1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 00:01
    Originally posted by amannion
    You are completely mistaken about how evolution works.
    We don't grow hands or wings or penises or anything else because we need them.

Species change over time - they mutate. Most of the time these mutations are either deleterious (they kill you and life moves on without you) or benign (they do nothing and life moves on with or without you). Sometimes - ...[text shortened]... you can see where I'm going with this, because this post is getting way too big.
    You know you can "think" how things "might" have worked but the simple truth is you or no one else has any proof of these "ideas" or "theories".
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 00:06
    Originally posted by ua41
    So this question has been asked earlier in this thread, I will ask in different words-

What is wrong with God using evolution? Is there a contradiction between God/Creator and evolution? If so, what is it?
    Because God as the Bible says and demonstrates many, many times is a "God of order" and not one to leave things up to chance. The Bible clearlly says in Genesis that each animal was created and according to it's "kind". Not one hint of a comment that God created some half alive blob in a pond of scum and said "let's see what happens with this!"
  3. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 00:55
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You know you can "think" how things "might" have worked but the simple truth is you or no one else has any proof of these "ideas" or "theories".
    Well, there's the genetics evidence, the fossil record, the behavioural research, and so on ... so no, I guess you're right, there's no evidence.
    But you have all the evidence needed don't you - fairy tales in a book will do that everytime.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 02:22
    Well, there's the genetics evidence, the fossil record, the behavioural research, and so on ... so no, I guess you're right, there's no evidence.
    But you have all the evidence needed don't you - fairy tales in a book will do that everytime.
    Sorry but there is no evidence. I have yet to be shown any and the links of supposed evidence that get posted to me still as I've pointed out before are full of words such as "maybe, could have, under the right conditions, in a lab, it looks like, possibly, in theory, no doubt, we think, etc, etc".
    Doesn't instill much faith with those words. Sorry.
  5. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 02:29
    Sorry but there is no evidence. I have yet to be shown any and the links of supposed evidence that get posted to me still as I've pointed out before are full of words such as "maybe, could have, under the right conditions, in a lab, it looks like, possibly, in theory, no doubt, we think, etc, etc".
    Doesn't instill much faith with those words. Sorry.
    Sorry, but that's how science works.
    No one claims to know the ultimate truth.
    Every explanation is contingent and open to question and falsification.
    Explanations can be demonstrated to be false and can be supplanted by better ones.

What's your evidence?
    A book.

Nice one ...
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 03:25
    Explanations can be demonstrated to be false and can be supplanted by better ones.

What's your evidence?
    A book.

Nice one ...
    The evidence of creation is all around you my friend.
  7. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 03:35
    The evidence of creation is all around you my friend.
    Yeah good one.
    That's about as convincing as claiming that I can find god if I look under a pickle in my next quarter pounder.
    Actually, come to think of it, maybe that's my problem. I've been throwing the pickles out all these years. Holy crap, I'm off to Maccas ...
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 03:37
    Yeah good one.
    That's about as convincing as claiming that I can find god if I look under a pickle in my next quarter pounder.
    Actually, come to think of it, maybe that's my problem. I've been throwing the pickles out all these years. Holy crap, I'm off to Maccas ...
    Lol. You know there is two sides to every story they say. Life is how we view it but there are always other possibilities and God is one of them if you viewed it from another angle.
  9. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 03:45
    Lol. You know there is two sides to every story they say. Life is how we view it but there are always other possibilities and God is one of them if you viewed it from another angle.
    Actually I've always heard it said that there are two sides to every story, but I know what you mean. I'm sure that's what you and many others tell themselves and you are truly welcome to your beliefs and faiths.
    But don't reject the very thing that keeps your world as it is - the science that has allowed us to develop cars, computers, energy generators, and many more - based on a mistaken view that your faith and it's holy texts are inerrant and inviolable. Any idiot can see that it's not possible to read any holy text as literal truth, so you must either: a. accept some passages as truth and reject others (but on what basis can you make such a choice?), or b. accept that the holy text is written as allegory and therefore is not in opposition to any scientific explanations.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 03:58
    Actually I've always heard it said that there [b]are two sides to every story, but I know what you mean. I'm sure that's what you and many others tell themselves and you are truly welcome to your beliefs and faiths.
    But don't reject the very thing that keeps your world as it is - the science that has allowed us to develop cars, computers, energy gener ...[text shortened]... is written as allegory and therefore is not in opposition to any scientific explanations.[/b]
    Science has done some good, some. But what else has science given us that we could do without? Nuclear weapons, weapons of mass destruction, pollutants killing our planet, no doubt increases of disastrous weather because of global warming, human deformities because of pestisides, etc, etc. Cars are good but to a point. How many humans are killed because of them each year?
    And most recently nuclear fallout in Japan that we have no idea yet what that will become of.
    Science is good and we can benifit from it..but only to a point. It's not our saviour by any means.
  11. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 04:10
    Science has done some good, some. But what else has science given us that we could do without? Nuclear weapons, weapons of mass destruction, pollutants killing our planet, no doubt increases of disastrous weather because of global warming, human deformities because of pestisides, etc, etc. Cars are good but to a point. How many humans are killed because ...[text shortened]... nce is good and we can benifit from it..but only to a point. It's not our saviour by any means.
    And never have I claimed that anything is our saviour.
    I only need a saviour if I have something to be saved from. And I don't. all I have is this life, and I'm happy to have it for as long as I can.
    Nor am I claiming that science is something worthy of worship in the place of your gods. It isn't - as you suggest, the products of science are a mixed bag in terms of their impacts on us and on the world.
    But science gives us a way to understand how the world works. I wouldn't give that away for anything - and if we were, we may as well go back to burning witches at the stake, and quoting idiotic prophecies of unknown futures ...
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 08:11

What's your evidence?
    A book.

Nice one ...
    Here is a link with a brief summary of the scientific evidence against evolution.
    http://www.changinglivesonline.org/evolution.html
  13. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 08:57
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Here is a link with a brief summary of the scientific evidence against evolution.
    You have repeated this link in three threads, as if it is the holy grail of evolutionary refutation, and we will all some how bow down to its profundity. Rather, it is just mere pseudo-science.
  14. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 08:59
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yeah, nice one.
    Next you'll show me a link with the 'scientific' evidence for gods.
  15. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 09:08
    Actually I've always heard it said that there [b]are two sides to every story, but I know what you mean. I'm sure that's what you and many others tell themselves and you are truly welcome to your beliefs and faiths.
    But don't reject the very thing that keeps your world as it is - the science that has allowed us to develop cars, computers, energy gener ...[text shortened]... is written as allegory and therefore is not in opposition to any scientific explanations.[/b]
    Actually, I think galveston75 is probably right. I have seen cars constructed on TV, as well as computers, etc, but how did they actually make it work?

I think these manufacturers had faith. They must have prayed at the last moment to give their products "life".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree