1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148422
    08 May '13 14:58
    How do you define it?
    Is it real?
    Kelly
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93384
    08 May '13 15:08
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    How do you define it?
    Is it real?
    Kelly
    i believe evil is just a word. used to describe immoral thoughts and actions that usually result in physical or mental harm of another living thing in which the protagonist usually shows no empathy for the victim.

    i believe that people who are 'evil' are suffering from a mental illness.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    08 May '13 16:02
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    i believe evil is just a word. used to describe immoral thoughts and actions that usually result in physical or mental harm of another living thing in which the protagonist usually shows no empathy for the victim.

    i believe that people who are 'evil' are suffering from a mental illness.
    I generally refer to dictionaries for definitions, so as to avoid a sort of verbal solipsism.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86307
    08 May '13 16:131 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Evil.
    How do you define it?
    Is it real?
    One of my silent but deadliest.
    My wife would say they are too real.
  5. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    08 May '13 16:20
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    i believe evil is just a word. used to describe immoral thoughts and actions that usually result in physical or mental harm of another living thing in which the protagonist usually shows no empathy for the victim.

    i believe that people who are 'evil' are suffering from a mental illness.
    I would agree with that.

    Evil is a word to describe the badness in everything and everybody.
    But not all are mentally ill. I believe that some people are just
    plain evil and not mentally ill.

    It all depends I suppose on your sensibilities and what you define as
    mentally ill. Every time I lock my door I check it to see if it is locked.
    Am I mentally ill????????

    Are people mentally ill simply because they have no feelings or
    empathy towards others? There are people out there ( millions of them )
    who don't give a @@***%$£ about you or me or anyone else.

    Does that make them evil? Or mentally ill?
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93384
    08 May '13 16:29
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    I would agree with that.

    Evil is a word to describe the badness in everything and everybody.
    But not all are mentally ill. I believe that some people are just
    plain evil and not mentally ill.

    It all depends I suppose on your sensibilities and what you define as
    mentally ill. Every time I lock my door I check it to see if it is locked. ...[text shortened]... ve a @@***%$£ about you or me or anyone else.

    Does that make them evil? Or mentally ill?
    checking the door once is okay, the mechanism may have failed.

    a person with no empathy has a mental illness as far as im concerned.

    i dont think its possible to be 'just evil' there is always a reason why somebody acts in a 'evil' way and its nearly always down to traumatic experiences as a child or brain defects.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12693
    08 May '13 18:35
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    checking the door once is okay, the mechanism may have failed.

    a person with no empathy has a mental illness as far as im concerned.

    i dont think its possible to be 'just evil' there is always a reason why somebody acts in a 'evil' way and its nearly always down to traumatic experiences as a child or brain defects.
    Evil is the opposite of good. So find out what good is and do good instead of evil.

    The Instructor
  8. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    08 May '13 19:14
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    How do you define it?
    Is it real?
    Kelly
    The complete opposite of Jehovah God.
  9. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    5232
    08 May '13 19:281 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Evil is the opposite of good. So find out what good is and do good instead of evil.

    The Instructor
    I have never, at any point in my existence, ordered the execution of a man for sleeping with another man.

    I am therefore evil.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93384
    08 May '13 19:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Evil is the opposite of good. So find out what good is and do good instead of evil.

    The Instructor
    opposite of good is evil? really?

    is the opposite of good-health, evil-health?
    a good cut of meat, an evil cut of meat?
    a good shag, an evil shag?
    a good pint of beer, an evil pint of beer?
  11. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    08 May '13 19:43
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    opposite of good is evil? really?

    is the opposite of good-health, evil-health?
    a good cut of meat, an evil cut of meat?
    a good shag, an evil shag?
    a good pint of beer, an evil pint of beer?
    It's been a while since I had an evil shag.
  12. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    08 May '13 19:44
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Evil is the opposite of good. So find out what good is and do good instead of evil.

    The Instructor
    When did you get promoted to "Instructor?"


    Instructor of what??????????????????
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91535
    08 May '13 21:06
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    How do you define it?
    Is it real?
    Kelly
    I agree with stellspafie : there is no evil only mental illness.

    "Ignorance" , I call it
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91535
    08 May '13 21:07
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    When did you get promoted to "Instructor?"


    Instructor of what??????????????????
    After he got promoted past "Houdini master", I assume he instructs us how to use engines.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    08 May '13 21:14
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I agree with stellspafie : there is no evil only mental illness.

    "Ignorance" , I call it
    So then is Obama ill or just evil?
Back to Top