Evil intelligent design of cancer!

Evil intelligent design of cancer!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Mar 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
if a baby dies of cancer you say its because they were born a sinner. that would mean we are all born sinners.......so why does one baby die and not another. surely all babies should die or non. what difference is there between baby 'a' and baby 'b'?

also, if god didnt create sin then who set the laws that govern how sin can interact with the human body? what dictates how and what diseases are created via sin?
‘The Lord is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.’

(Numbers 14:18 NIV)

Parents are not to be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their parents; each will die for their own sin.

(Deuteronomy 24:16 NIV)

Moves
21 Mar 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
[b]‘The Lord is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.’

Parents are not to be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their parents; each will die for their own sin.

(Deuteronomy 24:16 NIV)[/b]
doesnt even begin to answer the question.

Moves
22 Mar 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
if a baby dies of cancer you say its because they were born a sinner. that would mean we are all born sinners.......so why does one baby die and not another. surely all babies should die or non. what difference is there between baby 'a' and baby 'b'?

also, if god didnt create sin then who set the laws that govern how sin can interact with the human body? what dictates how and what diseases are created via sin?
any theist wishing to take a stab???

K

Moves
25 Mar 14

Fabian,
I thought of another possible reason for cancer in humans. . .

For all I know, the curse after Adam and Eve sinned may have included disease. So, God doesn't have to directly put cancer in someone.

I have heard, if I understand correctly, that body cells go out of control in replication and turn into cancer or make cancer during replication.

K

Moves
25 Mar 14

StellSpal,
Why should God have to kill us all with cancer? Or why should everyone have to die of cancer? It is not a requirement by God.

K

Moves
25 Mar 14

StellSpal,
I am not sure that sin creates any diseases. Perhaps, diseases exist because of human's being sinners as a judgement, but not because sin did the creating.

If you want to, do a Greek and Hebrew study on what sin is defined as. One place to look is http://www.blueletterbible.org

K

Moves
25 Mar 14

StelSpal,
Maybe RJHinds was trying to point out that, with the Israelites, other people can suffer because of their ancestors sins.

Moves
25 Mar 14

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
StellSpal,
Why should God have to kill us all with cancer? Or why should everyone have to die of cancer? It is not a requirement by God.
the point is aimed at people who believe cancer is a result of mans sins and therefore babies who develop cancer do so because of their sin. if you dont agree with this view then kudos, but im afraid some christians do.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
25 Mar 14

"Healed of Cancer" by Dodie Osteen

http://hopefaithprayer.com/books/Healed%20of%20Cancer%20-%20Osteen.pdf

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Mar 14
1 edit

[b]‘The Lord is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.’

(Deuteronomy 24:16 NIV)[/b]
Just out of curiosity, exactly when does a fetus get to be a sinner? Is it a sinner before the sperm reaches the egg? Is the egg a sinner? Is sperm a sinner already? Is the zygote a sinner when it is composed of 8 cells? When exactly is sinning injected into the zygote?

BTW, I thought you said christians don't follow the OT. If that is the case, why are you quoting OT verses? Do you follow them or not?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Mar 14
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Just out of curiosity, exactly when does a fetus get to be a sinner? Is it a sinner before the sperm reaches the egg? Is the egg a sinner? Is sperm a sinner already? Is the zygote a sinner when it is composed of 8 cells? When exactly is sinning injected into the zygote?

BTW, I thought you said christians don't follow the OT. If that is the case, why are you quoting OT verses? Do you follow them or not?
A person becomes a sinner when God says so, it is not up to me to decide.

I quote the OT because it is part of the Holy Bible. Jesus quoted the OT too.

F

Moves
27 Mar 14

A person becomes a sinner when God says so, it is not up to me to decide.
That is why I cannot ever be a christian.

It doesn't matter what you do, or what you don't. If god says you are a sinner, and will burn in hell for eternity, then you cannot do anything about it. The christian god is cruel.

I'm glad that I'm not a christian.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Mar 14

Originally posted by FabianFnas
That is why I cannot ever be a christian.

It doesn't matter what you do, or what you don't. If god says you are a sinner, and will burn in hell for eternity, then you cannot do anything about it. The christian god is cruel.

I'm glad that I'm not a christian.
Not really, for the Christian God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

F

Moves
27 Mar 14

Not really, for the Christian God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 3:16
So says your dogma.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Mar 14

Originally posted by FabianFnas
So says your dogma.
It gives us hope, if nothing more. But you, by rejecting it, are without hope and doomed to die in your sins.