1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jun '15 22:11
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What are you talking about? Since when are bears accused of murder? The bald guy just asked for justice. You might complain that the manner of justice was harsh and without compassion, but I doubt it rises to the level of murder.
    So for you, the murder of a large number of children whose only sin was to mock an adult, it is ok to kill them, DON'T EVER MOCK ADULTS. That is your motto, it appears, otherwise they get killed.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 00:42
    Odin is the god and the judge, so how can god the judge passing a judgment for wrongs be evil?
    does it matter who passes the judgement?

let's change that little fact. let's assume odin is in fact a human, passing judgement. frank is called bald and as a punishment odin declares that 42 children from that town should be killed by bears and the punishment is carried out as odin wants..

evil or not?
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 00:43
    What are you talking about? Since when are bears accused of murder? The bald guy just asked for justice. You might complain that the manner of justice was harsh and without compassion, but I doubt it rises to the level of murder.
    the murder was done by odin, true.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 08:25
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So for you, the murder of a large number of children whose only sin was to mock an adult, it is ok to kill them, DON'T EVER MOCK ADULTS. That is your motto, it appears, otherwise they get killed.
    I didn't say that.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 08:28
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    does it matter who passes the judgement?

let's change that little fact. let's assume odin is in fact a human, passing judgement. frank is called bald and as a punishment odin declares that 42 children from that town should be killed by bears and the punishment is carried out as odin wants..

evil or not?
    Well, it seems extreme to me. However, I am not the judge and who am i to judge the judge?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 08:32
    the murder was done by odin, true.
    I don't know. Maybe, it is manslaughter. I need to hear the witnesses and the lawyers as well as the judge. Innocent until proven guilty, I say. 😏
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 21:35
    Well, it seems extreme to me. However, I am not the judge and who am i to judge the judge?
    "Well, it seems extreme to me"
    making a fuss that the starbucks kid put too much milk in your latte is extreme. killing 42 children is beyond that. slightly

"However, I am not the judge and who am i to judge the judge?"
    are you saying you lack the intelligence to form an opinion on 42 children being killed on an insult? scratch that. on 42 children being killed for whatever reason?

gotcha.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 21:38
    so far, i told a story about 42 children being killed, deliberately and only 2 people said "duh, obviously it is an evil act and the person responsible for it is evil"
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 23:17
    "Well, it seems extreme to me"
    making a fuss that the starbucks kid put too much milk in your latte is extreme. killing 42 children is beyond that. slightly

"However, I am not the judge and who am i to judge the judge?"
    are you saying you lack the intelligence to form an opinion on 42 children being killed on an insult? scratch that. on 42 children being killed for whatever reason?

gotcha.
    Innocent until proven guilty. Right or wrong?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 23:17
    so far, i told a story about 42 children being killed, deliberately and only 2 people said "duh, obviously it is an evil act and the person responsible for it is evil"
    I though it was the bears.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 08:09
    Innocent until proven guilty. Right or wrong?
    so you think the story might be false? that Odin didn't really do what the story (as told by me) said it did?

i took it from Odin's holy book, which says everything in Odin's holy book is true.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 08:10
    I though it was the bears.
    the bears were the tool of the murder. nobody is putting guns on trial.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 22:01
    sure, me first i can agree to that

i say it is evil because a non-zero amount of children were murdered. and just in case there is a misunderstanding, it was deliberate, and it was not self defense

your turn
    Are you saying the bear is guilty of murder? Was it premeditated, or was it an act of passion?

I'm not quite sure how to address the issue of good and evil in this context. Perhaps you can provide a more concrete example of something less allegorical.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Jun '15 00:05
    Originally posted by josephw
    Are you saying the bear is guilty of murder? Was it premeditated, or was it an act of passion?

I'm not quite sure how to address the issue of good and evil in this context. Perhaps you can provide a more concrete example of something less allegorical.
    "Are you saying the bear is guilty of murder?"
    nobody said that. nobody sane anyway.

"I'm not quite sure how to address the issue of good and evil in this context."
    a hypothetical prophet asked his hypothetical god to judge some hypothetical children for mocking his bald head. the hypothetical god overreacted (slightly) and killed 42 children with bears.

was it evil or not? why is this hard to address? i can't be more concrete than this.

of course, we all know you are trying to delay your answer until i get bored and give up. if you don't want to answer, you can always call me evil for mocking god as suzianne did.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Jun '15 11:36
    "Are you saying the bear is guilty of murder?"
    nobody said that. nobody sane anyway.

"I'm not quite sure how to address the issue of good and evil in this context."
    a hypothetical prophet asked his hypothetical god to judge some hypothetical children for mocking his bald head. the hypothetical god overreacted (slightly) and killed 42 children with bea ...[text shortened]... ve up. if you don't want to answer, you can always call me evil for mocking god as suzianne did.
    ".., we all know you are trying to delay your answer until i get bored and give up."

Well, I really don't think "you all know" what I'm doing, since I'm trying to figure that out my own self! 😉 Please don't ever give up. If you want to know one thing about me know this; I never give up. I don't think you should either.

"..,you can always call me evil..."

Wouldn't do that. You're not evil. Satan is the personification of evil. People do things that can be said to be evil. I think it's a dangerous thing to assume someone, besides Satan, is evil in that sense.

You're asking me to acknowledge and attribute evil to a hypothetical situation. If it were merely a hypothetical I would have to agree. But that's not really what you're driving at is it?

You're convinced that God is not real, so the stories in the Bible to you are fictitious and mythological, and anyone that believes them is impoverished intellectually and morally when they fail to agree with your beliefs.

Something is wrong here wouldn't you agree?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree