1. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 01:46
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Yes, I can read. I just think you're wrong.
    And arrogant. 🙂
    Read over what i wrote and see if you question is appropriate
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    It often seems like poor reading comprehension skills are a prerequisite for believing in "salvation by faith alone".
    Absolutely
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    "Go and sin no more" is a highly debated topic.
    It's not possible to be sin free, unless you are Jesus.
    Clearly you are one who does NOT "believe Jesus".
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 01:47
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Absolutely
    Why don't you two get a room.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 01:49
    We will get a room when you get some English Comprehension lessons
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    Spoken like someone unable to logically refute what either of us have been posting.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    Rajk999's point was that "Jesus said absolutely nothing about believing [b]in His death or any similar nonsense.

When Jesus was preaching His gospel He used the terms "believe Him" and "believe in Him" essentially in three different ways:  
    1) Believe that He has the authority to speak the word of God  
    2) Believe that His words are the word of ...[text shortened]... e them to mean to believe in the "redemptive work on the cross for salvation" or what have you. [/b]
    Nicely said
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 01:59
    Spoken like someone unable to logically refute what either of us have been posting.
    You guys aren't Bible scholars. You're just offering your own interpretation, both of you.
    Why are you right?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 02:02
    You guys aren't Bible scholars. You're just offering your own interpretation, both of you.
    Why are you right?
    Please quote somewhere in the bible where Jesus says to believe in his death and resurrection.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 02:13
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Please quote somewhere in the bible where Jesus says to believe in his death and resurrection.
    If a person doesn't believe in the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus, then are they a Christian?

And....didn't Jesus go out of His way to "prove" His resurrection to the disciples so that they would believe it really happened?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 02:15
    lol. Man, you can be dense.
    "Dense" about what? Your "point" is not difficult to get. I get your "point". You have making this distinction between actually overcoming "evil and wickedness" and trying to overcome "evil and wickedness" ~ and, indeed, the ideology of not having to overcome "evil and wickedness" because 'it can't be done' ~ for a decade or more across maybe hundreds and hundreds of threads. Your "point" is clear. It is not "the point" I wish to discuss.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 02:181 edit
    Why are you right?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 02:21
    If a person doesn't believe in the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus, then are they a Christian?

And....didn't Jesus go out of His way to "prove" His resurrection to the disciples so that they would believe it really happened?
    Did Jesus say someone must be a Christian?
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 02:331 edit
    Why are you right?
    Because we can cite any number of passages wherein the context makes it clear that Jesus used the terms "believe Him" and "believe in Him" in the ways that I delineated. Whereas you cannot cite any wherein the context makes it clear that Jesus used the terms speaking of "believing in His death or any similar nonsense".

If you can cite passages wherein the context makes it clear that Jesus used the terms "believe Him" and "believe in Him" speaking of "believing in His death or any similar nonsense", then do so.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 04:391 edit
    When Jesus was preaching His gospel He used the terms "believe Him" and "believe in Him" essentially in three different ways:  
    1) Believe that He has the authority to speak the word of God  
    2) Believe that His words are the word of e them to mean to believe in the "redemptive work on the cross for salvation" or what have you. 
    In “the words of Jesus”, he claims that he is sent from God. Was he correct?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree