1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 04:49
    Originally posted by @fmf
    While I see the relevance, I personally am not interested in the distinction you wish to discuss with people. What I am interested in, though, is the notion of "Grace" - the idea that "forgiveness" renders "evil and wickedness" 'not the issue' ~ instead the issue is 'belief'. My previous comment about the imaginary umbrella illustrates the angle I am interested in.
    We live by grace in heaven. Its an indication of the type of 'existence' that the 'poor in spirit' can expect to fulfill. . . .As far as the end of this life is concerned there is no easy way to say it: you will have to suffer to get to this state of grace. Living righteously will keep you in good stead always.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 04:55
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Why don't you two get a room.
    You shouldn't be so quick to belittle those that seek to teach you. Those who are 'poor in spirit' dpnt engage in this sort of behaviour so readily.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 04:56
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    We live by grace in heaven. Its an indication of the type of 'existence' that the 'poor in spirit' can expect to fulfill. . . .As far as the end of this life is concerned there is no easy way to say it: you will have to suffer to get to this state of grace. Living righteously will keep you in good stead always.
    As ever, you are entitled to assert whatever you want to. Living righteously for me is about the most satisfying and effective way of relating to other people in the years between infancy and death. I have no use for plucked-from-thin-air claims about "heaven" and a "state of grace" or eternal life.

Living righteously will keep me "in good stead" for what?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 04:57
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    You guys aren't Bible scholars. You're just offering your own interpretation, both of you.
    Why are you right?
    Have faith in your own evaluation of the truth according to chaney. Then you will know who is right.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 04:59
    As ever, you are entitled to assert whatever you want to. Living righteously for me is about the most satisfying and effective way of relating to other people in the years between infancy and death. I have no use for plucked-from-thin-air claims about "heaven" and a "state of grace" or eternal life.

You were asking about grace. Just my 2 cents worth. Cheers
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 04:59

good stead for dealing with your suffering on your way to heaven.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 05:06
    What "heaven"?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 05:07
    You were asking about grace. Just my 2 cents worth. Cheers
    So you are appropriating the Christian terminology: "grace"? When you use it does the word mean the same as it does when Christians use it?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 06:04
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Clearly you are one who does NOT "believe Jesus".
    In “the words of Jesus”, he claims that he is sent from God. Was he correct?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 06:54
    What "heaven"?
    What are you a child? Even I run out of patience eventually!! Heaven: As refferred to in the Christian bible as the eternal destination for the 'poor in spirit' . Nirvana. The 5th dimension. ok?
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 06:57
    So you are appropriating the Christian terminology: "grace"? When you use it does the word mean the same as it does when Christians use it?
    Yes . I am using it in the Christian context as I understand it. As you know,not all Christians agree on the meaning of words and texts from the holy bible so I'm not expecting any Christians to back me up here.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 07:44
    What are you a child? Even I run out of patience eventually!! Heaven: As refferred to in the Christian bible as the eternal destination for the 'poor in spirit' . Nirvana. The 5th dimension. ok?
    You believe you are you are going to "heaven"?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 07:46
    Yes . I am using it in the Christian context as I understand it. As you know,not all Christians agree on the meaning of words and texts from the holy bible so I'm not expecting any Christians to back me up here.
    So you believe you are forgiven your "sins" - a kind of undeserved gift - because the Romans executed a Jewish rabbi?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 07:49
    So you've ditched all the pseudy hogwash about reincarnation that you were wittering on about when Dasa used to post?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 07:542 edits
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Jesus was crystal clear. If you want eternal life then keep the comcommandments. Jesus said absolutely nothing about believing in His death or any similar nonsense. Evil people will gravitate to whatever doctrine they think gets them off the hook and relieves them of the requirement of living righteously and doing good works.
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." -- John 3:16, KJV

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree