1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Jun '15 15:47
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]".., we all know you are trying to delay your answer until i get bored and give up."

Well, I really don't think "you all know" what I'm doing, since I'm trying to figure that out my own self! 😉 Please don't ever give up. If you want to know one thing about me know this; I never give up. I don't think you should either.

"..,you can always cal ...[text shortened]... orally when they fail to agree with your beliefs.

Something is wrong here wouldn't you agree?
    "You're asking me to acknowledge and attribute evil to a hypothetical situation"
    yes.
    ramsay bolton is not real, yet we can safely say he is evil. so is the witch who ate children from Hansel and Gretel. We can judge fictional characters to be evil or not evil based on the fictional deeds they commit.

" If it were merely a hypothetical I would have to agree."
    if it is hypothetical you agree it is evil? what if it is real?
    is this act's evil nature change if the act is real instead of hypothetical?
    the act remains the same.

"You're convinced that God is not real, so the stories in the Bible to you are fictitious and mythological, and anyone that believes them is impoverished intellectually and morally when they fail to agree with your beliefs.
    Something is wrong here wouldn't you agree?"
    yes, everything you assumed about me in this paragraph. yet it doesn't have any relevance towards judging the act i described in the original post evil or not.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    16 Jun '15 16:01
    I've seen multiple threads where Christians refuse to answer very simple hypothetical questions about their faith, because they realize that answering those questions would mean they'd have to acknowledge serious flaws in their beliefs.

The adamant refusal of these Christians to answer these simple hypothetical questions speaks volumes.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Jun '15 17:49
    Originally posted by vivify
    I've seen multiple threads where Christians refuse to answer very simple hypothetical questions about their faith, because they realize that answering those questions would mean they'd have to acknowledge serious flaws in their beliefs.

The adamant refusal of these Christians to answer these simple hypothetical questions speaks volumes.
    Wrong!

I refuse to answer because it's just a ploy. A ploy like the one you're posing now. Ploys are made by those who think they're cunning and clever, but they're not. They are as transparent and obvious as the noonday sun.

This isn't a child's game. Grow up!
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jun '15 17:551 edit

This will be dismissed - deflected, that is - as being cunning and clever.

edit: oops, josephw beat me to it.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Jun '15 18:12
    Originally posted by FMF

Are you going to say that the OP isn't a ploy?
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    16 Jun '15 18:32
    Wrong!

I refuse to answer because it's just a ploy. A ploy like the one you're posing now. Ploys are made by those who think they're cunning and clever, but they're not. They are as transparent and obvious as the noonday sun.

This isn't a child's game. Grow up!
    If it was only this OP, then maybe I could let that slide. However, any and EVERY hypothetical that could possibly could put Christianity in a negative light if answered, always seems to be attacked by Christians for five pages before any answer is attempted...if any answer is attempted at all.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jun '15 21:47
    If it was only this OP, then maybe I could let that slide. However, any and EVERY hypothetical that could possibly could put Christianity in a negative light if answered, always seems to be attacked by Christians for five pages before any answer is attempted...if any answer is attempted at all.
    I didn't see you attempt an answer. 😏
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Jun '15 07:22
    Let what slide? I just got done telling you why you think you never get an answer.

When I hear an honest question I'll let you know.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '15 10:03
    Let what slide? I just got done telling you why you think you never get an answer.

a question is a question. it can be incomplete, to which i ask: do you need more information to decide if what odin did was evil or not?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Jun '15 14:14
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    a question is a question. it can be incomplete, to which i ask: do you need more information to decide if what odin did was evil or not?
    No. I don't need more information. I need clarity and truth.

Quite frankly, I don't believe a mere mortal has the right to judge between good and evil. That's why we Christians turn to the Word of God to define what is good and evil.

Fundamentally, if one thinks that a perfect being is capable of making errors, that one knows not God. Simply put. If one cannot fathom the existence of a being without flaw, then one isn't in a position to judge God's actions.

Psalm 19:7-9
    The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
    The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
    The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Jun '15 19:51
    I can see that resonated! 😕
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Jun '15 20:061 edit

No, it doesn't. More often than not, these "very simple 'hypothetical' questions" are crafted to make the answerer look like an idiot, no matter which way they answer. Those "questions" are often just too stupid on their face and do not, in any way, reflect reality. You (as well as Zahlanzi, as seen in this thread, and the other one) are just holding a fun-house mirror up to our beliefs. The question in no way reflects what is real. When you yourself do not understand the beliefs of Christians, any "hypothetical" (whose ramifications are anything but "hypothetical" ) is bound to be not only bent out of all proportion, but of zero importance simply because it is twisted beyond recognition into something more resembling fantasy than fact.

One cannot acknowledge "serious flaws" in one's belief if there are none. But we also avoid blaspheming our God, which often is the main reason for these idiot "questions" in the first place.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Jun '15 20:08
    No. I don't need more information. I need clarity and truth.

Quite frankly, I don't believe a mere mortal has the right to judge between good and evil. That's why we Christians turn to the Word of God to define what is good and evil.

Fundamentally, if one thinks that a perfect being is capable of making errors, that one knows not God. Simply put. If on ...[text shortened]... e LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
    And we have a winner!

😀
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Jun '15 20:09

Exactly.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Jun '15 20:11
    Originally posted by FMF

Speaking of transparent and obvious...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree