Eternal punishment

Eternal punishment

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Aug 09

Originally posted by Conrau K
What happened to Moses and Elijah?
Moses died, Elijah was taken into heaven. Enoch was translated. Phillip disappeared. Who knows how many hundreds others were taken or disappeared, which are not mentioned in the Bible. People might be disappearing as we speak and being taken into heaven for whatever reason. They are called exceptions to the rule.

How does that invalidate the rule that the wages of sin is death. At the end of the judgment people/souls who are not worthy of salvation will be destroyed.

MT 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Aug 09

Originally posted by Rajk999
Moses died, Elijah was taken into heaven. Enoch was translated. Phillip disappeared. Who knows how many hundreds others were taken or disappeared, which are not mentioned in the Bible. People might be disappearing as we speak and being taken into heaven for whatever reason. They are called exceptions to the rule.

How does that invalidate the rule that th ...[text shortened]... to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. [/i]
Ok, so you at least believe that not everyone is destroyed. Next question. According to the parable of Lazarus and the rich man, what happened to the rich man after he died?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Aug 09

Originally posted by Conrau K
Ok, so you at least believe that not everyone is destroyed. Next question. According to the parable of Lazarus and the rich man, what happened to the rich man after he died?
He suffered. If you are implying that he suffered for all eternity, then you are wrong. Death must come at some point otherwise the Bible is contradicting itself.

There is a school of thought that that parable is not a true illustration of what happens after death.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Aug 09

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Is it your position that Rajk thus serves as a counterexample to the Bible's claim, demonstrating that it is false?
😀 Do you have an answer here Jaywill?

jb

Moves
07 Aug 09

Originally posted by daniel58
It's no problem I like to post on here and help people if I can, so your parents stopped going to church after you moved? So what do you consider yourself now?
I went to sunday school with my stepbrother in New Mexico. We then moved back to Wyoming. My parents did not attend church. My stepbrother got married shortly after that and I didn't go to church again until highschool. That was short lived because I didn't buy into a lot of the teachings. My mom became a Jehovahs Witness a couple of years after that. I studied with them but again the teachings and scholar missquotes quickly had me moving on again. I do believe in God but I see no proof anyone else has the " true religion". I take after my grandpa in that he believed in God but people don't know as much about it as they lead on.

rc

Moves
07 Aug 09
2 edits

Originally posted by joe beyser
I went to sunday school with my stepbrother in New Mexico. We then moved back to Wyoming. My parents did not attend church. My stepbrother got married shortly after that and I didn't go to church again until highschool. That was short lived because I didn't buy into a lot of the teachings. My mom became a Jehovahs Witness a couple of years after that. I s grandpa in that he believed in God but people don't know as much about it as they lead on.
i just met a couple who visited my congregation in little old kirkintilloch, north Glasgow from Wyoming only last Tuesday, they are awesome. Bro and sister Cruz is their name, and they had a very pretty American girl with them, very tall and skinny, called Carly Maclean. They attend a kingdom hall in Rawlins? and told me that there are coyotes and everything there. i love Americans, most of the ones that i have met are very open and sincere, totally unaffected and unassuming.

i was really interested in the native Americans and they said that there are many and one or two congregations on the reservations, but that many of the native Americans have their own problems. what i thought was that, all the interviews i have seen with native Americans is that they have great interest and respect for the environment, and I thought that a paradise earth may appeal to them.

jb

Moves
07 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i just met a couple who visited my congregation in little old kirkintilloch, north Glasgow from Wyoming only last Tuesday, they are awesome. Bro and sister Cruz is their name, and they had a very pretty American girl with them, very tall and skinny, called Carly Maclean. They attend a kingdom hall in Rawlins? and told me that there are coyotes and e ...[text shortened]... , most of the ones that i have met are very open and sincere, totally unaffected and unassuming.
I put a comment on the free for all thread in the debate forum for you concerning the Scotts. I could live there. I don't know the Cruz family. I put that comment on there a month or two ago. It was in response to one of your posts on a thread that I don't remember now. We were treated very well in Scottland! I sometimes wonder if modern society is a step backwards to what the indians had. I married a native gal, so I have learned a great deal about their culture. We do pretty well as long as the family doesn't try making me an indian.🙂

rc

Moves
07 Aug 09
3 edits

I put a comment on the free for all thread in the debate forum for you concerning the Scotts. I could live there. I don't know the Cruz family. I put that comment on there a month or two ago. It was in response to one of your posts on a thread that I don't remember now. We were treated very well in Scottland! I sometimes wonder if modern society is a ste ...[text shortened]... out their culture. We do pretty well as long as the family doesn't try making me an indian.🙂
really, you came to our humble little island. where were you my friend? oh and give my regards to your mom, its always nice to hear of faithful ones!

wow i just re read your post, you married a native gal, how cool is that! was it a traditional what can i say, American wedding, or a native one, or a mixture of both.

i married a Pakistani girl and our wedding lasted seven days, no joke, seven days of dancing and singing, and feasting. there was some peculiar customs that needed to be headed as well.

jb

Moves
08 Aug 09

really, you came to our humble little island. where were you my friend? oh and give my regards to your mom, its always nice to hear of faithful ones!

wow i just re read your post, you married a native gal, how cool is that! was it a traditional what can i say, American wedding, or a native one, or a mixture of both.

i married a Pakistani gir ...[text shortened]... ing and singing, and feasting. there was some peculiar customs that needed to be headed as well.
It was a mixture of both. We didn't get the drummers but there were other customs that was incorporated.

d

Moves
08 Aug 09

I went to sunday school with my stepbrother in New Mexico. We then moved back to Wyoming. My parents did not attend church. My stepbrother got married shortly after that and I didn't go to church again until highschool. That was short lived because I didn't buy into a lot of the teachings. My mom became a Jehovahs Witness a couple of years after that. I s ...[text shortened]... grandpa in that he believed in God but people don't know as much about it as they lead on.
So what was your mom or parents before?

rc

Moves
08 Aug 09
1 edit

It was a mixture of both. We didn't get the drummers but there were other customs that was incorporated.
its really interesting and i am dying to know, but its perhaps a little personal for a public forum. perhaps if you have a mind you may expound on the culture, the difficulties, the hopes and aspirations etc etc.

jb

Moves
08 Aug 09

Originally posted by daniel58
So what was your mom or parents before?
They weren't religious before. My mom and stepdad both were baptized as a JW, my biological dad is not religious and does not believe in god.

jb

Moves
08 Aug 09

its really interesting and i am dying to know, but its perhaps a little personal for a public forum. perhaps if you have a mind you may expound on the culture, the difficulties, the hopes and aspirations etc etc.
Give me a little time on this one so I can give you an accurate picture.

rc

Moves
08 Aug 09

Give me a little time on this one so I can give you an accurate picture.
sure thing, but i always been interested in native American culture, it stems from when i was a kid and i used to watch Grizzly Adams on t.v, and i wanted a house in the mountains and a bear and a Native American friend to visit me. 🙂

d

Moves
08 Aug 09

They weren't religious before. My mom and stepdad both were baptized as a JW, my biological dad is not religious and does not believe in god.
God, you do capitalize God right?