Everything from nothing

Everything from nothing

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
20 Aug 15
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
For one thing, there was energy before the universe existed. Whether you want to call it god or the big bang, both would have to had manipulated energy to get the results we see today.

We know energy is just matter inverted, so if you slam enough energy together you will in fact create matter from nothing but energy. Matter comes out of energy like butt ...[text shortened]... t was a godless concentration of energy in the big bang, the result is the same, lots of matter.
You have not explained anything, but have made way for hundreds of questions.

Question you have no answers for.

Like for instance: explain the existence of consciousness and reproduction in trillions of life forms, when science cannot even create 1 little ant.

Moves
20 Aug 15

Originally posted by Dasa
When the Lord throws fairy glitter and twinkle dust up into space he creates a universe with abundant conscious life.

How did science create the universe and conscious life.
Who claims science has created the universe and conscious life? Are you high? 🙄

Moves
20 Aug 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
No, God always was, is, and always will be.
I don't understand. Nothing can happen without time. To have even a single thought you need time, however brief the thought may be, say, let there be light. This means that god exists in his own spacetime? A sortof eternal superuniverse to our own, with a single, lonely, eternal, superintelligent resident? Hmm. 😕

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
20 Aug 15
1 edit

When the Lord throws fairy glitter and twinkle dust up into space he creates a universe with abundant conscious life.

As noted By C Hess, Science didn't create the universe, and nobody with any credible academic background would make any claim to the contrary.

And as for why we haven't been creating little ants, as you keep asking ... set up a system where for the right conditions, the non-convergence of that systems' state to one that contains ants is improbable, and I guarantee you that if you give us enough time, and enough trials to attain such a condition set (say a billion years or so, with an unfathomable number of trials every day), you'll get your ants.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Aug 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
I'm not sure that I understand either your question as written, or what you mean by it.
The Big Bang and God sound close to one another but they are not. The Big Bang has
no reason to happen if you ask the question where did everything come from, since with
the Big Bang something was there to "Bang" so the process is not answered but avoided.

With God who is not part of the universe but created it I can get, He always was, is, and
always will be. He acts and we have this universe He put together in a few days.

So something from nothing, outside of God isn't answered, it is avoided, or answered with
yet again another process on going. The Big bang has the parts in place to do what they
claim is the only important part when we look at the universe, it doesn't answer where the
parts come from.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Aug 15

Originally posted by shavixmir
Did God come from nothing?
God didn't come from anything or anyone, He is eternal in the past, He is here the present,
and He always will be. No one I know dates God's age, but everyone is always telling us
how old this place is and all that is in it, we know that this place cannot have been here
forever.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Aug 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
We have no frame of reference for grasping the concepts of

a) infinite eternity past which preexisted time/human history; b) infinite eternity future which will still exist when human history is concluded; or c) the infinite preexistence of God who always existed and whose existence encapsulates finite time. Yet He made it possible for depraved mank ...[text shortened]... h reference to "eternity" represent language of accommodation: eternity simply is........
We are limited to one point in time "now" and since its beginning is no different than its end
it is hard for us to grasp reality without a beginning and end. You remove the beginning from
the end with now do we even have time?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Aug 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
For one thing, there was energy before the universe existed. Whether you want to call it god or the big bang, both would have to had manipulated energy to get the results we see today.

We know energy is just matter inverted, so if you slam enough energy together you will in fact create matter from nothing but energy. Matter comes out of energy like butt ...[text shortened]... t was a godless concentration of energy in the big bang, the result is the same, lots of matter.
So when I ask where did everything come from you instead of God say energy always was?
What piece of reality did you look at to come up with that?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Aug 15

Near as I can tell, no one ever said science created anything.

Moves
21 Aug 15

So when I ask where did everything come from you instead of God say energy always was?
What piece of reality did you look at to come up with that?
Well, we know for a fact that energy exists. Can't say the same for god(s). It also appears that we can't destroy or create new energy, but only convert energy into different forms. Sounds like it could just be eternal.

Moves
21 Aug 15
1 edit

The Big Bang and God sound close to one another but they are not. The Big Bang has
no reason to happen if you ask the question where did everything come from, since with
the Big Bang something was there to "Bang" so the process is not answered but avoided.

With God who is not part of the universe but created it I can get, He always was, is, and
always ...[text shortened]... only important part when we look at the universe, it doesn't answer where the
parts come from.
Saying god always was, is and always will be, without any evidence of a being that always was, is and always will be, without even a hint of this being's existence except in our own imaginings, I'm sorry, is no answer at all, just pure, unfounded speculation. You can't even explain why this being exists alone in his own eternal spacetime. Which is more likely? That an eternal spacetime exists with one eternal god mind in it, capable of thinking new universes into existence, or one (eternal spacetime) lacking any form of intelligence, where universe spawning events are as common and random as star spawning events in our own spacetime?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by C Hess
Saying god always was, is and always will be, without any evidence of a being that always was, is and always will be, without even a hint of this being's existence except in our own imaginings, I'm sorry, is no answer at all, just pure, unfounded speculation. You can't even explain why this being exists alone in his own eternal spacetime. Which is more likely ...[text shortened]... universe spawning events are as common and random as star spawning events in our own spacetime?
I freely admit God is faith, but I'll also submit every opinion about the beginning is too.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by C Hess
Well, we know for a fact that energy exists. Can't say the same for god(s). It also appears that we can't destroy or create new energy, but only convert energy into different forms. Sounds like it could just be eternal.
Yes, energy exists....you don't think that is part of everything?

Moves
21 Aug 15

I freely admit God is faith, but I'll also submit every opinion about the beginning is too.
Occam's razor.

Moves
21 Aug 15

Yes, energy exists....you don't think that is part of everything?
Yes, it could be the eternal part.