1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 Aug '06 14:49
    Originally posted by Starrman
    How can you possibly know that the same devil did not also decieve you into believing in what you call GOD? What if it is all an extremely elaborate hoax? Who could you have any way of knowing if from the day you were born you are part of his deception?
    Also, history is written by the winner. How do you know that the 'good guy' was god? You only have his word, (or more correctly the words of the people that came a few hundred years after the people who thought they had heard His word {and what's with the gender by the way? somehow I cant quite see a vast multidimensional, omnipresent, creator of universes, god having a 'piece'}) that he was the good guy, the creator, and that Lucifer (or whatever you want to call him/her/it) was the bad guy. Did you know that the Eskimos believe that heaven is 'down' where it is warm and that hell is up where it is eternally freezing?
  2. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '06 01:44
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Also, history is written by the winner. How do you know that the 'good guy' was god? You only have his word, (or more correctly the words of the people that came a few hundred years after the people who thought they had heard His word {and what's with the gender by the way? somehow I cant quite see a vast multidimensional, omnipresent, creator of univers ...[text shortened]... hat heaven is 'down' where it is warm and that hell is up where it is eternally freezing?
    are you saying you believe god is real? i thought you were athiest.
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '06 11:021 edit
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    are you saying you believe god is real? i thought you were athiest.
    No I am very definately an athiest, but I like playing 'devils advocate' (critical thinking being essential to try to eliminate errors from theories), the point being that even if you allow that the bible was written by people with supernatural inspiration, how do you know that the supernatural entity that provided this inspiration was the 'good guy'? Particularly as the bible contains thing's like, 'you shall not suffer a witch to live', and at various points extols stoning (while still saying thou shalt not kill/murder).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree