1. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 04:59
    Welcome to the final stages of of the battle between good and evil.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 06:02
    Originally posted by royaltystatement
    You mean we can look forward to the end of your posts soon?
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 06:561 edit
    why does everyone think the end of the world is coming?
    Edit: every crazy and or paranoid person
  4. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 08:32
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I doubt it, I imagine there's a special interent cafe waiting for us in hell with these forums mirrored on it and only his posts to see for all eternity.
  5. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 11:44
    Originally posted by royaltystatement
    You are stuttering. Are you nervous about the advent of armageddon?
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 16:11
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    because they beleive that we (they) are special. every generation has beleived it's self to be special, optomists beleive that they are at the height, or are about to reach the heights of spiritual or technological nirvana, and paesimists think that this will be the time of downfall disaster and armeggedon. for any random generation the odds are heavilly stacked against either of these happening, assuming of course that they are possible.
  7. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 18:19
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    because they beleive that we (they) are special. every generation has beleived it's self to be special, optomists beleive that they are at the height, or are about to reach the heights of spiritual or technological nirvana, and paesimists think that this will be the time of downfall disaster and armeggedon. for any random generation the odds are heavilly stacked against either of these happening, assuming of course that they are possible.
    And every generation tends to interpret the “prophecies” according to their own vantage point in history. When the “end” fails to become manifest in that generation, the word “soon” is reinterpreted in terms of a cosmic timescale and becomes so relative as to be meaningless... (After all, the early church expected Christ’s second coming “soon”—two millennia ago.)

Of course, not all Christians are imminent end-time armageddonists.
  8. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 18:35
    Originally posted by vistesd
    And every generation tends to interpret the “prophecies” according to their own vantage point in history. When the “end” fails to become manifest in that generation, the word “soon” is reinterpreted in terms of a cosmic timescale and becomes so relative as to be meaningless... (After all, the early church expected Christ’s second coming “soon”—two millennia ago.)

Of course, not all Christians are imminent end-time armageddonists.
    well it isnt happening "soon", but maybe leading up to the beginning of it.
  9. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 18:56
    well it isnt happening "soon", but maybe leading up to the beginning of it.
    Okay, I spoke too narrowly, and stand corrected. I should have said something like, “In each generation, those who are interested in end-time scenarios seem to view the ‘signs’ from their own vantage point in history (and perhaps inescapably so?).” Nevertheless, the “signs” do seem to be moving targets across generations.

BTW, I don’t think people who buy into end-time scenarios are necessarily paranoid or crazy: there are probably people whose religion includes apocalyptic beliefs, but who (while subscribing to them in a general way) do not themselves obsess about it or even spend a lot of time thinking about it.
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 20:50
    I don't think the end of the world is coming.
  11. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 21:07
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    are you crazy or paranoid? .... i take that back
  12. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 23:06
    Originally posted by rwingett
    No, you can look forward to the rapture of the church and the beginning of the Tribulation. In which time the devil will establish his unholy trinity, Himself, the Antichrist, and the false prophet.
    Look at the times, wars and rumors of wars. The incline of the American standard of living. This country will be one of the key elements that will pinpoint the beginning of the Tribulation because this country will be facing harsh times and it will no longer be considered the richest most powerful country because the time of the depression will be repeated.
    This is true partly because we are governed by a president who doesn't know a crap about what he is talking about.
    When asked "What do you suggest about the new car bombing in Iraq which killed about 15 people"
    George answered "I know that there are still AL-Quida cells in Iraq and we need more(shrugging his shoulders) more troops"
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 23:09
    are you crazy or paranoid? .... i take that back
    You're out to get me, aren't you?!? Just admit it. Arrrghhh. Dog-burgers. Millenium hand and shrimp.
  14. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 23:12
    You're out to get me, aren't you?!? Just admit it. Arrrghhh. Dog-burgers. Millenium hand and shrimp.
    I'm posting my opinions the same way everyone is posting their opinions. Still, it is your fault that my opinions contridict yours, but doesn't that make a good forum?
  15. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 23:18
    Then how do you interpret the chrisis which is occuring all over the world? Why does the new ten dollar bill have the sign of the Masonic Illuminati on it? why are we even here contridicting and trying to prove each other wrong? Why is there a church? I have come to hold a hate for all evil, as I should, but also I hold a minute admiration for men such as Scientists and Athiests who persistently believe in the fact that there is no GOD. I also admire you determination and though I know that in the end your beliefs will be your final flaw, I respect the fact that you have come to hold to the truths of your fellow HUMANS so dilligently.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree