1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 14:39
    This post is NOT for Proper Knob.

When you read of David, in the best aspects, you are reading of Jesus.
    When you read of Solomon, in the best and godly aspects, you are reading about Jesus.

All the positive aspects of all the godly ones in the OT are pointers to the Son of God. We know much about the life of Christ through the lives of those who led up to the Christ.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 14:52
    Originally posted by jaywill
    What do I care that you do not read it? Maybe someone else will.
    I don't care that you don't care that i don't care. I thought i'd be polite so you don't waste your time in the future.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 16:58
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I don't care that you don't care that i don't care. I thought i'd be polite so you don't waste your time in the future.
    That's funny. Anymore comedy? 😀
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 13:59
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That's funny. Anymore comedy? 😀
    Have you heard the one about the guy who was born of a virgin?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 15:27
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And I merely wish to know what purpose this punishment served. It makes no sense to me.
    So we see ample evidence in this life for the need of punishment, but not in the next life? What is the disconnect? Also, we see ample evidence of the need to remove certain individuals from society because of their anti-social behavior, but not in the next life? Again, what is the disconnect?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 15:29
    Seperation from the source of all life and love I think is a form of punishment.
    Suffering, yes. Punishment? Why?
    What is the diff?

I thought punishment was a form of suffering. Would it make you feel any better saying that your suffering was not a form of punishment?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 15:31
    Ha ha. Why do theists tell us how terrible separation from God is and how infinitely more desirable heaven is, then turn around and suggest that a well informed person would choose separation. You are not making any sense.[/b]
    Seperation from God = sin.

Like it or not, man chose the later. It is now up to him to choose the former.
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 15:33
    Originally posted by whodey

Like it or not, man chose the later.

I thought it was a woman?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 15:35
    [b]However, what of the life of Christ?

Exactly!! We know very little of it. We know about his birth and the last few years before his death, the remaining 90% or so is unknown. I always find it strange when Christians talk of the life of Jesus.[/b]
    What is more important? Is it more important how well you know someone or how long you have known them? I have known some people my whole life but not really know them all that well.

The short period Jesus had his public ministry I think is an intimate reflection of who and what he was all about.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 15:35
    [b]Like it or not, man chose the later.

I thought it was a woman?[/b]
    "Mankind".
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 15:39
    "Mankind".
    You mean one single person ruined it for everyone else.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 17:06
    Thankyou for your politeness.

I will leave you alone.
    Have a great life.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 18:34
    So we see ample evidence in this life for the need of punishment, but not in the next life? What is the disconnect? Also, we see ample evidence of the need to remove certain individuals from society because of their anti-social behavior, but not in the next life? Again, what is the disconnect?
    The disconnect is that I understand the need for punishment in this life, but not in the next. If you see the need, then why are you having trouble explaining it rather than trying so hard to avoid actually answering?
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 18:35

And who exactly is 'man' and when did he choose? Whats that got to do with me?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 23:15
    Have you heard the one about the guy who was born of a virgin?
    Do you really think that is funny? 😠

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree