformed to the image of Christ. John for one could not lead where he himself did not go. And his epistles have led probably millions into a deeper walk with Christ.

Don't worry about James and John. You should be more concerned whether johnnylongwood has been saved and entered into the perfecting of the Holy Spirit for that glorious destination of New Jerusalem.

It's hearsay, hearsay is not evidence and it is not admissible
    in a court of law.

Hearsay is not fact and therefore has to be rejected.

Not preaching would be convenient for you because perhaps you love your sinful life and wish not to be bothered by the New Testament Gospel.

But you cannot stop us from preaching nor from causing the faith to grow and spread throughout the world.

And your standard for court room testimony for the New Testament is probably far more stringent than it is for other ancient matters and people which you accept with little problem because you heard it second hand - ie. Alexander the Great, Socrates, Julius Caesar, Homer to name a few.

I bet you do not dismiss them as historical figures. They represent no problem to your living as Jesus Christ the Son of God does. So I reject your outrageous and hypocritical double standard.

Why pretend historical objectivity when basically you're only looking out for your own self willed sin loving skin ?
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 May '13 21:36
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    This kind of language is uncalled for! This brings this forum to a new low...
    What language is uncalled for?
    If not vagina what do you prefer?

What is the problem with people getting up tight about body parts???
  12. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    14 May '13 21:571 edit

First of all it should be obvious that Jesus [b]rebuked
    them.

Secondly, I didn't say they immediately went on to lead "blameless lives", as if they needed no more correction after this one instance.

John went on to write the three epistles of Joh basically you're only looking out for your own self willed sin loving skin ?[/b]
    I know only what I can prove.
    The court works in the same manner.
    I no more believe in your book of fairy tales
    than I do in leprechauns or unicorns.

Some people wrote a bunch of crap and you think that they
    saw holy visions and miracles and now you expect the rest of
    us to take it all on board as if it were real.

If it was real then it would be prevalent today just as it was then.
    But it isn't and so it's not.

Religion divides us. Religion does not unite mankind.
    All it does is cause trouble disagreement and in the worst
    case scenario it causes wars and it is still causing wars today.

No religion has any answers for mankind.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '13 21:584 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    What language is uncalled for?
    If not vagina what do you prefer?

What is the problem with people getting up tight about body parts???
    you find insulting someone's wife palatable? acceptable? likening the cleanliness of her vagina to dirt one finds on public transport?
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 May '13 22:04
    you find insulting my wife palatable? acceptable? likening the cleanliness of her vagina to dirt one finds on public transport? you think that it is perfectly acceptable decorum for a forum dedicated to spirituality?
    I don't think your wife has been insulted.
    I think the question was more about the way you think.
    ie there is a perception that you think sex is dirty.

If the intention was to insult then I do not condone the original post.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '13 22:083 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I don't think your wife has been insulted.
    I think the question was more about the way you think.
    ie there is a perception that you think sex is dirty.

If the intention was to insult then I do not condone the original post.
    i found it deeply insulting, if they had wished to argue rationally why did they need to introduce my wife or her genitals at all, could they not have done it objectively on the basis of some empirical evidence that oral sex should be considered as a clean act? the argument was not about my wife or the cleanliness of her genitalia, why did they need to resort to insulting me and my wife this way?

which is dirtier, public transport or your wifes vagina?

you dont find that insulting?

tell you what, why dont you ask your wife the same question. which is dirtier, public transport or your vagina.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree