Eternal Life

Eternal Life

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
28 Aug 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
Do you actually think that you have reached the goal of Buddhism-like religions in that you have attained perfect enlightenment and can manifest no higher?

I am thinking that if karma is really "a thing", then no, this isn't your last trip through the 'transmogrifier'**. (And 'the Lord' doesn't really do re-incarnation anyways.)

(**Apologies to Bill Watterson.)
Do you actually think I would answer you? Make up your own mind,you always do. Even my patience is fintie

Moves
30 Aug 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
This is my life last incarnation. Thank the Lord.
You certainly can talk some utter twaddle.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Aug 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Most of the Christians here appear to believe that they are rewarded with eternal life NOT because they live their lives - inspired by Jesus - trying not to be "evil and wicked", but instead they are rewarded with eternal life because they believe they are forgiven - by Jesus, and because of his death - for being "evil and wicked".

Do any Christians dissent from this encapsulation?
Because we live our lives following God's Spirit, doing those works God has for us. This is
the byproduct of salvation. We are saved by Jesus Christ! If you want to think you can do
enough good works to be saved, that is on you and between you and God.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
30 Aug 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Most of the Christians here appear to believe that they are rewarded with eternal life NOT because they live their lives - inspired by Jesus - trying not to be "evil and wicked", but instead they are rewarded with eternal life because they believe they are forgiven - by Jesus, and because of his death - for being "evil and wicked".

Do any Christians dissent from this encapsulation?
Eternal life is not a reward.

Encapsulate that.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Aug 18

Originally posted by @secondson

Encapsulate that.
'Jesus said, "Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or farms, for My sake and for the gospel's sake, but that he will receive a hundred times as much now in the present age, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and farms, along with persecutions; and in the age to come, eternal life.' (Mark 10:29-30).

How is that not a reward of eternal life?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Aug 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
'Jesus said, "Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or farms, for My sake and for the gospel's sake, but that he will receive a hundred times as much now in the present age, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and farms, along with persecutions; and in the age to come, eternal life.' (Mark 10:29-30).

The words of Christ quoted by an atheist must be a lie.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Aug 18

Encapsulate that.
More church nonsense.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Aug 18

God is our greatest reward!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
God is our greatest reward!
Fabricating doctrines is your greatest skill

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
30 Aug 18

Mark 10:26,27
And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

See the verses you quoted in context. Salvation, with men is impossible, but not with God.

In practical terms, let's say I have something you need, but you have no ability or resource to obtain it. How can you have the thing you so desperately need if you have absolutely no ability to have it unless I simply give it to you?

Eternal life is that something that only God has, but there's nothing in man that enables him to obtain it. Man doesn't have the strength or power to take hold of eternal life. No matter what he does.

Salvation was procured for man while he was yet without strength(Romans 5). It's a theological no-brainer. If a man could be good enough to be saved by doing anything, then Jesus' death was in vain.

Rewards are for service and faithfulness in doing the works God gives us to do.

Ephesians 2:8-10
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

It's the best thing going. God saves us by His grace, gives us the work to do, then rewards us for doing them.

Be born again.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
30 Aug 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
And lying about what the Word of God teaches is yours.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
31 Aug 18

Genesis 15:
1 After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
31 Aug 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Genesis 15:
1 After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.
The way the original Greek reads can be seen in Youngs Literal Translation. Here it is

After these things hath the word of Jehovah been unto Abram in a vision, saying, `Fear not, Abram, I am a shield to thee, thy reward is exceeding great.'(Genesis 15:1 YLT)

Nobody gets God as a reward. God rewards those who please Him

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
31 Aug 18
1 edit

Mark 10:26,27
And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

See the verses you quoted in context. Salvation, with men is impossible, but not with God.

In practical terms, let's say I have ...[text shortened]... aves us by His grace, gives us the work to do, then rewards us for doing them.

Be born again.
More church nonsense which completely conflicts with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Jesus said, if you want eternal life then follow the commandments.

Obviously the reward for doing good and living righteously is eternal life.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
31 Aug 18
2 edits

The way the original Greek reads can be seen in Youngs Literal Translation. Here it is

After these things hath the word of Jehovah been unto Abram in a vision, saying, `Fear not, Abram, I am a shield to thee, [b]thy reward is exceeding great.
'(Genesis 15:1 YLT)

Nobody gets God as a reward. God rewards those who please Him[/b]
There are a lot of translations that go both ways, either way, when we have God in our
lives it doesn't get better than that. Nothing He gives compares to the giver.

Which shows how far off you are, you are missing the very best part of God, which is God
in our lives.