1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 01:433 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    [b]"What I believe is that if babies [b]die with cancer, then it is because they are sinners.[/b]

are you saying that not all babies are born with sin or that all babies are born with sin? if it is the latter and all babies are born with sin then why do some get cancer and some not?[/b]
    A baby can not sin, so the baby can't be a sinner. A baby just does what babies do. So your belief is wrong.

A baby being born with cancer is no different from a baby born with spherocytosis. It is hereditary in both cases.

Natural history of hereditary spherocytosis during the first year of life

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10627440
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 04:17
    Cancer is an aberration and part of the curse of the fall and the curse extends to the creation as well. Any human born is a son or daughter of Adam and hence have the sin nature or propensity to sin and will eventually sin. However I don't think God is punishing anyone even a child if they get cancer although He allows it to happen. This however is where I just trust God and His sovereignty as I believe God is good and just. However I can't answer for God in this area. He does promise that one day He will erase the curse and make all things new and this old order of things will be no more. No more death or evil or entropy

Manny
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 19:21
    Fabian,
    If cancer is evil when it is based on judgement, then is Life without parol evil for judging murder? Is jail time evil for judging theft? Is then man evil because of incarceration of criminals? Should we let murderers go free to continue murdering? If not, then why should we not be warned about God's ability to judge us for our sin?
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 04:28
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Fabian,
    If cancer is evil when it is based on judgement, then is Life without parol evil for judging murder? Is jail time evil for judging theft? Is then man evil because of incarceration of criminals? Should we let murderers go free to continue murdering? If not, then why should we not be warned about God's ability to judge us for our sin?
    You start with a condition "If cancer is evil". Then the rest of you question make sense only if I agree with your condition. I don't.

Cancer is mindless, it cannot punish anyone, it does not say that this person deserves to die.

But the creator of cancer if evil if it was created with the purpous to punish a sinner. And as everyone are sinners, then cancer can punish everyone. That's the reason that cancer exists. Says some cristians. I don't agree.

So forgive me not to answer the rest of your question because I cannot believe and worship an evil god. And only an evil god can create cancer. So you really have to ask someone else this question.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 08:54
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You start with a condition "If cancer is evil". Then the rest of you question make sense only if I agree with your condition. I don't.

Cancer is mindless, it cannot punish anyone, it does not say that this person deserves to die.

But the creator of cancer if evil if it was created with the purpous to punish a sinner. And as everyone are sinners, the ...[text shortened]... d. And only an evil god can create cancer. So you really have to ask someone else this question.
    God did not create cancer, numbnuts! Genesis chapter 1 tells us what God created and it was all good. Read it, numbnuts!
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 09:08
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    God did not create cancer, numbnuts! Genesis chapter 1 tells us what God created and it was all good. Read it, numbnuts!
    Does it say, dumbnut, everything that he didn't create, dumbnut? Don't you know your own dumbnut bible? Or didn't you find andy youtube about it, dumbnut?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 18:20
    Does it say, dumbnut, everything that he didn't create, dumbnut? Don't you know your own dumbnut bible? Or didn't you find andy youtube about it, dumbnut?
    Yes, numbnuts. Everything that is not good, God did not create. So is cancer good or evil?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 19:03
    Yes, numbnuts. Everything that is not good, God did not create. So is cancer good or evil?
    Well, if there is something your so-called god did not create, then it wouldn't be omniscient then would it?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 19:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well, if there is something your so-called god did not create, then it wouldn't be omniscient then would it?
    Why not?
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 20:21
    Does it really say that in the dumbnut bible, dumbnut? Read it again, dumbnut, and give the dumbnut ref again, dumbnut.

Or you can just grow up some.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 20:36
    Does it really say that in the dumbnut bible, dumbnut? Read it again, dumbnut, and give the dumbnut ref again, dumbnut.

Or you can just grow up some.
    I get your point. I just added "numbnuts" for emphasis to my statement. Do not take it personally.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 21:081 edit
    I get your point. I just added "numbnuts" for emphasis to my statement. Do not take it personally.
    How could I not take it personal, dumbnut!
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 23:06
    How could I not take it personal, dumbnut!
    Ha, ha. That dumbnut is a funny one.
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 23:141 edit
    Why don't we turn over a new leaf going into the high holy days, and cease with the disparaging name calling of one another. It benefits no one, and effects your witness. Just a thought.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree